Open Save file won't open

Users who are viewing this thread

Cezz

Recruit
I played for the fist time on this computer yesterday until day 70 without a problem, but when i try loading my save it crashes. i can load new saves and play the game. I do also have the floris mod installed.
i did try copying the files and uninstalling everything and adding the file back in but this did not work

Cheers

It's a corrupt save for some reason. For example, you could get one by closing Warband with alt+f4 while it saves or if the PC shuts down or crashes.
Compare the file size of the problem save with other similar saves - if it's significantly shorter, it's no good.
There are also other reasons to get corrupt saves. It's best if you forget about it and play with the last good save (or autosaves if they were not overwritten by your experiments with new games).
This is why it's recommended to keep your own rolling save scheme. For example, save the same game in three slots, each time using another one, so if some save gets bad, you can return to an earlier one.

It's a corrupt save for some reason. For example, you could get one by closing Warband with alt+f4 while it saves or if the PC shuts down or crashes.
Compare the file size of the problem save with other similar saves - if it's significantly shorter, it's no good.
There are also other reasons to get corrupt saves. It's best if you forget about it and play with the last good save (or autosaves if they were not overwritten by your experiments with new games).
This is why it's recommended to keep your own rolling save scheme. For example, save the same game in three slots, each time using another one, so if some save gets bad, you can return to an earlier one.
ahhh nightmare, looked at the save was only a couple KB so defo a lost cause.
Cheers for the tip about saving

Back
Top Bottom