Resolved Cloth Editor Save Mesh Settings in Cloth Editor Crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

I am testing a simple cloth I made, it consists of a cylinder, and two planes. I've adjusted the values of the planes vertices to 100% alpha, and near the base 10, 20, etc... I've tried 1, 2, 3, etc... I see no changes in the editor. Not a single breeze in the wind.

When I enable "use cloth" and select save mesh settings. It crashes.

I've tried remaking it in 3dsmax, as well as blender. I've tried exporting as different versions of FBX for each year from 2019 to 2016. I've tried making the cloth less complex, as in 4 polys, still nothing.

human_skeleton_unused set to hidden
unknown.png

Length to test the limits and dial in settings of the cloth
unknown.png

To show the alpha on the vertices.
unknown.png

I cannot figure out what this issue is there is very little documentation on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am testing a simple cloth I made, it consists of a cylinder, and two planes. I've adjusted the values of the planes vertices to 100% alpha, and near the base 10, 20, etc... I've tried 1, 2, 3, etc... I see no changes in the editor. Not a single breeze in the wind.

When I enable "use cloth" and select save mesh settings. It crashes.

I've tried remaking it in 3dsmax, as well as blender. I've tried exporting as different versions of FBX for each year from 2019 to 2016. I've tried making the cloth less complex, as in 4 polys, still nothing.

human_skeleton_unused set to hidden
unknown.png

Length to test the limits and dial in settings of the cloth
unknown.png

To show the alpha on the vertices.
unknown.png

I cannot figure out what this issue is there is very little documentation on it.
Take a look at the Cloth Physics section of @John_M 's WIP documentation https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1aHBsO3mzkT0JsbCt9aCOh6CWAFATXwKtSaVb__TYIoo/mobilebasic

NPC99, thanks for this AWESOME resource!

John_M, it is nothing special, just ripped off a cylinder and added a plane to it, and just combined it. But if you can find out what the issue is that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you still experiencing this issue?
Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

Are you still experiencing this issue?
Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

Thanks for the reply! I'll do it right now.

Imgur isn't working right now so here's another drive link

Back
Top Bottom