Users who are viewing this thread

Ncallstar08

Recruit
Any tips on saving lives on the way to the front door of a castle/town that? Defending archers kill tf out of my army. Also, how can I direct archers to go to a safe spot and shoot down enemy archers?

Right now it seems senseless to approach the gates. I avoid the front door completely and always take ladders/siege towers. :rolleyes:

It's sad, but even if the soldiers break down the gate, they immediately run off to the ladders, because the inner door is still closed, and I've never seen anyone else except me chopping it down. But by the time I chopped it I am all on my own, the soldiers all took off to the ladders. ?
If commanding the siege you can order them to stay, I guess, but under AI control the battering ram is redundant right now. ?

I guess there is still a lot of work to do regarding sieges. If anyone knows a way through the front door, please share your insights. I would love to take it for the sake of variety alone. ?

Right now it seems senseless to approach the gates. I avoid the front door completely and always take ladders/siege towers. :rolleyes:

It's sad, but even if the soldiers break down the gate, they immediately run off to the ladders, because the inner door is still closed, and I've never seen anyone else except me chopping it down. But by the time I chopped it I am all on my own, the soldiers all took off to the ladders. ?
If commanding the siege you can order them to stay, I guess, but under AI control the battering ram is redundant right now. ?

I guess there is still a lot of work to do regarding sieges. If anyone knows a way through the front door, please share your insights. I would love to take it for the sake of variety alone. ?
Sometimes I’ll call all soldiers to hold under archers right by the front door. Once the first door is open I tell all to go inside and infantry f6 then me and Infantry beat door once it’s down it’s a flood of enemies through front door.
Getting to the door is the hard part I wanted to minimize casualties.

Sometimes I’ll call all soldiers to hold under archers right by the front door. Once the first door is open I tell all to go inside and infantry f6 then me and Infantry beat door once it’s down it’s a flood of enemies through front door.
As soon as I'm in command of a siege for the first time I will go right to the front door and kick it in. The mass melee awaiting me sounds like a lot of fun!

not sure why but my army AI is not derping and when I use ram, my army splits to both ladder points and main gate assult and all 3 groups meet in the middle of the castle/city eventually

not sure why but my army AI is not derping and when I use ram, my army splits to both ladder points and main gate assult and all 3 groups meet in the middle of the castle/city eventually
Yeah mine does that too. Do you just let them control themselves until you or most soldiers are inside? Even tho they don’t derp I still get a lot of 100 deaths to their 1 before I get to the gate.

Yeah mine does that too. Do you just let them control themselves until you or most soldiers are inside? Even tho they don’t derp I still get a lot of 100 deaths to their 1 before I get to the gate.

But honestly, this is kind of how it should be. Taking a castle or town should't be easy and should cause a lot of casualties. In fact you should need at least 2 to 1 odds to reliably take a castle or city because it should just be that hard to win one. Unfortunately so far, the only siege that is that difficult, it taking one of Battania's main cities for the very first time because they are filled with Battania's ungodly good archers and they will work you over big time. My first siege with them had we with 1000 troops to there 600 and I had to retreat. Second time around, I had a 2 to 1 odds siege with them and it came down to me almost not winning even then. Honestly it was glorious who even with superior numbers, the siege was amazingly hard to win. The other factions....not so much. Usually I can take a city or castle with near even odds against Sturgia, Vladian, Khuzait and Imperial. I haven't sieged a Aserai city with a full Aserai garrison yet but their troops are kind of weak so I don't see them being hard either.

Build siege weapons and knock the walls down. When there's a breach in the wall it gives the defending troops a big morale penalty and makes them more likely to retreat instead of fighting to the death. Your soldiers are also smart enough to enter the breach which heavily reduces casualties from the archers on the wall (you'll still get some though).

I keep wanting to call them mangonels, but it's not that... you want to build the biggest, nastiest artillery (bottom of the list) and hold it in reserve until you have 4 of them then set them loose on the walls all at once. 4 of those will take down the wall defenses and eventually cause a breach in the walls.

Build siege weapons and knock the walls down. When there's a breach in the wall it gives the defending troops a big morale penalty and makes them more likely to retreat instead of fighting to the death. Your soldiers are also smart enough to enter the breach which heavily reduces casualties from the archers on the wall (you'll still get some though).

I keep wanting to call them mangonels, but it's not that... you want to build the biggest, nastiest artillery (bottom of the list) and hold it in reserve until you have 4 of them then set them loose on the walls all at once. 4 of those will take down the wall defenses and eventually cause a breach in the walls.
Cool do I have to adjust the artillery or just let it go and keep troops in the back until wall broken?

Hah that sounds brutal. I have 1700 men taking around 1000 southern empire city and I lose about 300. 100 of which is archers but I’m concerned with my archers never getting kills. They seem to just be standing there.

Who has time for this? If I take more than the time it takes me to build a few siege towers, I have to contend with an enemy army coming to stop me from assaulting the castle or town.

For castles i get all my troops to stand at the back and once the gate goes down charge in and kill everyone(the quickest option)
for towns i siege it till all the walls are broken to rush in through the broken walls as the enemy's are split up between two broken always it is easir however time consuming waiting for the siege weapons to be built

I actually welcome enemy armies to come attack as so i can whoop their ass and level up my troops lol , i can always coem back and siege again

For castles i get all my troops to stand at the back and once the gate goes down charge in and kill everyone(the quickest option)
for towns i siege it till all the walls are broken to rush in through the broken walls as the enemy's are split up between two broken always it is easir however time consuming waiting for the siege weapons to be built

I actually welcome enemy armies to come attack as so i can whoop their ass and level up my troops lol , i can always coem back and siege again

do you ever adjust the treb or stone ballista or just let it go and eventually wall will come down. I’ve never seen a wall break but then again I don’t wait around and I use a lot of fire siege to counter archers.

Back
Top Bottom