Resolved Saving/loading takes longer and longer time every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

eee

Recruit
Summary: As my game continues, saving the game takes more and more time to the point that it's unbearable. I'm about 1000 days in on my save (in-game days), for the first 600 days or so saving the game didn't take long at all, no problem. I noticed it started to take longer a few (real life) days ago, didn't think much of it, but by now saving the game takes so long it just makes me want to alt-f4 every time I have to sit there and wait. I'm talking 45 seconds - 1 minute or longer to save my game. Also, after battles, just loading the campaign map takes a bit longer than before. But saving the game is the real problem.

Someone else on Reddit posted about this exact same problem, they claimed they had 0 mods in their save, while I have only a few cosmetic mods.... This is happening to me on patch 1.7.0. This has never happened before on previous saves I've played.
How to Reproduce:Have a singleplayer game that lasts long, past 400 or so in-game days.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:Nvidia geforce 1660 Ti
GPU Driver Version:30.0.14.9729
CPU:Intel core i5-9600KF CPU 3.70GHz (6 CPUs) ~ 3.7GHz
RAM:16gb RAM
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

Just did a quick test. I loaded a save from earlier in my game, at about 300 days in, and saving the game took only a few seconds. I also loaded a save from about 600 days in, saving the game took only a few seconds. Beyond that though, in my current spot in my game, close to 1000 days, it takes 40 seconds or longer. Completely unbearable! Nothing is different between the two saves except for how much further along I am, they both have the exact same mods. This game has a save bloat/memory leak problem that makes it completely unplayable after a certain amount of time. Can't finish my game now. Taleworlds, at least a response would be nice so I know you're aware of this problem.

No responses? Just did a quick test. I loaded a save from earlier in my game, at about 300 days in, and saving the game took only a few seconds. In my current spot in my game, close to 1000 days, it takes 40 seconds or longer. Completely unbearable! Nothing is different between the two saves except for how much further along I am, they both have the exact same mods. This game has a save bloat/memory leak problem that makes it completely unplayable after a certain amount of time. Can't finish my game now. Taleworlds, at least a response would be nice so I know you're aware of this problem.

Um check which day it is? I dont know about in your timezone or where you are - But most of Europe give their employees free or early days on this day..
Not to mention that there is a ton of post to go through for them.

That said, you use mods, have you tried without useing them, alot of times mods will bloat your savefiles to crazy sizes.(in other games, I dont use mods yet in this game, but say in Skyrim or Fallout the vanilla savefile is tiny, vs the modded version to put it mildly)(4k vs 15k in Fallout that I just looked at now quickly(granted I notice it much).

So compare the size of a clean savefile vs your modded version.
In my case my starting save is about 9k and now at about 1000 days in(bit shorter) its 9,6k so marginal difference.

While some may suffer from memoryleaks etc, overall its fairly good and much more likely that your mods is the cause of it in this case.
They have been very good at adressing memoryleaks before, and if you are experienceing it on a clean save I'd be sure to provide them with a savefile so they can examine it.

Um check which day it is? I dont know about in your timezone or where you are - But most of Europe give their employees free or early days on this day..
Not to mention that there is a ton of post to go through for them.

That said, you use mods, have you tried without useing them, alot of times mods will bloat your savefiles to crazy sizes.(in other games, I dont use mods yet in this game, but say in Skyrim or Fallout the vanilla savefile is tiny, vs the modded version to put it mildly)(4k vs 15k in Fallout that I just looked at now quickly(granted I notice it much).

So compare the size of a clean savefile vs your modded version.
In my case my starting save is about 9k and now at about 1000 days in(bit shorter) its 9,6k so marginal difference.

While some may suffer from memoryleaks etc, overall its fairly good and much more likely that your mods is the cause of it in this case.
They have been very good at adressing memoryleaks before, and if you are experienceing it on a clean save I'd be sure to provide them with a savefile so they can examine it.
Um, check the thread list? TW responded to several threads made after mine. I just hope they're at least aware of this problem, I'm not the only person who's experienced this recently, that person on Reddit I mentioned has a very similar issue on the same patch, they claimed they had 0 mods.

What patch is your 1000 day save on?

I disabled all the mods I had and loaded up my game and made a new save, the game still took forever to save. I checked the size of the save files, my save at 600 days in is only about 20.9k KB while my 1000 day save is double that, 41.8k KB. My game at 300 days is even less than that, at 10.4k KB. Where this save bloat is coming from I have no idea, like I said my mods are only cosmetic, fire arrows, torches, banners on some units etc. When I disabled the mods and made a save, that save's size decreased by about 3k KB, but made no difference in the time to save the game.

I suppose it could be because of the mods, but why would they be causing issues now and not before? My issue began right around the time they released their most recent hotfix.

**** it, you're right Zorion. It probably was caused by a mod. Sorry, was just frustrated that my 1000 day save is now ****ed up.

Um, check the thread list? TW responded to several threads made after mine. I just hope they're at least aware of this problem, I'm not the only person who's experienced this recently, that person on Reddit I mentioned has a very similar issue on the same patch, they claimed they had 0 mods.

What patch is your 1000 day save on?

I disabled all the mods I had and loaded up my game and made a new save, the game still took forever to save. I checked the size of the save files, my save at 600 days in is only about 20.9k KB while my 1000 day save is double that, 41.8k KB. My game at 300 days is even less than that, at 10.4k KB. Where this save bloat is coming from I have no idea, like I said my mods are only cosmetic, fire arrows, torches, banners on some units etc. When I disabled the mods and made a save, that save's size decreased by about 3k KB, but made no difference in the time to save the game.

I suppose it could be because of the mods, but why would they be causing issues now and not before? My issue began right around the time they released their most recent hotfix.

I'm useing same as you the 1.70 Beta.

keep in mind that typically if you disable mods, there is still "issues" tied to it after, read the things that the mod messed with in the first place to make it bloated.

As for why it bloats can be so many things that come to play.
When it comes to the issue of it being so bad after last fix, thats the reason why I'm not useing mods until after the game is released and we have a "stable" and set in stone version.
A slight change in the code that TW do can mess up mods pretty badly, and thats why alot of the mods are "stable" for older versions and not with current (live and beta).

So my take on it is that the latest hotfix most likely cause a conflict with something in your mod(s?).

From what I read on Nexus from various mods I'm tracking there atm, it seems that alot of modders "quit" or focus on just the stable(live version) and not the beta.
Some modders are more on the ball, and keep on pushing out updated mods.

I'd go check with the mod and see if its a known issue with any or more.

When I save it dont really take any noticable longer from a start save to a longer one(note I've even had several more 1000's of days to put it that way in some of the longer-generation games I've played(read the character is in the late late stages of life)

**** it, you're right Zorion. It probably was caused by a mod. Sorry, was just frustrated that my 1000 day save is now ****ed up.

I know the pain :wink:
Thats why I dont use mods until the game is in retail, just too much frustrations dealing with various mods glitching up etc.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey, I had the same problem in v1.2.9.34269. The current latest version. Tried to remove all the mods, created a new sandbox game, and save a game right away(did not do any other thing). It took longer. I remember it took about 5 minutes.
If enable the mods like battle size v1.2.3.0, EquipBestItem v1.16.0.0, Hideout Plus v1.2.3.0, Serve As Soldier v1.2.8.0, and a mod created by me. The game took longer than 20 minutes to save a game. Could someone help me? @sule @MArdA TaleWorlds

Hey, I had the same problem in v1.2.9.34269. The current latest version. Tried to remove all the mods, created a new sandbox game, and save a game right away(did not do any other thing). It took longer. I remember it took about 5 minutes.
If enable the mods like battle size v1.2.3.0, EquipBestItem v1.16.0.0, Hideout Plus v1.2.3.0, Serve As Soldier v1.2.8.0, and a mod created by me. The game took longer than 20 minutes to save a game. Could someone help me? @sule @MArdA TaleWorlds
To all: It seemed to be resolved. I removed the mod "Serve As Soldier v1.2.8.0", and the saving costs long time problem was gone.

Back
Top Bottom