Say cheese: reenactment style

Users who are viewing this thread

James

Grandmaster Knight
The title should make it clear what this topic is about. In a recent thread, people were mentioning how they have armour, but my pleas for pics were fraught with failure. So, I wish you to post pictures of your stuff, be it armour, weapons, costumes, or any other reenactment piece. However, there is a twist: the pictures don't have to be only of you, and actually, I encourage you to post pics of stuff as well. Also, the pictures should be of stuff you made, unless it is you in your kit showing it off. I don't want pictures of stuff you bought, unless it's a picture showing off you in your persona.

Anyway, to start it off, here are some of my pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of me in my costumes, but I do have pictures of stuff:

My Viking Helm
P6240006.JPG

My Coat of Plates
CoP1.jpg

I made the dagger sheath, and embellished the sword sheath.
swordanddagger.jpg

And more pics can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scholarmage/Portfolio

So, show us your stuff.

James said:
The title should make it clear what this topic is about. In a recent thread, people were mentioning how they have armour, but my pleas for pics were fraught with failure. So, I wish you to post pictures of your stuff, be it armour, weapons, costumes, or any other reenactment piece. However, there is a twist: the pictures don't have to be only of you, and actually, I encourage you to post pics of stuff as well. Also, the pictures should be of stuff you made, unless it is you in your kit showing it off. I don't want pictures of stuff you bought, unless it's a picture showing off you in your persona.

Anyway, to start it off, here are some of my pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of me in my costumes, but I do have pictures of stuff:

My Viking Helm

My Coat of Plates

I made the dagger sheath, and embellished the sword sheath.

And more pics can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scholarmage/Portfolio

So, show us your stuff.

Nice stuff you've got there. :thumbsup:

Do you have a bascinet to wear with the coat of plates?

I like the thread topic, and some nice stuff you have made there.

One thing I'd like to see is a blog of sorts on the creation process, next time you plan on doing a little work start a thread and tell us all what you are doing. I for one would be interested in reading:smile:

Sir. Velmu said:
Spoon with me, eh?

Not only that, but it's horny!

Gyppomc1: Not a bad idea. However, which one should I blog? The biggest problem, IMO, is that I can't easily chronicle it with pictures, but at least I can write it up, and maybe try to borrow a camera.

At the moment I am in the process of making a houppelande and a doublet, and am soon going to make a pair of hosen, braies, a shirt, a cloak, a hat, etc.

I just finished making a suspension belt for my rapier, as well.

Anyway, I shall try.

Aqtai: no, I do not yet own a bascinet, but I plan to get/make one or a chapel de fer.

Nice idea here, James! I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost here for kicks.

Shield I made:

It's 22 inches across, weights 7 1/2 lbs, and can take a real beating.

It's made out of plywood as you can see, but the whole thing is covered with sheet metal and the boss is 16 gauge steel.

I know it's kinda heavy, but it feels good and I can wave it around easy enough.

Post pics latter of my two longbows and quiver and sword, and maybe some of the plate armor I'm making.

Wouldn't that be a little painful to use? Why have a metal grip? :shock:

James said:
Just to be an ass, you did see mine, right?

Bah! You haxer you!  :razz:

Did you make it yourself?

(You will start drooling when you see my bow, though)

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Wouldn't that be a little painful to use? Why have a metal grip? :shock:
Not really. Granted it doesn't look very aesthetic, but it gets to job done.

Voutare said:
Wrap that grip in leather. Please.

I will if I ever get around to seriously using it. Also going to add a carrying strap.

James said:
Sir. Velmu said:
Spoon with me, eh?

Not only that, but it's horny!

Gyppomc1: Not a bad idea. However, which one should I blog? The biggest problem, IMO, is that I can't easily chronicle it with pictures, but at least I can write it up, and maybe try to borrow a camera.

At the moment I am in the process of making a houppelande and a doublet, and am soon going to make a pair of hosen, braies, a shirt, a cloak, a hat, etc.

I just finished making a suspension belt for my rapier, as well.

Anyway, I shall try.

Aqtai: no, I do not yet own a bascinet, but I plan to get/make one or a chapel de fer.

Heh, whatever you have the time to do!

Llew: Of course I made it. From scratch. Even the boss.

Did you make your bow, or buy it? And I will only drool if it is a longbow. I disapprove of recurves. (Mongolian bows are okay.)

Llew: I was basically saying what Voutare said. It seems like wrapping it in leather/attaching leather straps would function better. It doesn't matter if you are never going to use it, of course.

Edit: Sorry, I was typing fast and my spacebar is bad.

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Llew: I was basically saying what Voutare said. It seemslike wrapping it in leather/attaching leather straps would functino better. It doens't matter if you are never going to use it, of course.

I know, but I'm lazy.  :razz:

Bump!

And also, I plan next to make a segmented four-piece Norman helm, and think I will chronicle it with pictures. Just so you know. It won't be polished, but I think it'll be sweet.

Back
Top Bottom