Users who are viewing this thread

I recently started a new Sandbox campaign, and my character is basically focusing on two-handed swords.
In field battles, I fight with spear and shield, taking the two-handed sword only when the horse dies or when chasing enemies. However, things are different when I'm raiding a bandit hideout. So, I prefer to replace the spear with a bow and the shield with my arrows, bringing also my sword and some throwing axes.

The problem is that, before each battle or hideout ambush, I have to manually enter my inventory and replace each weapon I won't use with the other one. Sometimes I even forget to do so, which breaks the immersion and annoys me. Also, I have to be really careful when selling my loot in the cities so I don't sell my secondary weapons by mistake, since they're all mixed up with the loot in the inventory.

I think it would be nice if we had a kind of loadout system, in which you could save the sets of equipments your character uses in different slots so they could be chosen and loaded at the beginning of each specific scene/enemy encounter. Basically, it could be just a "choose your loadout" system.

+1 I'd like to see this feature as well. Or at least an option to have two weapon sets. If you could switch armor and weapons, you'd probably need separate sets for them, since you'd probably want to keep the same armor in most cases.

Made a quick mockup of how it could work.

equipment-Sets-Mockup.jpg

+1 I'd like to see this feature as well. Or at least an option to have two weapon sets. If you could switch armor and weapons, you'd probably need separate sets for them, since you'd probably want to keep the same armor in most cases.

Made a quick mockup of how it could work.

equipment-Sets-Mockup.jpg
Nice. Though I don't think the one with armor loadouts need to be separated from weapons, because I would like to assign a horse to a specific loadout and I don't think people would like to change the rest of the armor since we already have a vanity section.

@MRay how about a related matter, then: That there be a separate toggle on the loadout UI for "train Riding or train Athletics" when the character has a horse equipped, mattering only during movement on the Strategic Map? As constantly equipping and unequipping mounts is much of the same nuisance mentioned above for weapons, the exact same accidental sell risk, and is a key part of middle-rank (50-150) advancement of the vitally important Athletics skill.

and as always, thank you for posting. It really helps us know what can and can't be.

Sadly, internally I already brought up "multiple loadouts" from previous threads but it was rejected.
That's a shame. I had a third button at the top in mind. Where it is now, roughly, battle and leisure - It could've been field battle - siege - leisure. I'm grateful at least that there's a retreat button because I've shown up so many times in a field battle with my 70 cm axe on horseback, it's ridiculous :wink:

Sadly, internally I already brought up "multiple loadouts" from previous threads but it was rejected.
Why?
I recently started a new Sandbox campaign, and my character is basically focusing on two-handed swords.
In field battles, I fight with spear and shield, taking the two-handed sword only when the horse dies or when chasing enemies. However, things are different when I'm raiding a bandit hideout. So, I prefer to replace the spear with a bow and the shield with my arrows, bringing also my sword and some throwing axes.

The problem is that, before each battle or hideout ambush, I have to manually enter my inventory and replace each weapon I won't use with the other one. Sometimes I even forget to do so, which breaks the immersion and annoys me. Also, I have to be really careful when selling my loot in the cities so I don't sell my secondary weapons by mistake, since they're all mixed up with the loot in the inventory.

I think it would be nice if we had a kind of loadout system, in which you could save the sets of equipments your character uses in different slots so they could be chosen and loaded at the beginning of each specific scene/enemy encounter. Basically, it could be just a "choose your loadout" system.
This topic was visible in page1... you could have posted there.

Back
Top Bottom