Native Completed Scramble League America(SLA) Congrats to Slayer of Men Elite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Again, just so you guys are aware, all matches will be on US Central servers. Just a heads up to any EUs that want to play.

Edit: Also if you sign up as a class I know you don't play, I will put you in the class I know you play or put you as a flex player. Also teams will be built based of tiers of player skill, not completely random.

Just curious as to why the central server location decision. Your goal is 120 players which is a number that NASL never ever had all at once and that was over a year ago when our competitive community still had more than one active team. Not only did we never have 120 active players in that tournament, I believe about 40 percent or so were European players and that number was even larger in WFL. I know NA players complain when the servers are East coast but the number of potential European players and East coast players outweighs the West coast by like 30 to 1. I can't even name 10 West coast players that I think would sign up.

Still love the scramble format and I'll play no matter what but I think East coast will attract more players overall. Granted this will be a non summer tournament so I'm not sure what the European turnout will even be due to that as well.

Name: Maccle
Steam: Ill get it later
ID: idk ill get that too
Main Class: Inf/Archer
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No)no

pepper and i package deal

Overall with it being the school year, matches will be later in the day for NA making it harder for EUs to attend, but also I want this to be a tourney more about getting newer NA players playing and less about just having a ton of EUs come over. Also without as many EUs it will take off the pressure of having to scrim at 7est at the latest and allow for more NA players to play with later scrim times. It will allow for more newer NA players to receive playing time, the EUs that generally sign up for these NA tourneys are better than the average NA even with ping. This makes it harder for newer players who sign up to receive playing time, so I want to give them a step up, we'll never grow the NA community if we just have EUs play a ton in every NA tourney. That being said, if there's a numbers problem, I will be open to some changes, also I am expecting closer to 8-9 teams then 10-12. I wanted to set the bar higher instead of lower, so we will see how this develops and move on from there.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Just curious as to why the central server location decision. Your goal is 120 players which is a number that NASL never ever had all at once and that was over a year ago when our competitive community still had more than one active team. Not only did we never have 120 active players in that tournament, I believe about 40 percent or so were European players and that number was even larger in WFL. I know NA players complain when the servers are East coast but the number of potential European players and East coast players outweighs the West coast by like 30 to 1. I can't even name 10 West coast players that I think would sign up.

Still love the scramble format and I'll play no matter what but I think East coast will attract more players overall. Granted this will be a non summer tournament so I'm not sure what the European turnout will even be due to that as well.

I think what Nevino is trying to do is to make NA have something of their own. He'll welcome EU players as it will make sure there's more players overall but purposely making it east coast just to accommodate EU players when it's an NA tournament is bad. I think NA should be focusing on getting as many NA players as possible. Worst comes to worst, he can easily make it east coast.

NB: Posted this the exact same time as Nevino's reply.

Fietta said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:

I think what Nevino is trying to do is to make NA have something of their own. He'll welcome EU players as it will make sure there's more players overall but purposely making it east coast just to accommodate EU players when it's an NA tournament is bad. I think NA should be focusing on getting as many NA players as possible. Worst comes to worst, he can easily make it east coast.

Basically this

The problem is that we've had many NW, PW, CRPG players join these before and not a single one has stayed more than two weeks. In NASL I had to replace almost 50 or so players by Week Three. They have never committed to the competitive scene in the past so why would they now. Just doesn't seem believable but maybe the past six years is not good evidence.

Name: Biff
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Biffstudley
ID: idk ill get it later
Main Class: inf
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No)no

Most players from other mods leave due to lack of playing time, or in a team tourney, just from getting their ass beat. I want this tourney to try and actually build up people's confidence and take time to actually teach the game a bit. I don't see a reason why we can't try again, this is the first NA tourney with more of an emphasis on getting more NA players involved, it doesn't hurt to try and again I can easily remedy numbers by moving it to NY servers.

Nevino said:
Overall with it being the school year, matches will be later in the day for NA making it harder for EUs to attend, but also I want this to be a tourney more about getting newer NA players playing and less about just having a ton of EUs come over. Also without as many EUs it will take off the pressure of having to scrim at 7est at the latest and allow for more NA players to play with later scrim times. It will allow for more newer NA players to receive playing time, the EUs that generally sign up for these NA tourneys are better than the average NA even with ping. This makes it harder for newer players who sign up to receive playing time, so I want to give them a step up, we'll never grow the NA community if we just have EUs play a ton in every NA tourney. That being said, if there's a numbers problem, I will be open to some changes, also I am expecting closer to 8-9 teams then 10-12. I wanted to set the bar higher instead of lower, so we will see how this develops and move on from there.

Putting America  first? Nevino is the president we need  :fruity:

USA USA USA

Name: Shovenio
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198320419462/
ID: 3365230
Main Class: INFWANTWEY
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No) No

Name: Achaner (Achcancer according to Rob)
Steam: Steam Link
ID: 644582
Main Class: Calvary
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No) No... unless you really, really need me to (please don't).

Nevino, if you need any help with anything, just hit me up!

Name: Sitvek
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042584989/
ID: 994596
Main Class: equally sh*t at all 3
Do you want to be a captain? (Yes/No) never.

Back
Top Bottom