MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Z.Master said:
do i need to add only 2 enter points first number 1 second 32 or what???

Yes, you only need two entry points, but entry point 0 will be where faction 1 enters, not entry point 1. The players will enter in a row with the entry point in it's center.

i add enter point but solders still spawn in middle of map, i ask some1 om forum and they told me i need script, where to find it.

I never heard of that you need a spawn-script. I believe there are different spawn-scripts for the different gametypes. Siege for example has a very complicated script. For battle the script should be very easy, cause you have only two entry points. When building a multiplayer scene, you have to define, which gametype it will be. Have you done that? (in the "scripts" file, best with the module system).
If you have done that, and have placed the two right entry points, than it should work. If it doesn't: reloading the scene can help with... ANY problem! :grin:

Hi,I had a question:I use Windows7,and,the changes on the scenes will be saved only on the original area.The area added by re-sizing the scene cannot be saved.I tried run-as-admin,check-all-to-exe,move-folder-to-desktop but not the control-panel-user-settings.I can's seem to find'em.Can you tell me where they are?

I saw the post on how to rename your map. I still don't understand.
I want to name it Balion Warfield
Do I name scn_multi_scene_7.sco Balion Warfield.sco
and the go to scenes and name it scn_Balion Warfield Balion Warfield
edit: my map is working but when I went to test it it named it as Field by river like normal scene7 even after I changed the names. Is this what its supposed to do, and will it be called "Balion Warfield" in the server list?

Deathbytac0 said:
I saw the post on how to rename your map. I still don't understand.
I want to name it Balion Warfield
Do I name scn_multi_scene_7.sco Balion Warfield.sco
and the go to scenes and name it scn_Balion Warfield Balion Warfield
edit: my map is working but when I went to test it it named it as Field by river like normal scene7 even after I changed the names. Is this what its supposed to do, and will it be called "Balion Warfield" in the server list?
Go to strings.txt and ctrl+f for "Field_by_the_River"
Change that entry to Balion Warfield
Code:
str_multi_scene_7 Field_by_the_River
Change to:
Code:
str_multi_scene_7 Balion_Warfield

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Hi,I had a question:I use Windows7,and,the changes on the scenes will be saved only on the original area.The area added by re-sizing the scene cannot be saved.I tried run-as-admin,check-all-to-exe,move-folder-to-desktop but not the control-panel-user-settings.I can's seem to find'em.Can you tell me where they are?
Any solution?

ThaneWulfgharn said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Any solution?
Do you mean you have added a terrain code to a scene that is a larger size than the original scenes?
Usually not a good idea, else things like this will happen. I would recommend generating a new .sco file with the terrain code you want and starting again.

I am trying to make a Siege map. However, when i add walls, they sometimes lack collision. I just run straight through them.

The ladders up to the walls work without problem. But whenever i try to move from the ladders to the walls i fall straight through them. Other walls i slowly slide over the side, as if falling.

Any idea whats wrong?

Deathbytac0 said:
What files should I find to share a edited arena map? There is no scn_multi_scene_21, only in strings.txt.
Sort the .sco by date modified, your edited scene should be at the top as the last one modified. Unless you have made changes to another scene since then.

Crossbow Joe said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Any solution?
Do you mean you have added a terrain code to a scene that is a larger size than the original scenes?
Usually not a good idea, else things like this will happen. I would recommend generating a new .sco file with the terrain code you want and starting again.
More clearly:Before,what you say did work.Now,not!Also,.sco files can be copy-pasted not generated blank.Is copy-pasting a .sco file and adding a new scene in module_scenes.py what you mean?

Arch3r said:
Did you reload the scene?

My first time making a map, so i forgot. Thank you :smile:

Allthough, now that i have noticed that my map will become quite large, i was wondering if there is any way to move the spawn points for the attackers closer to the flag after, say, a certain point is reached or a certain amount of time have passed?

I read something about spawn points moving according to the distance to the enemies, but i didn't understand much of it.

Back
Top Bottom