Savage

Users who are viewing this thread

savage.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Battania Savage in this thread.

Very fast unit that can still run away, turn and spin-swing at people chasing. It's very hard to punish them unless you have ranged weapons. The Rhomphaia is very powerful, and thus it's not worth picking the improved armor perk over it since it will be mostly the same amount of hits the unit will receive, from both a Skirmish and Captain's perspective. The sling is really useful, at this point it's a troll weapon, I'd add a small shield, perhaps.

i agree with you too much movement speed gives you all the tools to destroy the enemy infantry. Since most of them are so slow you cant really get punished for it. Its funny how the weakest class by far still got its own hard counter.

Fun class. It is too fast though. Since every other damage class has 110 hitpoints, I would give it 105 hitpoints, because it costs only 110 gold.

For some reason, it doesn't stand up to other shock troops in a melee scuffle. I like how they are fast, makes sense since they are practically naked. They need more firepower though, I think, like a glass cannon: dies easily but delivers good punishment. This would make it a viable option and maybe help balance Battania, which now is commonly regarded as the weakest faction by far, at least in Captain's Mode.

[Captain Mode Player Only]

One of my favorite classes.

2H mace feels great, even with the recent nerfs to speed. It is outrageously slow, does outrageous damage, and is one of the more unique weapons in the game. Getting flanked by 2h mace as Heavy Infantry is just death, which it should be.
Imp Armor + Falx is a strong combination when going toe-to-toe with Menavs or or long-hafted 2h weapons. Combination of outrageous speed and short reach binds up other fighters nicely.
The Rhomp is actually my least favorite of the bunch, but other people seem to love it. It does occupy a really unique spot in terms of weapon length and speed, which is dope.

Their Speed + Armor feels great. Paper thin, but one of the fastest infantry around.

I did feel the recent troop count nerf was a bit surprising, but it doesn't seem to have hurt them too badly in melee. It is hard to say with Savs, because by the time you've engaged in a fight the outcome was already decided.

The OOOONLY quibble I have with the current Savages is their ranged options with their recent troop count nerf. They previously had the best Javelins in the game, a stack of 4 Highland javelins, and could really punish a shock troop that rushed them without support, or even get a volley off at a charging cav. There's almost no reason to take their Light Javelin, as the sling does 9 less damage and has 17 more shots, and gets better range.

Sling savages are fun, since they're fast enough to outrun almost any pursuit, but with the recent nerf to their troop count they have almost no hope of actually accomplishing any meaningful harassment with them. (40 less shots, potentially 640 less damage, overall). Rabble is still the only real slinger's option (slingRabble4Life). Not sure if there's any solution, just an observation. You could potentially give them 25 stones a piece, which would make up the deficit. Personally all I'm looking for in life is a Sling + Shield unit, but it probably doesn't make sense for them.

Since their troop count got nerfed pretty hard, can we give Savages their old javelins back?

Right now there's almost no way to justify not taking pikes.

edit: I heard recently that Captain perks are getting split off from Skirmish, so probably just disregard all this noise.

[/End Captain Mode Player Only]

Last edited:
After playing this class for a while, I wonder if the Rhomphalia should be the default weapon (Improved Armor) while the Falx becomes a perk

Perk 1
Faster Sword (Rhomphalia is replaced with Falx)
Improved Armor (Falx is replaced with Rhomphalia)

Reasoning for this is because Battania is able to get a bastard sword much earlier than every other faction and having the +9 armor on top of a 2-hander that can outperform even the so-called weapon "upgrade" seems slightly unfair, and I think out of all bastard weapons currently in the game, its usage as a one-handed weapon is definitely more viable than the Bastard Sword and Bastard Axe, I find.

Removing the +9 Armor perk from the Falx and giving it to the Rhomphalia will make the Savage want to find a shield sooner than later if he picks his lightning fast 2-hander.

worst 2 hand now,can be easily killed by one-hand sword,rhomphaia's damage is too low,hammer is too slow,plz give savage 82 movement speed or 7% maximum speed perk

worst 2 hand now,can be easily killed by one-hand sword,rhomphaia's damage is too low,hammer is too slow,plz give savage 82 movement speed or 7% maximum speed perk
Falxes still do huge chunks of damage and are lightning fast, just an FYI. Hence why i'm whondering if the Rhomphalia should be attached to Improved Armor with the Falx being a perk.

IMO, having the falx being attached to having no armor at all could be worth bringing back its status as a bastard sword, as it turn the Savage into an incredibly versatile unit if the enemy team fails to kill him early on.

short falx is very bad. Bonus armor doesnt helps either
Should have bastard variant of falx+shield on this perk
Falx is still pretty strong when you remember that the Savage is the cheapest shock troop and with the fastest two-handed weapon.

If anything, I think it's actually impossible to balance the Rhomphalia around a measly two points of armor, and I'd rather the Rhomphalia be the "Improved Armor" weapon, while the Falx is balanced around 2 points of armor. Ideally, Falx being a perk weapon would allow it to be a bastard weapon again.

Back
Top Bottom