Bannerlord Creative Competition: Scene Design Contest

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright. Thanks for repond. Need to ask one more. Can you, Taleworlds, share us a short but gold video that covers things below?:
We plan to publish some video tutorials on creating village scenes (and scening in general) in the near future. Might not include everything you wrote there but it's something we can explore afterwards too.

To be honest, I'm only waiting for a fresh patch to start a new playthrough (which will be more of a Calradia scene sight seeing tour :xf-smile:) as a major reference source. The ongoing game evolution is still a little concern, what are chances that the contest scenes may get technically outdated closer to Bannerlord's full release?

@Dejan will scene files size / optimization be considered?

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm only waiting for a fresh patch to start a new playthrough (which will be more of a Calradia scene sight seeing tour :xf-smile:) as a major reference sourse. The ongoing game evolution is still a little concern, what are chances that the contest scenes may get technically outdated closer to Bannerlord's full release?

@Dejan will scene files size / optimization be considered?
The chances of contest scenes being technically outdated upon full release are slim to none, there's nothing of the sort planned that would make them obsolete. If there are any changes, they'll be small and something that can be fixed within a scene quickly.

Optimization will be considered under Design & Gameplay. Try and follow the scene performance guide that we posted above. There are no strict rules we're enforcing for the contest but if we see a noticeable drop in performance (too many things on the scene f.e. lights, agents, lower FPS,...) we'll lower the score.

Sturgia_village_l has no terrain and khuzait_village_g crashes when opening :confused: Only empire_village_003 works fine.
reohVne.png
I can confirm it. A shame.

After latest update for bannerlord 1.53 and modding kit, my paint layer system is totally bugged. While everything is looking fine in editing mode; when testing, all texture layers are messed up. 2nd+ layers does not show at all, or if it shows it got blue weird visual artifacts instead (mostly if there are smooth-painted areas). Also tiling, alpha blending and texture color changes does not show at all for any of the textures/materials when testing in the editor.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just posting this here as well since it is kind of related;

"After latest update for bannerlord 1.53 and modding kit, my paint layer system is totally bugged. While everything is looking fine in editing mode; when testing, all texture layers are messed up. 2nd layer does not show at all, or if it shows it got blue weird visual artifacts instead (mostly if there are smooth-painted areas). Also tiling, alpha blending and texture color changes does not show at all for any of the textures/materials when testing in the editor.

There are 2 different parts showing the problems; 2nd starting from 2:45

PS. Sorry for kinda long video, i did not want to spend more time editing and rendering; so it is all raw screen capture.
PSS. Already tried checking file integrity for bannerlord and modding toolkit, already reinstalled and already completely remade the whole map and still had same result at the end.

Thanks."

I have a problem with this layer system too.

While there is no problem in edit mode, both in test mode and game, this layer system not working properly. There were also others in the forum who had this problem.

I wonder if there will be a hotfix @Dejan

There are 3 bandit camps in every village scene. The feature has been there since the start. They're usually hidden in the forest areas or at some other remote location, just have a look around :xf-wink:
This is going to sound a bit sharp, so apologies. But why would I ever bother looking around village or town scenes? There is nothing to do there. Specially now that you can do the entire mini-quest loops without ever loading a scene.

This is going to sound a bit sharp, so apologies. But why would I ever bother looking around village or town scenes? There is nothing to do there. Specially now that you can do the entire mini-quest loops without ever loading a scene.
I mean, if that's what you think then that's just fair feedback. Nonetheless, the bandit camps are there for a reason - they trigger with quests/issues so you're bound to run into them eventually if you do quests/issues.
Good day! how to get modding tools if the game was purchased on the Epic Game ?!
That's not possible at the moment, you need to own the game on Steam in order to access the modding tools.

Back
Top Bottom