Theme: Singleplayer Village Scenes
Theme: Singleplayer Village Scenes
Module: Native with no modifications
Submission End Date: 26th February 2021, 23:59 UTC+3
- You may only submit your work during the submission time period specified above.
- You may only submit your own work, no derivatives of another asset or asset theft is allowed.
- The scenes will be evaluated using the stable e1.5.7 version of the main game & Modding Kit.
- You may submit up to three works to the contest but only your best-rated submission will be taken into account when distributing rewards.
- No obscene or illegal content is allowed.
- By submitting your work to the contest, you agree that it will be shared with the community at the end of the contest, to be used in various M&B II: Bannerlord modifications, according to the license provided here. None of the submissions will be integrated into the base game.
- Contest judges, employees and contractors of TaleWorlds Entertainment are automatically disqualified.
- Taleworlds Entertainment is not obliged to award all the prizes if there is a lack of submissions or submissions are not of acceptable quality.
- Winners must be able to supply us with their full name, email, home address within two weeks of finishing the contest, to be eligible to receive their prize.
- Your submission should not be based on some third-party IP.
- By submitting an entry you agree to comply with all the contest rules and all decisions of the contest judges.
- TaleWorlds Entertainment reserves the right to change the above rules at any time.
How do I access the Bannerlord Modding Kit?
- Currently, you can access the modding kit via Steam only. You can download the “Mount & Blade Bannerlord Modding Tools” from the Tools section of Steam. Note that the tools use some of the files downloaded within the game itself. As such, the tools and game should be at the same main version (not beta) and installed on the same hard drive.
- You can choose the Singleplayer option from the launcher and once you are in the Initial Menu, you can either press the Editor button or press the Ctrl + E key combination to start up the editor.
- Yes! Check out our official modding documentation.
- Check the “What makes a village scene checkpoint list” that was prepared by us specifically for this contest.
- We’ve added 3 village scenes (empire_village_003, battania_village_k, sturgia_village_l) to our Modding Kit. Feel free to check them via the scene editor as examples of good practice!
- No, use the native version of the game when creating your scene.
The submissions will be rated based on their performance in the following categories: Visuals, Design & Gameplay, Innovation. Once the submission end date is reached and the submissions are closed, the community team of handpicked experts will first check the submissions. The scenes will then be judged by a team of level designers and other developers at TaleWorlds Entertainment to determine the winners based on the following criteria:
- Visuals - How well the different scene features fit into each other, the composition of scene props, quality of ground texture and painting work, terrain realism, details and touches in different seasons.
- Design & Gameplay - How well the scene plays out while in a singleplayer raid and while visiting the village (includes evaluation of the performance, navmesh, entry points, walking distances,...).
- Innovation - The use of new and fresh concepts while designing the look, gameplay, and setting of the scene.
1st Place - BANNERLORD CUSTOM PC by Intel®
- 2x 8 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
- 1x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
- 1x Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU
- 1x Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 1x Custom Case Vinyl Logo
- 1x Fractal Design Define C Case - Black
- 1x Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X Motherboard
- 1x Intel® Core i7-10700K CPU 8 Cores / 16 Threads 3.8 - 5.1GHz
- 1x Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM CPU Cooler
- 1x 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
- 1x 24" Asus VG248QE Full HD Gaming Monitor
- 1x TT E-Sports Challenger RGB Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
- Core i9 processor
- RTX 2060 graphics
- 516GB Storage
- 16GB RAM
Submitting Your Entry
It's important you follow this procedure to the letter. RAR/ZIP the scene files with the following name: “YourForumUsername_YourSceneName” and upload the RAR/ZIP to contest-upload.taleworlds.com. There are 2 folders located under the below paths with your scene name:
Forum username: Scene name: Screenshots [OPTIONAL]:
Good luck to all participants, feel free to discuss the contest below, share work-in-progress images and of course, submit your entries!