SP - General Save Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Some of us might agree that being able to save and load as many times as we want has its advantages but it also gives the player characters special powers like predicting the future and 100% convincing rate or being unbeatable in tournaments.

That possibility should not be removed from the game, as there are people who prefer to play it like that, but there should be Campaign Options when starting a new playthrough that could not be changed mid-game that turned this very different.

Options like:
  • Single-Save
    Player can only have a single manual save with only the auto-save as an alternative.

• Continuous Save
    I don't know if current technology allows for this one, but as the name implies, there would only ever be a single save that is continuously registered as you play, so even if you use alt+f4 to quit, there would be no way to avoid it saving.

• Limited Save
    Player can only save every X time goes by and only at specific places, so for exemple, you could need to wait 1 full ingame day to save and would only be allowed to save once after that time inside a town or castle.
These would provide more realism and create the option for the players to start a playthrough where they are forced to live with their mistakes and their characters are not some mutant with time-bending powers.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

On one hand, I'm almost always for more options. It's kind of like, why not? On the other, if people want more realism, why can't they just... play that way on their own?

There's plenty of people that already don't use saves like that so are we accounting for a player's lack of self-control? A player almost shouldn't be forced to do anything, especially in a broken/incomplete game. Even when a game is complete, it is almost never perfect so imagine being forced to be screwed by the game unfairly, and being forced to not be able to undo it.

But, this would be optional and if someone wanted to take that risk so be it, but in my opinion it wouldn't be worth adding to the game at all.

On one hand, I'm almost always for more options. It's kind of like, why not? On the other, if people want more realism, why can't they just... play that way on their own?

There's plenty of people that already don't use saves like that so are we accounting for a player's lack of self-control? A player almost shouldn't be forced to do anything, especially in a broken/incomplete game. Even when a game is complete, it is almost never perfect so imagine being forced to be screwed by the game unfairly, and being forced to not be able to undo it.

But, this would be optional and if someone wanted to take that risk so be it, but in my opinion it wouldn't be worth adding to the game at all.

Its similar to how there was the "Hardcore mode" for Warband.
It is entirely possible that a player would do it exactly like that, in which if they die, they delete the save, but an automation is added to remove the option of going back on your own word and for quality of life to remove the need of doing those things manually, in the case of the save options I mentioned.

Except for the "Continuous Save", the other two can be done manually and a player's self control can indeed be a major aspect to it, but the person will still always have the option of not doing it like that, which you could consider "temptation" and by automating it, it gets added quality of life and immersion, specially to continuous save option.

Continuous save probably wouldn't work, because it lags the pc a bit whenever you save. Could have an option to save every day, or once a week or something though, kinda like in paradox games ironman mode, and then you have autosave before/after battles etc. So that way they could probably implement it.

Back
Top Bottom