Saving Your Family In Less Than 40 In-Game Days

Users who are viewing this thread

I've never noticed that my own glaive would crush through shields, but maybe that's because it doesn't work on horseback?
It might not work on horseback, or it might be only the over head attack. I mean AFAIK it's only the overhead on foot that CTB.

^this is the one and only situation it comes for me, which is useless other then just exploring weird things you can do to the AI. I mean I got a little athletics but not enough for the time of grinding all those guys.

The first things you need are combat skills and shiny coins. The Practice Arena has been a staple of the Mount and Blade franchise for some time, offering a sort of “floor” from which any player can pick themselves up. Simply put, you go in and beat up some folks and get money for it – especially so if you survive until the end of the match (250 Denars as of Patch e1.5.4). You also get exp for skills used (weapons & athletics) but it's only a trickle compared to real fights - so you're not going to train a skill here past 100 unless you're very patient. Possible? Absolutely. Boring? Absolutely.
I want to say, if you're interested in power leveling combat skills in a new game you can use friendly fire against an allied party to easily raise up bow(or other ranged), riding and at a slower rate athletics. Just attack looters near any party and they will attack too, then at battle end when they just cheering, shoot everyone in the face, save archers for when you need refills, dismount to get athletics instead of riding. It's pretty boring and totally an exploit (that needs to be patched) but for the last 8 months this is a fast way to power level these skills. I will say also, gaining melee combat skills it not important at all in anyway. You starter char with zero skill is perfectly competent with all melee weapons. Bow on the other hand.... getting up to 150+ fast is certainly useful.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think minor factions will jump in on looters (maybe another bugy thing) but any normal faction lords will.

It's the fight at the end that's killer. Sometimes you'll face a boss and eight or nine steppe bandits with good armor, bows, and glaives, who will literally murder your entire nine-man entourage.

With Desert Bandits, your entourage might take only one or two losses total.
if you level athletics enough it's easy to kill all of them alone (any bandit camp final boss). As long as I can move fast enough to fight grps, blocking and hitting becomes a walk in the park. There's a reason why I find M&B combat to be boring, although in BL it's improved a bit. (I only get wrecked when momentum glitches on me)

Back
Top Bottom