Save Game Editor / Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok so I am pretty new to this program and I am trying to figure something out. King Harlus won't just ****ing leave and let Swadia be defeated for some reason. Any suggestions for what I need to change to change Swadia to a defeated faction?

I am playing VC and I want to change lords religion. I found his party in the editor, but can't find the variable for religion. Anybody knows?

kalarhan said:
BoomBap said:
I am playing VC

download DLC modsys and check module_constants.py

religion is a troop slot (not party)
Code:
slot_troop_religion	= 16

Thanks! I found the line in module_constants.py, but I really don't understand what to do there...

I also found the lord in the save-game editor under "troops" and under "#slots" I see many things like: "slot_troop_occupation" "slot_troop_state" and many more, but I can't find one with religion. Yeah, I'm a total noob. I really don't understand what would I even do with the .py file.... This save game editor I seem to understand how it works, but I can't find where to change religion of a lord...

BoomBap said:
but I can't find one with religion

tool was not created for VC, so it has no way to use proper names for slots. Instead you need to use the module_constants.py and find the ID (slot #) yourself. Ignore what the tool says.

kalarhan said:
BoomBap said:
but I can't find one with religion

tool was not created for VC, so it has no way to use proper names for slots. Instead you need to use the module_constants.py and find the ID (slot #) yourself. Ignore what the tool says.

Yeah, figured... This task is becoming more complicated then I expected :razz: So if I understand correctly, the slot_troop_religion is one of the unnamed values under #slot in the tool. And I have to go through module_constants.py and figure out which one it is?

Thanks for helping! :wink:

EDIT: YES! It worked!! Thank you so much! Now I understand what you meant by "ignore what the tool says"! Thanks again! :smile:

I need help. How can I use the savegame editor to remove a city from a vassal. I gave it to him by mistake. And he does not want to exchange fiefs.

I am not sure where to post this so I will try here: Recently, I tried to install the Men at Arms 2.0 mod, but I ran into some difficulty.

I never really got the mod properly installed, but it did break my savegame. I am wondering if anyone can help me "fix" the savegame with this editor. I am 98% certain I followed the installation instructions correctly. However, before I go into the gory details. I want find out if this is even the correct thread to get help or if anyone is willing to help.

Hello. I need to change Ymira skils from [2] Iron Skin to 0 and Surgery from [3] to [5]
Downloaded and used this program, but cant understand how i can reduce skill.

lanc3k said:
Hello. I need to change Ymira skils from [2] Iron Skin to 0 and Surgery from [3] to [5]

this program is used to edit a current savegame (game already started). If you want to change skills permanently, like for a mod, you can edit the game source (modsys) or .txt files (using Notepad or Morgh's editor).

so the question is: which one?

for the save editor: find the troop section, open it, locate the ID of this NPC, open it, find the section on skills, open it, find the skill you want, change the value, save, reload in the game.

second question: which module are you playing? Is it old Warband Native vanilla? Or some mod?

kalarhan said:
lanc3k said:

this program is used to edit a current savegame (game already started). If you want to change skills permanently, like for a mod, you can edit the game source (modsys) or .txt files (using Notepad or Morgh's editor).

so the question is: which one?

for the save editor: find the troop section, open it, locate the ID of this NPC, open it, find the section on skills, open it, find the skill you want, change the value, save, reload in the game.

second question: which module are you playing? Is it old Warband Native vanilla? Or some mod?
thx for the full answer
1) i need to change savegame, cause pearmanently starting skill for Ymira is 0 (i increased it to 2)
2) mount and blade warband 1.173 diplomacy 4.3
the question is that i can't find exact skill :sad: like iron skin or etc.
i tried to find it like 10 times. i think that i need #skills.
but there are only six strings in it
fa652cb21fb3.png

lanc3k said:
1) i need to change savegame, cause pearmanently starting skill for Ymira is 0 (i increased it to 2)

not sure if you understood this. Each troop (like a companion) has a starting collection of stats (STR, AGI, skills like training, proficiency for weapons and XP for the level). That can be changed at will, and once it is done, it will apply to any new game after it. You can use modsys or .txt edit to modify the troop stats.

Diplomacy 4.3 may have a option to export companions. Did you check for it? Similar how you can export the player character and edit it, then re-import.

You can get modsys (game code) for Diplomacy to check things, and even alter it (like adding the option to export companions). You can also use it to change the troop data, create a new game, and see the numbers applied to it. You can then copy those numbers and use them on your old savegame.

Skills require a little of math to translate them as you saw. I think the easiest way is to copy from another savegame or NPC, instead of trying to explain how to do it manually.

Cheers

Is it possible to use the savegame editor to take over the throne of an existing faction? I am well aware you could do this in game by rebelling and renaming your faction after eliminating the original faction, but that takes a massive amount of time, not the most elegant way to do it for the RP purposes (the "original" faction you defeated still shows up in the notes).

I was hoping to find something like faction leader slot under the faction group with this tool at no avail. In the mod I am playing (AD 1257), faction leader entries in troops.txt have troop IDs that go like "trp_kingdom_x_lord" and of course their own troop IDs to go with. Would have been super helpful if this tool had some sort of global search function!

Thanks!

konakona said:
Is it possible to use the savegame editor to take over the throne of an existing faction?

short answer is no. Longer answer is look at "script_activate_player_faction" and try to execute all those steps manually (via editor) if you want to (some wont be possible like notes).

best way is to use code or just cheats (you can conquer a faction in a couple minutes with cheats, then disable them and play normally).

Good thing I found this. I was having an annoying issue and am happy to have fixed it (thanks to this savegame editor), without having to start all over.
My now fixed issue was that, one time early on I decided to help out some bandits against a Lord I didn't like. From then on, forever after, all bandits of all party sizes would follow me. Absolute PITA it was.
I did try another savegame editor but it didn't work for me at all. This one, not a problem. After reading many of the posts here I figured out what to do, learnt some new things and my game is back to normal.

So, thanks for this, it was really helpful :smile:

Hey, question!
Would there be a way with this editor to make it so it makes 2 weeks time pass by? like maybe inputting a "future" date?

Context: I'm playing Warband + Diplomacy Mod, and I'm trying to marry Arwa the Pearled One. So far it's been tough but everything has been pretty doable. However now she's asking me to be a Marshal for 2 weeks (and maintain low controversy -.-), and I absolutely hate being a Marshal, I'd rather follow than try to lead the AI that does whatever it wants, and I can't even command them to siege something.

Anyway, I'd just like to know if there's maybe a way to edit my save file and just make those 2 weeks go by x_x

Thanks in advance!

Hey, trying to get this working for the Teutonic Wars mod.

v3.0 just came out and I am trying to get the files from v2.0, but the editor program keeps crashing when I select the save. \

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom