MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Eragon91 said:
Arch3r said:
Did you reload the scene?

My first time making a map, so i forgot. Thank you :smile:

Allthough, now that i have noticed that my map will become quite large, i was wondering if there is any way to move the spawn points for the attackers closer to the flag after, say, a certain point is reached or a certain amount of time have passed?

I read something about spawn points moving according to the distance to the enemies, but i didn't understand much of it.
That's all mission_templates stuff, you need the Module System for that.

Allright, so i finished my map. but after i tried to edit the Scenes.txt and Strings.txt files to add my map with the corrct name (i edited an already existing map), my multiplayer host looks like this:

2rhn11s.jpg

I didn't find where to edit the Scripts.txt file, so i didn't. The map was made in a Native clone mod, with Vincenzos admin tools & 22nd map pack added.

What i changed was to change the map label/name i edited (helms deep V2) to my maps name, and then add a new, identical, line for helms deep (restore).

Eragon91 said:
Allright, so i finished my map. but after i tried to edit the Scenes.txt and Strings.txt files to add my map with the corrct name (i edited an already existing map), my multiplayer host looks like this:

2rhn11s.jpg

I didn't find where to edit the Scripts.txt file, so i didn't. The map was made in a Native clone mod, with Vincenzos admin tools & 22nd map pack added.

What i changed was to change the map label/name i edited (helms deep V2) to my maps name, and then add a new, identical, line for helms deep (restore).
Names for maps must always have underscores "_" instead of spaces.
So for example
Code:
My_maps_name

Crossbow Joe said:
Names for maps must always have underscores "_" instead of spaces.

They have underscores. I think the error might lie in me not changing anythign in the Scripts file, but i can't find the part they tell me to change.

Eragon91 said:
2rhn11s.jpg

If you look at the strings on the admin panel, some of them seem to be "off by two", some "off by one", which would mean that you have added or removed entries before them from strings.txt that were there when the module was compiled - either that or the admin tools mod was for a different version of warband. The scripts and presentations just use numbers (their index in the txt file) for linking to strings, so if you change the order, remove entries, or add them anywhere except the very end, glitches are likely to happen.
Eragon91 said:
I think the error might lie in me not changing anythign in the Scripts file, but i can't find the part they tell me to change.
That would certainly stuff it up: the numbers for strings (and probably other things) would be wrong.

Eragon91 said:
So how do i fix it? :/
Eragon91 said:
I think the error might lie in me not changing anythign in the Scripts file, but i can't find the part they tell me to change.
By either changing all files required for the admin mod, or none of them: the txt files are compiled by the module system with specific numbers referring to other parts, so you can't pick and choose bits unless you really know what you are doing.

Corran said:
Anyone here who knows the exact entrypoints for the spawnpoints in ctf?
I believe it's the same as TDM+DM, but the codes make it dynamic (selecting the nearest entry point as start-spawnpoint and during the game selects the spawn point that's both reasonably far from the enemy and the enemy flag as well as close to your own flag.

I have problem with some Moveable ladders. In my map one moveable ladder works but when I create another one, it doesn't work. I can walk trough and some red error text appear:
"SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 530: Invalid Scene_prop instance ID: 1563 LINE NO: 6:At script check_creating_ladder_dust_effect."
"At mission object spr_siege_ladder_move_6m trigger no: 2."
and many similiar texts

What I'm doing wrong?

Lord_Peter_CZ said:
I have problem with some Moveable ladders. In my map one moveable ladder works but when I create another one, it doesn't work. I can walk trough and some red error text appear:
"SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 530: Invalid Scene_prop instance ID: 1563 LINE NO: 6:At script check_creating_ladder_dust_effect."
and many similiar texts

What I'm doing wrong?
Sometimes this happens. Restart Warband; if it's still giving you that error, remake the ladder, save the map, and restart Warband again.

MadocComadrin said:
Lord_Peter_CZ said:
and many similiar texts

What I'm doing wrong?
Sometimes this happens. Restart Warband; if it's still giving you that error, remake the ladder, save the map, and restart Warband again.
This is happening to me all the time making my map though

Back
Top Bottom