Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Smokehound

Recruit
Saves become corrupted after a certain date (usually Autumn 8 1175) in game.
Loading a save prior this date works fine however, saving the game after this date has elapsed will cause the save to become corrupted (crashes upon loading).

This is a game breaking issue and I've reported it weeks ago for the first time. Yet, I'm not seeing it as an acknowledged issue...
Steam game files check out fine.

How to Reproduce: Load the uploaded save "PerkTest4", enter Myzea and just wait until Autumn 8 1175 (no action required). Create a new save game and then try to load it, the game crashes. The uploaded "PerkTest5" save game was done exactly as described.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None

Hello, i could not find your save file on our system. Can you please send it again and add the link to this thread as description so i can find it?

Hello, i have forwarded the file to the QA team for further inspection. Thank you for reporting it and for your time.

After more than three months of being unable to play the game at all due to this bug, it is pretty sad to see that the bug is still present in the most recent release and beta versions :roll:

Any update on the subject?

I was getting quite desperate with the issue, since it has remained open for so long.
Because of that, I decided to try everything I could on my own, despite the very little to no chance of success.

I started disbanding my parties and caravans, selling workshops, liquidating stashes in the fiefs, all of the inventory and gear and ultimately kicking compations out of the clan.

Nothing helped, the save games still became corrupted after a couple of days had elapsed in the game.

I tested all of the more recent versions available (1.6.0 and 1.6.1 b272033) and the corruption occurred regardless of the version.
I also tried both creating a new save games with these newer versions and also auto-saves, all of them failed in the same exact manner.

Yesterday evening, while once more using the newest available build (1.6.1.272033) I ended up loading the last working save game that I had.
I opened up the clan-menu and unassigned (chose: "none") the governor of my two fiefs (Diathma & Myzea). Then I opened the inventory and clicked the option that removes all of the inventory at once. After doing that, I pressed cancel the transaction (to get the inventory back) and pressed ok. After that I made a new save game. For whatever reason, the issue is now gone. Also, I noticed that the new .sav files are around half the size of the old ones? Around 297MB each previously, and 149MB each after the change.

So the issue is somehow related to either or to both, the governor(s) of the fiefs (Diathma and Myzea in this case) or some item(s) in the inventory. Whatever it is, this issue is absolutely game breaking and can cause people to loose progress that they've spent hundreds of hours on.

I've uploaded MANY save games with the issue present and today I just uploaded a save game (15/8/2021 16:22 UTC +2) which has the issue fixed.

The save games and the basically pinpointed issue(s) should be more than enough for the devs to find the actual cause behind this issue and more importantly, to fix it.

Hello, i have been informed by the devs that this issue is fixed but the fix will not apply to your earlier save files. Unfortunately, your progress with those campaigns might be gone but so is the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom