Scene Development

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, players of this great mod.

Let me introduce myself. I've been working on scenes for this mod since a long time, but we never got any of them into the game. Now that Warband is released, we can finally get this to the right path. I will be updating this tread regularly.

The Progress:

Welsh Principalities - Beware: big screenshots
Dolwyddelan Castle - 99%

Kingdom of England - Beware: big screenshots
Carlisle Castle - 80%

These 2 are the scenes I've made for now (I've done Dolwyddelan siege scene as well), but to increase this number I'll need your help. Any information or pictures from any castle/city (I'm focusing on castles right now) that is in the game and from 1200 is welcome. However, remember that remaking complicated keeps using the native scene props won't be an easy task. Think before you post any suggestions, but you shouldn't get shy because of that :wink:.

Niiice!!
Do you have any regional restrictions for now? I mean, do you only wish to start with actual UK & IUreland castles for now?
Or can we dump any castle we want from alll Europe?? 'cause this thread could easily become a mess in no time...full of many european castles pictures... I don't know, I'm just asking, since i don't really have any idea of how much time it makes to create a castle scene. I just thuoght maybe you don't want to be with flooded with castle pics.

Brubar said:
Niiice!!
Do you have any regional restrictions for now? I mean, do you only wish to start with actual UK & IUreland castles for now?
Or can we dump any castle we want from alll Europe?? 'cause this thread could easily become a mess in no time...full of many european castles pictures... I don't know, I'm just asking, since i don't really have any idea of how much time it makes to create a castle scene. I just thuoght maybe you don't want to be with flooded with castle pics.

I can make any castle from northern or western Europe. Iberia would be the most difficult right now because there's a mix of muslin's and christian's buildings.

Needless to say it looks great.

Btw, in the current version of the mod you also have brick and chalc sceneprops at your disposal. Not that it is very useful for Iberia.

I'll see if I can find some references for some good non-British scenes :smile: There are always so many scenes from Britannia in every mod.

Cruger said:
Needless to say it looks great.

Btw, in the current version of the mod you also have brick and chalc sceneprops at your disposal. Not that it is very useful for Iberia.

I'll see if I can find some references for some good non-British scenes :smile: There are always so many scenes from Britannia in every mod.

Thanks Cruger :razz:.

Al-Mansur gave us permission to use his French props, so for France, it's better to use those. There is a special brick architecture for the Netherlands and Poland, but that will come later.

As for castles, current props are OK with Iberian and Italian castles. It's the towns that present a problem. But still, we would need a big chapel like the one in the castle of Loarre.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Al-Mansur gave us permission to use his French props, so for France, it's better to use those. There is a special brick architecture for the Netherlands and Poland, but that will come later.

As for castles, current props are OK with Iberian and Italian castles. It's the towns that present a problem. But still, we would need a big chapel like the one in the castle of Loarre.

Great! Cruger, could you put them into the next patch?

Yes, for castles they are OK.

looking indeed really great!!!

just a question of intrest. how long do you ca. need for a smaller castle?

however, it will be most welcomed to have more variety in scenes :smile:

Those look nice.  Though I must ask is there an actual castle with a windmill INSIDE the walls?  That doesn't seem to make much sense as the walls would block the wind :neutral:

Also the mod leaders may want to check in with the custom settlements mod team.  Many of the people who contribute to them have made castles and towns that are similar to actual places and they may be willing to share the scenes.

Aliksander said:
Those look nice.  Though I must ask is there an actual castle with a windmill INSIDE the walls?  That doesn't seem to make much sense as the walls would block the wind :neutral:

Also the mod leaders may want to check in with the custom settlements mod team.  Many of the people who contribute to them have made castles and towns that are similar to actual places and they may be willing to share the scenes.

Hehe, don't worry about that. I will have to remake Carlisle completely anyway.

Nice stuff!

One of the best and cutiest castles for me is the 'Alcázar de Segovia', wich I think was second residence of 'Los Reyes Católicos'. In the other hand I can't really imagine it in warband.

Also, the malaguician 'Alcazaba', as far as I know, one of the last almohads keeps in the old hispania. This fortress looks easier to do, the bad thing is that has a pair of walls (maybe the inner one could be enough).

Aliksander said:

Are the custom settlements people still active?

Aliksander said:

By the way... walls don't quite block the wind. The faster wind from higher up hits a part of the castle and reflects. If the wind gets within the walls (and it can easily... all those turrets) then it creates some sort of a whirlwind which would move the mill quite quickly. That's why it's difficult to play tennis in a stadium when there is high wind. God knows where the ball will go if you don't hit it properly.

Darth Ellutador said:
Brubar said:
Niiice!!

I can make any castle from northern or western Europe. Iberia would be the most difficult right now because there's a mix of muslin's and christian's buildings.

I adore the Welsh one. Absolutely fantastic.

Do you use the in game editor for this, or what?

tbendis said:
Darth Ellutador said:
Brubar said:
Niiice!!

I adore the Welsh one. Absolutely fantastic.

Do you use the in game editor for this, or what?

For the Welsh castle I simply hosted a multiplayer game on Ruins and edited the terrain. Yes, I use the game editor.

I can provide a bunch of plans/schematics/layouts of some of the Bulgarian towns and fortresses, and can search for pics etc. later on (although most of them are now in ruins), though I presume that's quite unnecessary for now, considering the mod hasn't reached that far yet. But if anyone's interested, I'll see what I can do.

there might be problem with the Welsh scene,if you done it with multiplayer scene,then it might not work in singleplayer.Because of different entry points

kuauik said:
there might be problem with the Welsh scene,if you done it with multiplayer scene,then it might not work in singleplayer.Because of different entry points

We are currently having problems with the entry-points for Dolwyddelan :neutral:. I'm not making any other scenes with the multiplayer scene luckly.

Back
Top Bottom