• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Resolved Save files are missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.3
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Bauju

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Summary:
Hello there
All my save files disappeared :sad:
Maybe its a bug with Steam Play? Because I'm playing it under Linux with Proton and it didn't start the last few days. Yesterday it worked again after I changed the Proton version but the save games where missing. So lots of work just disappeared.
I'm not very hopeful about this because I already searched on my PC, looked for this problem in the internet and there are no save games saved on the steam cloud which I have activated, so I think the cloud already synced the empty save game folder, but is there a possible solution for this anyways?

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
As far as I am aware we don't have any control over how Steam Cloud works. Got a confirmation from the dev team that we don't have any control over this. This process takes place after the game closes.

Last edited:

Bauju

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I found my save files :grin:.
I don't know what happened and it's possible that this is a problem on Linux with proton but I will try to describe it if anybody has the same problem

go to .steam/steamapps/compatdata/261550/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser

The save files are normaly in My Documents/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord/Game Saves
but I found them under My Documents BACKUP/Mount and Blade ...

So you can just move them from the backup directory to the normal directory.

I diddn't created this backup directory but I found my save files so I'm happy :grin:

Top Bottom