Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

Connor123

Recruit
Summary: Every single play through I start after a several hours all files under that name corrupt.

It usually happens during an NPC interaction at random, my game bluescreens when I re load the game all the saves corrupted. All aspects of the game run smooth and fine, there’s no obvious cause. But after the 5th time this has happened since release it’s clearly something that needs too be resolved ASAP
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Temp work around for myself that works has been to make 2 manual "save as" files every once in awhile. 1 wont get overwritten the next time you quicksave so it dont get corrupted. Over time just delete old ones to not clutter everything. Or when you log out. Make a new manual save or 2. Then delete the current autosaves. The next time the game autosaves they will be new fresh saves. So should be safe. Least till they fix things.

Summary: Every single play through I start after a several hours all files under that name corrupt.

It usually happens during an NPC interaction at random, my game bluescreens when I re load the game all the saves corrupted. All aspects of the game run smooth and fine, there’s no obvious cause. But after the 5th time this has happened since release it’s clearly something that needs too be resolved ASAP
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Is your UI on the World Map also offset?
Do your dialogues start and you can see the world map still around the dialogue window?
Im sure on pc it goes full screen the world map completely seem to bug out when you go into dialogue in the background.

UPDATE -

The issue is auto saving. Me and my buddy have the same issue, we turned off auto save and no saves corrupted when crashing during the same scenarios. Don’t get me wrong the game still crashes when talking too NPC’s every so often but can load back up from the save. But I believe that the game is trying too auto save during the interaction so when it crashes it was trying too save resulting in corrupting the file.

UPDATE - Since patch, issue seems worse? Crashing still as often, maybe more frequently after battles in quick succession. Corrupted saves are still happening, but now without the game crashing my manual saves are corrupting right as I save them. So now auto saves corrupt every crash, manual saves you need 3-4 constantly and are still at risk they’ll corrupt.

Odd. Been playing farrr to much lately myself like 12hrs straight last night. I avoid using the "save" button it overwrites the last manual save and make new "save as" manual saves occasionally and haven't had any corrupted saves since doin my workaround in general. Though i still do crash more then one would like...

Be sure to hop into your console saved data and delete corrupted saves. Did feel like before they seem to spread. Heh

Last edited:
Strano. Ultimamente ho suonato a farrr con me stesso per 12 ore di fila ieri sera. Evito di usare il pulsante "salva", sovrascrive l'ultimo salvataggio manuale e occasionalmente faccio nuovi salvataggi manuali "salva con nome" e non ho avuto salvataggi danneggiati da quando ho eseguito la mia soluzione alternativa in generale. Anche se faccio ancora crash più di quanto uno vorrebbe...

Assicurati di accedere ai dati salvati della tua console ed eliminare i salvataggi danneggiati. Sembrava prima che sembrassero diffondersi. Ehi
Non mi pare giusto che devo fare tutto questo lavoro in un gioco che dovrebbe essere testato prima di metterlo in vendita. Allora per il lavoro e il tempo che ci impiego per riavviare l'applicazione rifare quello che ho perso dovrebbe essere pagato. Il mio gioco si era evoluto bene tra città castelli e vassalli, poi ho dovuto mollare perché il gioco si rompe troppe volte, non posso fare come salti perché crash, non posso attaccare perché ogni volta escono i dialoghi e crash. Praticamente ora come ora non puoi fare nulla perché crash.

I haven't had any more corrupted saves since the update but i do continue to be careful with how i save and make new manual "save as" files from time to time. I never use the normal "save" option either. Be sure to goto your saved data in the console and delete the corrupted saves if you have any.

Crashes do still happen though. More then anyone would like. Lil annoying but most time ever really lost is 30min worth for me at worse. Usually though just 1 battle time or something though. Sucks but I'm still very much enjoying the game. Worth it and the wait and i know it will get better and more stable soon.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom