Scenes. TW are you going to do anything about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Atleast we know that we will get one more use for them in one of the next updates when keep battles are introduced. TW said that they would use the whole scene there much more then before because the defenders retreat trough the streets of the town.

I won't hold my breath on this, I've had a quick look on some scenes, it would need a total rework of 90% of the actual content if they intend to do this without any transitions.
If anything, I suspect Keep battles will be transitioned just like Hideout battles, after the first battle finishes you're teleported in another scene, that it's.

Truly is a shame.

I was taking a stroll through Omor last night thinking how awesome it would be to have an epic battle through those streets.

Ah ok thx for the precision.

Mmmm I just checked 2 towns backstreets, and couldn't find any thugs...
Is it a bug officialy reported?
And yes, the spy quest is also another occasion to get in town, it is a good quest.
Isn't this the rival gang quest? You need to grab the quest from one of the gang leaders and come back in 3 days for the fight.

Isn't this the rival gang quest? You need to grab the quest from one of the gang leaders and come back in 3 days for the fight.
No it's a different thing. There used to be thug NPCs hanging out in those three areas, and they will insult you if you talk to them. Then you can use that as an excuse to murder them and loot their bodies.

Interesting. Cheers for the info
Actually it is a 2 phases fight.
First, as Grank said, you insult them and the fight starts.
After winning, a dialogue box appears saying "you see the thugs gathering again, they surely prepare to fight back" (or something like that).
Then it asks you if you want to leave or wait for the second attack (you have to stay some time in town).
The second phase is more something like the gang leader quest, where the current owner (gang leader) of the alleys will fight you with his men.
Unfortunately you can not take control of the alleys after winning the second fight...

No it's a different thing. There used to be thug NPCs hanging out in those three areas, and they will insult you if you talk to them. Then you can use that as an excuse to murder them and loot their bodies.
They forgot to remove this feature, it must be the only one that cannot be accessed directly from the world map.

I think they see this game as a combat simulator with a sprinkling of kingdom management. But they have no idea of how to make an rpg. It's like they think "**** it we can't do that so we won't try".
Pretty crazy considering they could have just built up from WB mod community. I am telling you, leadership at TW is the densest and dumbest I have ever seen in any video game company or consumer organization. You can only get away with that level of incompetence because it is not a US company not specifically catering to US consumers.

Edit: This is when a western based public company (has shareholders) process and structure would really do a lot of good, but as we all know, very hard to find a balance between greediness and "passion"

Pretty crazy considering they could have just built up from WB mod community. I am telling you, leadership at TW is the densest and dumbest I have ever seen in any video game company or consumer organization. You can only get away with that level of incompetence because it is not a US company not specifically catering to US consumers.

Edit: This is when a western based public company (has shareholders) process and structure would really do a lot of good, but as we all know, very hard to find a balance between greediness and "passion"
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but are you implying that the level of competence in management is a question of geographical concern?
That only US or Western companies "would really do a lot of good"?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but are you implying that the level of competence in management is a question of geographical concern?
Something is lacking in this company,for being Turks, or not, perhaps a lack of organization and defined objectives. I opened this thread because it costs me to see the huge work of many people not being used, and this is probably due to management errors.

You are misunderstanding. It is not a geographical concern, but the structure of the company. TW whole being a private business does not answer to anyone apart from big boss, whatever title that is. Of couse, they have to sell copies of their products to make revenue and then some to make profit, but if they really wanted to, they could release a very ****ty product (mmmhmmm, sounds familiar ehm?) and not sell that many over the long run (hopefully).

In the western structure, having shareholders, etc, provides another avenue of whom the company has to answer to, shareholders, which of course want more profits, but also are very interested in releasing a good product which outcompetes competitors and thus makes more profits.

I call it western structure because I do not know the typical structure of a company in the eastern world, specially in the middle east area. I only know western company structures.

Something is lacking in this company,for being Turks, or not, perhaps a lack of organization and defined objectives. I opened this thread because it costs me to see the huge work of many people not being used, and this is probably due to management errors.
+1. Gross error and general incompetence.

You are misunderstanding. It is not a geographical concern, but the structure of the company. TW whole being a private business does not answer to anyone apart from big boss, whatever title that is. Of couse, they have to sell copies of their products to make revenue and then some to make profit, but if they really wanted to, they could release a very ****ty product (mmmhmmm, sounds familiar ehm?) and not sell that many over the long run (hopefully).

In the western structure, having shareholders, etc, provides another avenue of whom the company has to answer to, shareholders, which of course want more profits, but also are very interested in releasing a good product which outcompetes competitors and thus makes more profits.

I call it western structure because I do not know the typical structure of a company in the eastern world, specially in the middle east area. I only know western company structures.

+1. Gross error and general incompetence.
You could also say its a symptom of not having a real publisher. Its funny because publishers are usually seen as the villains when games go bad. They get blamed for pushing unrealistic release windows so that the developers need to sacrifice game quality and eliminate features meet the deadlines. In Bannerlord's case, though, they probably could've benefited from a good publisher holding their feet to the fire a little bit. Some external pressure can often do wonders at focusing your efforts.

And if that didn't help, well, at least they could've blamed all the problems on the publisher and preserved their good name with the fans.

You could also say its a symptom of not having a real publisher. Its funny because publishers are usually seen as the villains when games go bad. They get blamed for pushing unrealistic release windows so that the developers need to sacrifice game quality and eliminate features meet the deadlines. In Bannerlord's case, though, they probably could've benefited from a good publisher holding their feet to the fire a little bit. Some external pressure can often do wonders at focusing your efforts.

And if that didn't help, well, at least they could've blamed all the problems on the publisher and preserved their good name with the fans.
+1. You are spot on. Thank you for educating me on the publisher thing. Didn't knew much about that. I think we can clearly see armagan's and others in leadership position lack of business sense and really bad organizational and leadership skills. A good thing for us at least is that we are witnessing, and have and will continue witnessing how NOT to run a company, at least if you care about the quality of your product and the respect of your most loyal fanbase/customers. You can really apply TW case to almost any other business scenario

I also wanted to share regarding my above post that the shareholder's structure could/would also benefit TW, and really the Mount & Blade IP and series, by potentially providing the ability of removing those in leadership positions, if pass by board members.

At this point I have no faith in the actual studio itself to do anything substantial. All our hope now lies with the modding community...

Atleast we know that we will get one more use for them in one of the next updates when keep battles are introduced. TW said that they would use the whole scene there much more then before because the defenders retreat trough the streets of the town.
Hang on, don't retreating soldiers already run through the streets back to the keep?

If I'm correct they take different routes back to the keep depending on what area of the walls etc they are defending at the moment they rout. What else can TWs add to utilize the streets in a whole scene other than what's already in place now with retreating soldiers? I don't get this.

Hang on, don't retreating soldiers already run through the streets back to the keep?

If I'm correct they take different routes back to the keep depending on what area of the walls etc they are defending at the moment they rout. What else can TWs add to utilize the streets in a whole scene other than what's already in place now with retreating soldiers? I don't get this.
Many scenes have multiple layers of walls or defensible points that aren't used at all. They don't fall back to the inner walls after the outer walls are taken, they just keep spawning next to the gatehouse on top of everyone rather than at strategic points that they could hold much more easily. There's basically no difference between taking a simple castle and a city with two layers of walls and a citadel.

Back
Top Bottom