[SaveEditor] WarBender - savegame editor [released/1.0.4]

Users who are viewing this thread

int19h said:
To know where the Modules folder is, it needs to be able to locate the game install folder in the registry ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\mount&blade warband", key "install_path"). Do you have yours installed via Steam or GoG or something? Or is it just a folder that has been copied around across several Windows reinstalls?
GoG.

Can you run RegEdit and check the value of the registry key I mentioned earlier? Here it is again for convenience:
Code:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\mount&blade warband
(You can copy/paste it into the address field right below the menu bar in RegEdit)
Should look something like this:
i8VL0gF.png

It's not a bug, it's a deliberate limitation. There are ways to add to collections programmatically, if you use the underlying API directly. But some of them are tied to other data, as I've explained earlier, and I haven't yet come up with a good way to expose that in UI.

It will probably first be exposed when I finish my work on scripting, and then it'd only be available via scripting for a while.

Sorry, I know the board has been quiet for a little bit. I'm newer (150 hrs) to the game and I am enamored with it! Quick question, is there a way to use Warbender to add a particular companion back into your party? I dismissed a bunch of companions and I can find them all again via the traveller except for Rolf. I don't know how I dismissed him, I accidentally clicked too quickly and he is gone. I've gained 100+ renown since then and it's been awhile. Can I just edit him back into the party? I should add that I am using the diplomacy mod...

TJ_Stones said:
Sorry, I know the board has been quiet for a little bit. I'm newer (150 hrs) to the game and I am enamored with it! Quick question, is there a way to use Warbender to add a particular companion back into your party? I dismissed a bunch of companions and I can find them all again via the traveller except for Rolf. I don't know how I dismissed him, I accidentally clicked too quickly and he is gone. I've gained 100+ renown since then and it's been awhile. Can I just edit him back into the party? I should add that I am using the diplomacy mod...

I think I found it. Under troops, rolf, slots, occupation. It was set to retirement. If I set to inactive, he should be available at Taverns again....I believe  based on the other troops I dismissed.

There's also a slot named troop_cur_center that indicates which town they are in. The game randomly shuffles that every few days, but you can just set it to whatever you want.

If looking to eliminate companion personality clashes with other companions... I see 71-74 under slots deal with personality clash. Can I eliminate the issue by setting to -1 or is there another value I should be using?

I am getting the following error:

Loaded game cannot be round-tripped correctly by WarBender
Mismatch at 0017D663: Expected A3, but got E3
Data corruption is likely if this game is saved!

I am playing the Steam version 1.153 Native.

TJ_Stones said:
If looking to eliminate companion personality clashes with other companions... I see 71-74 under slots deal with personality clash. Can I eliminate the issue by setting to -1 or is there another value I should be using?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

1.153 is a very old version of the game, from 2012. I have never tested the app on it. It is entirely possible that its savegame format was subtly different in ways that break the app - the check that causes the error you're seeing is there to catch similar problems with future game versions.

It's possible to accommodate the format differences in different versions, but I need to figure out what they are first. If anybody knows what the difference is in this case, that would help a great deal. Given the amount of time it takes to reverse engineer data structures from the saves, it's unlikely to happen soon otherwise.

Out of curiosity, what it special about 1.153? Are there some popular mods that don't run on anything newer?

TJ_Stones said:

I'm not an expert on the module system, which is where that logic is. But it looks like the easiest way to disable it is to change troop_personalityclash_object and slot_troop_personalityclash2_object to reference somebody who is guaranteed to never be in your party.

int19h said:
1.153 is a very old version of the game, from 2012. I have never tested the app on it. It is entirely possible that its savegame format was subtly different in ways that break the app - the check that causes the error you're seeing is there to catch similar problems with future game versions.

It's possible to accommodate the format differences in different versions, but I need to figure out what they are first. If anybody knows what the difference is in this case, that would help a great deal. Given the amount of time it takes to reverse engineer data structures from the saves, it's unlikely to happen soon otherwise.

Out of curiosity, what it special about 1.153? Are there some popular mods that don't run on anything newer?

It seems that if I run the shortcut created by Floris Evolved for WSE I get 1.153 (As indicated on the main menu screen, however, the launcher splash screen shows 1.174)
\\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris_Evolved\Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0\Floris Evolved.exe")
Note: I am using the Floris shortcut, but selecting 'Native' with the launcher.

If I run the game from Steam, I get 1.174.
I am just running it from Steam now and not having issues.

Thanks for the quick reply!

It's a global variable, "player_right_to_rule". Honor is there as well.

Search only works on the stuff that shows in the tree, unfortunately, so you can't search on slot or variable names, only object names/IDs.

Is there a flag for an inactive or 'dead' Lord?
Slot 3, Troop State?
Looking to take them off the map/out of the game entirely.

Also, is there a variable that controls the escape chance of a Lord in a Prison (Castle with Prison Upgrade)?  It is 5% by default as I recall.

I wanted to thank the author for this utility. I had a game where 7 Swadian wives ended up mistakenly attributed to my faction. (maybe bacause of winning Swadian rebellion then leaving them) It wasn't exactly game-breaking, but it left little space for visiting characters in my capital, and it was sad to see the swadian castles empty...
Thanks to Warbender, I was able to fix their faction and move them back to Swadian settlements!

I wanted to put Morrigan in my party, since after the mission she disappears, so I was wondering if I could get her back in this editor

Alright i know this thread's been quiet for a few months but I tried all night to get this to recognize the module.ini , I tried both versions, steam and moddb, and for whatever reason it will not read the file properly for the AWOIAF mod. I'm trying to see if there is a way to alter the save file to allow me to recruit both the giants and direwolf since they have separate racial requirements Any help would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom