Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

A New Thread for a new release.

Some issues may still exist from last version.  For instance, some of the arenas may be a little off still.  Please submit them if you encounter them again and we will take another look.  Thank you.

Also, I fixed the Eaglewatch arena just prior to the 2.0 release and made it a bit unique since it was so small before.  Hope you enjoy it and thanks for the reports.

SCENE ISSUES CURRENTLY REPORTED

Melee Arena battles do not have the correct spawn points.  All combatants spawn in a small corner of the map. 
- I know the fix, just need to find the time to do it.

Several towns may have inaccessible guards when you are caught sneaking in.  I need to move these spawn points to accessible locations.  If you encounter one, report it in this thread. 

Hmm... noticed something strange in the scene in Ferontar, nothing affected gameplay wise but it's worth a giggle when i first saw it, will continue looking out for these at towns...

mb4.jpg

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Hmm... noticed something strange in the scene in Ferontar, nothing affected gameplay wise but it's worth a giggle when i first saw it, will continue looking out for these at towns...

mb4.jpg

FIXED.

lol, i did that for fun, there's no way to move him....  and also, most of the towns have messed up AI meshes, so ill do my best to fix that.

Khandrak said:
I think it's funny as hell, personally  :lol:

I always took him to be a very depressed guild leader who was ready to jump under the pressures of Illoriaon life.

BUT, I can move his entry point if need be. 

WhysoSerious, make sure you place entry points 32 through 40 if you change any more arenas.  These are critical to proper spawns in the melee battles.

Also, the Sea Haven arena seems wacky with the bridges everywhere and the water.  the AI does not seem to work properly.  I had an archer underwater shooting a guy on the bridge who just kept walking into the edge of the bridge, never falling in to fight.  :smile:  I'm thinking something else may be needed.

Also, check out the Eaglewatch arena.  I modified it right before release and created two fighting zones.  It makes things a bit different and interesting I think.

Why.so.seriousa? said:
yea sure, i'll check it out.

I updated all the current arenas to include it for now, so you don't need to edit any preexisting ones, but I have a feeling you'll be creating some new ones.  Just something to keep in mind.  Thanks!

hey, i really like the new arena in Eaglewatch, i really like the 2 different sides of the arena, really spaces things out and makes things less cramped. Oh yeah, i have a suggestion, i know it's off topic, but have you ever thought of making the lords, kings, heroes, and elites very strong? say a few hundred strength or so, due to the 1/4 or 1/2 damage to allies and the player, this huge amount of strength won't actually be too outrageous. oh, and by the way, is there any way to get the Gilaen armour?

Why.so.seriousa? said:
hey, i really like the new arena in Eaglewatch, i really like the 2 different sides of the arena, really spaces things out and makes things less cramped. Oh yeah, i have a suggestion, i know it's off topic, but have you ever thought of making the lords, kings, heroes, and elites very strong? say a few hundred strength or so, due to the 1/4 or 1/2 damage to allies and the player, this huge amount of strength won't actually be too outrageous. oh, and by the way, is there any way to get the Gilaen armour?

Heh, Gilaes is great. I think I'll start a new character who hires only Gilaen troops :smile:.

I think in a way we've already made the heroes extremely strong - one hit from Warchief Kurg and my horse was crippled, I was on the floor half-dead (this is on the easiest of settings :wink:). I find the hardest enemies are the Feron leaders, followed closely by probably the Illoriaon leaders.

That being said, I dueled a Planelord Druid-lord for insulting a lady, and, being the honourable man that I am, dismounted. I nearly lost - it's really just about how fast they are. He had a quick falchion, and all I could do was block frantically with my Great sword until he backed off.

Good times :smile:.

Anyway, the only scene issues I've had are in Eaglewatch with the arena for obvious reasons.

The map gets weird when you get near the edges, dunno if there's anything you can do about that. Also, there's an odd hole in the map south of Ferontar and again north of Uslur.

EDIT:
Just realized I put this in the wrong place like the idiot that I am.

Elenmmare said:
Anyway, the only scene issues I've had are in Eaglewatch with the arena for obvious reasons.

What issue have you had in the Eaglewatch arena?  I redesigned it into two halves so its harder to see whats going on and has more of a frantic feel if you get separated from your team.  Is it not working properly?

Why.so.seriousa? said:

No, as of now the Gilaes armor is not available.  The module system only allows a maximum of 30 strength to be assigned during troop definitions.  In order to add additional strength, I would have to modify them all manually once the game starts via a trigger/script.  Honestly, the lords are quite strong as is.  They possess weapons that do heavy damage, high weapon skill, high health, and the best armor of their faction.  If I add any sort of manual assignments like that, it will probably be designed around 1v1 battles to make it harder for the player, or for a demon invasion or something that is meant to be a very difficult challenge.

Ah, my bad. I only meant that when you first enter it, the two guys fighting in the arena are wailing away at eachother on the edge of the battlement :wink:. Not a big issue though.

Bandit attack in village:  Emeglin

Spawned on a cliffface with all 4 bandits in my face, hit 2 who dissapeared immediatly, then killed the other 2. I couldn't leave or move, then I teleported (literally) to another hill top where the other 2 were still alive. Did manage to kill them there and end the scene.

And no, I was not under the influence  :lol:

MarcusValerius said:
Bandit attack in village:  Emeglin

Spawned on a cliffface with all 4 bandits in my face, hit 2 who dissapeared immediatly, then killed the other 2. I couldn't leave or move, then I teleported (literally) to another hill top where the other 2 were still alive. Did manage to kill them there and end the scene.

And no, I was not under the influence  :lol:

If you can manage to grab save game before one of these bandit attacks, I'd love to have it to see which entry points are being affected.

Yikes, sorry, I was just there. I'll see if I can get mugged again and show you :smile:.

Ok, I've got a proper one this time.  :smile:

Went to Tahl to buy food and was ambushed by bandits. But we all spawned outside of the map and couldn't move.

I uploaded the save to mediafire.

Back
Top Bottom