MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have finished a map that has worked so far with under 64 players.  I have two spawn points for Battle mode named Entry Point 0 and Entry Point 32.  Will this work for a server that can accommodate 250 people?

I've seen a lot of questions on this, but not many answers.

How do I set up spawns and capture points for conquest? Do I just use 0 and 32 for the spawn places still, or is there different numbers?

For Conquest you need to set up 3 entry points that you want as the capture points and number them 67, 68, and 69.  As far as making the map available when you choose conquest mode I have no idea. 

Righto, i dunno whats wrong, but I get a problem with the tool bar its self. I can access most stuff, the basic stuff really, but when it comes to changing the weather, because it is so god damn tall, I can change the weather! I'm working on a town like map which would be awesome for hunt mod and Native but i want it to be night and misty. Any help?

Thanks, Stuboi

Stuboi0 said:
Righto, i dunno whats wrong, but I get a problem with the tool bar its self. I can access most stuff, the basic stuff really, but when it comes to changing the weather, because it is so god damn tall, I can change the weather! I'm working on a town like map which would be awesome for hunt mod and Native but i want it to be night and misty. Any help?

Thanks, Stuboi
The weather in the editor is only for previews. To change the weather you must edit it in the code for that scene.

Arch3r, may I snatch this? :roll:

Sorry, have taken that allready to my compilation but still waiting. :oops:

And can anyone specify how to set entry points for team deathmatch to make everything work? Haven't found any info yet.

This may have already come up, but the search function is down.

I'm trying to add an entry point to the arena in Dhirim so that I can have an npc in my party show up under certain conditions. I went into edit mode and tried adding a point (it was auto-labeled as 17), and the character did show up... but he was acting as a melee participant and just kept trying to run at the guys down in the arena proper. I then moved that entry point down into the arena and made a new one, labeling it as 60 and adjusting the text accordingly, but now the guy won't show up at all. I know my code works, else it wouldn't have worked for entry point 17, so it must have something to do with the entry point itself.

Is there something I have to do in the Edit Mode to make the character appear?

With battle mode, I have a feeling that the entry points for battle are the same effect as with CTF.

Team one entry points: 18,19,20,21,22,23,24 and 31.

I've made a few battleground maps and used team 2 entry points with 51,52,53,54,55,56,57 and 63.

I'm not certain that this is correct, but I havent had any complaints so far. Try it out, it could be wrong, could be right, but I havent heard any complaints about it yet with any of my maps.

I basically used the 18th entry point for team two and took the same pattern.

Hope this helps those who want to create a battleground map. :smile:

If you search the module system for multi_initial_spawn_point_team_ you'll see that the battle mode only spawns players at entry points 0 and 32.

Ahh okay, that helps alot actually :smile: Thanks. My entries must only stay for CTF then. :razz:

So 32 spawns 0 - 31? so I'm guessing 0 - 15 is team 1, 16 - 31 is team 2? Do you know how it works?

EDIT: Don't worry, its just 0 and 32 :razz: 0 for team 1, 32 for team 2 :smile:

Hello everybody!

I have a question regarding destructible doors in a multiplayer siege map.
I have always used the "door_destructible" object. The door can be destroyed and opened. But it can be opended by both factions, which is not very useful.
Any idea, how to change this?

Greetings, Corran.

Try the various castle_e/f_door and castle_e/f_sally_doors. Sally doors can only be opened from one side by either faction, and the non-sally doors can be opened from both sides by only the defenders. Both can be destroyed.

MadocComadrin said:
Try the various castle_e/f_door and castle_e/f_sally_doors. Sally doors can only be opened from one side by either faction, and the non-sally doors can be opened from both sides by only the defenders. Both can be destroyed.

Sally doors are not the right thing for my situation. The doors must be opened from both sides but only by the defendes, just as you described tose non-sally doors. Which are these, cause it appears to me, that the door_destructible is not one of them, for the attakers can open them too...

Having problems with Conquest, can do the HQ Flags fine, but can't do neutral flags? please halp :sad:

I've tried Entry points 66, 67, 68, 69 & that didn't work, so not sure what to do now :sad:

There is a HQ flag that is a prop item. You just have to place it. As far as I am aware the only entry points you have to place for the conquest mode is the one for each teams initial spawn.

Look for the grey one as opposed to, teams red and blue.

I need some help... How is it possible to modify/create AI mesh?

I see some yellow arrows around the map but I don't understand how to move them or add new ones (if those arrows even have something to do with the AI path).

Thank you!

Egalmoth said:
I need some help... How is it possible to modify/create AI mesh?

I see some yellow arrows around the map but I don't understand how to move them or add new ones (if those arrows even have something to do with the AI path).

Thank you!
Those arrows are entry points, to edit AI meshes you need to click on the Edit AI mesh tab, there is a tutorial here

Herbiie said:
Having problems with Conquest, can do the HQ Flags fine, but can't do neutral flags? please halp :sad:

I've tried Entry points 66, 67, 68, 69 & that didn't work, so not sure what to do now :sad:
To place these flags, do not play entry points but instead the hq_flag_grey scene prop. (Not sure about the scene prop ID, but I think it was something like hq_flag_grey)

Back
Top Bottom