Version number
v1.0.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Gaeg

Recruit
Summary: I believe this started occurring yesterday or the day prior. Midway through a campaign my save files suddenly doubled in file size which dramatically increased save times. This change was not gradual so I don't believe it's from the natural length of the game. Furthermore, I've tried testing with a vanilla sandbox campaign and noticed my very first save is around 5MB which seems fairly large. I then immediately repeated with another fresh campaign and it was 10MB. I did some more fiddling with verifying file integrity on Steam and fresh installing and kept seeing new vanilla campaign saves hit 10MB. There was one instance where it dropped back down to 5MB and loading/re-saving older saves also lowered the file size, but this change was not consistent.

How to Reproduce: Save a new vanilla campaign and check the save's file size. It's unclear what causes further jumps in size but I'm able to at least consistently get very large starting saves.

Media (Screenshots): I've attached my current saves and that of another user who I believe is having a similar issue. With their saves you can see the 'date modified' is only a 2 hour difference between save005 and save006 which shouldn't constitute an almost 90MB increase in size. Same goes with my saves. 'Our Journey Begins' immediately started at 5MB and then after playing the game later in the day it immediately jumped to 10MB.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 527.37
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB
Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS ATX AM4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? Especially we would like to investigate the big save file sizes. It would be great if you can send the biggest save file to us. With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"

To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? Especially we would like to investigate the big save file sizes. It would be great if you can send the biggest save file to us. With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"

To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I appreciate the quick response! I've sent in a ticket with two save files that were experiencing the issue. Hope that helps.

Hey, i have been informed that this issue is fixed. Please let me know if the size of the save files do not return to normal after saving the game on those campaigns.

Hey, i have been informed that this issue is fixed. Please let me know if the size of the save files do not return to normal after saving the game on those campaigns.
Hello, I'm sorry but can you elaborate a bit on this? Is this fixed in an upcoming patch? What is the expected 'normal' size for these save files at these stages of the game?

I have gone and redownloaded the saves I reported, immediately re-saved them, and saw no decrease in file size. Is there something else I need to do or wait on to see a change?

Hello, I'm sorry but can you elaborate a bit on this? Is this fixed in an upcoming patch? What is the expected 'normal' size for these save files at these stages of the game?

I have gone and redownloaded the saves I reported, immediately re-saved them, and saw no decrease in file size. Is there something else I need to do or wait on to see a change?
Hey, have they updated you at all on this issue yet?

Hello, problem regarding the doubling of save file sizes is fixed internally and will be published in upcoming patches. With that fix, save sizes will increase linearly :smile: Also, we have implemented a series of optimizations that reduces the save file size. For comparison, I re-saved one of the save files you sent (I think it was around 36-39 MBs) and size got reduced to 17.6 MB.

Hello, problem regarding the doubling of save file sizes is fixed internally and will be published in upcoming patches. With that fix, save sizes will increase linearly :smile: Also, we have implemented a series of optimizations that reduces the save file size. For comparison, I re-saved one of the save files you sent (I think it was around 36-39 MBs) and size got reduced to 17.6 MB.
That's great! Thanks for the update :smile:

Back
Top Bottom