Scenes [Screensots] Updated 6/2/09

Users who are viewing this thread

Just now, when I'd thought I'd do more editing. :sad: I've smoothened the ground now, but most of the houses need some re-elavating. Some have sunken into the ground, some are in floating in the air.

Thats weird..do I have the final version of that 1 scene you sent me, because it looked petty much complete when I looked around?

Heh... that wasn't the final version. xD It'll look bad if it is, though, since you can see everything from the outside. That scene is just a small bit of a HUGE city, so it pretty much sucks if you can ride around it in less than a minute...

It was bigger then the original ... I think....and hey, you can't make them TOO big, otherwise they'll lag and we dont want LAG.  Lag is a word used to describe 'failure' in this mod xD

Anyways, I'm scraping 60% of the texture files inside delta, when we get to the 1.0 release most of the textures will be brand spanking new.  Still, I'll need to know what 'textures' directly connect to your cities, so that I can replace them with Tangut styled walls and bricks.  Since a very bad thing is looking at a nice tangut city, and then seeing some really odd brick work sitting in the wall, looking weird and very out of place. :grin:

So I need the names of which textures actually create cities, I'll then get to work.  Since only the Tanguts/Jin use cities we can make them all very similar in style, but different in design.  I also think the Jin cities should be bigger and ncier then the Tangut ones. :smile:

Huzzah! Done! The ground has been sorted out. :mrgreen: Those textures in Delta are horrible. Plain.dds is just suckish.

I do love listening to those words, why?

Oh because none of it is my work! yeah, my work only exists in Epsilon which was never released. xD

Anyways, don't worry too much about the textures, just tell me which 'stone/wall' textures are applied to your cities so I can edit them.

The Native textures were designed to fit the Tangut/Jin styles anyway.  But there are 'dds textures' that randomly assign themselves to your Scenes, like those weird bricks outside the stairs. :neutral:

Also, it's up to me what textures are edited or not, the Tangut styled ones arent to be touched, but I will be editing a few others and I may be making some of them a little more Tangut themed, we really don't want Native textures if we're designing a standalone mod.  :neutral:

Well, since ONLY the Jin and Tangut use bricks and walls in this mod, we'll see how they look.  They could be perfect for all I care, everything has to blend.  So once your scene is finished i'll go exploring for any inconsistency. :smile:

truly amazing mate, great job! It would have been great if you continued work on COT, though i see that you are doing amazingly well with mongol.

Good luck man :wink:

Back
Top Bottom