OSP Dark Ages World Map Scandinavian Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Vomar said:
im sad :sad: No Iceland? :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Since when is Iceland a part of Scandanvia? Besides it would be highly unreal to bring Iceland with it's positioning so close to Scandanavia with the current scale off (once again) Scandanavia..

To get the map up and running, all you have to do is to put the Parties.txt and Map.txt in your mod folder.
Remember to always backup you files and that a new game is required since the parties.txt is modified.
The Module_Parties.py is for folks that consider to use it in their mod or want do make more heavy changes.

The reason as to why I won't include Iceland (even if I want to) is that there will be no way to get there.
Also, Iceland lies so far off that it wouldn't fit the proportions of the map.

If, let's say, Warband will include sea travel, I'll add it to the map.
Then the proportions will be a bit off, but I don't think that it matters so much since it will only be "slightly" off.

I putted those Map and parties txt:s in modules file, but it didnt change. Should i make folder to them, or what i have to do? Should i see something in mods when i start came or how does it open?

All you should have to do is to replace the map.txt and parties.txt with my files with the same name.

So don't just place them in the modules file.
It should be located in the MOD file.

Lets say you want native to be in Scandinavia.
Then you copy the map called native an paste it in the modules folder.
Rename the folder to your liking.
Then you take my txt. files (map.txt and parties.txt) and replace them in the new folder.

Hope this helps.

Twisted said:
Vomar said:
im sad :sad: No Iceland? :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Since when is Iceland a part of Scandanvia? Besides it would be highly unreal to bring Iceland with it's positioning so close to Scandanavia with the current scale off (once again) Scandanavia..

Hmm i dont knovv since vvhen but it is.. Idiot.

I've got a problem with the camera. It won't follow into the southwestern part of Norway. I'm able to move around there just fine, but camera seems like it's stuck.

Hoooody said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
Scandinavia includes Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

"While some authorities argue for the inclusion of Finland and Iceland, in Scandinavia the term is used unambiguously to refer only to Denmark, Norway and Sweden"

:wink:

hmm,vvell i'm still proud that Iceland is the only Scandinavian speaking country along with Faeroe Islands.Not fusing our language to make it sound like a dude with a potato stuck in its throat  :roll: You should be ashamed..

Vomar said:
Hoooody said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
Scandinavia includes Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

"While some authorities argue for the inclusion of Finland and Iceland, in Scandinavia the term is used unambiguously to refer only to Denmark, Norway and Sweden"

:wink:

hmm,vvell i'm still proud that Iceland is the only Scandinavian speaking country along with Faeroe Islands.Not fusing our language to make it sound like a dude with a potato stuck in its throat  :roll: You should be ashamed..

What? Should I be ashamed?

What are you talking about? I DO speak Scandinavian? I'm Norwegian...
I can't speak Scandinavian here in a English topic if that's what you meant!

Yes, I'm sure Iceland isn't a part of Scandinavia! Maybe in the future, but not now.
They have decided that Iceland isn't a part of Scandinavia so yes, I'm sure!

(Norwegian)

Selvfølgelig snakker jeg ikke gammel-norsk! Det er ikke alt for mange nordmenn som snakker det!
Unnskyld for at jeg ikke har lært meg gammel-norsk enda.

Back
Top Bottom