Sandbox Or Campaign Mode

What mode do you play, sandbox or campaign?

• I only play Sandbox Mode

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • I mostly play Sandbox Mode

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I equally spend time on both

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I mostly play Campaign Mode

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I only play Campaign Mode

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

After sandbox mode came, I never ever played campaign mode and I dare to say that I don't think I will. I don't even know what kind of state campaign mod is in right now.

I really wonder what TW forum community prefer. So I created a poll to see the result. Of course, if Campaign mode is not in a good shape(quest bugs etc), this will definitely have an impact on the polls results, I aware of that, but still I want to see which one of them you prefer.

I only played sandbox since it came out but I'm still wondering if the issue with a lack of quest variety is a sandbox-specific problem. When I used to play campaign I remember there were more quests the lords would give, including spy quests and such... now I mostly only find the "give me horses" quest, so I am tempted to try campaign just to see if it's any different.

Unlike other players who have experienced deep campaigns, the few I have played have been for testing purposes. That said, my vote goes to Sandbox; ever since it became available, that's always been my choice.

It's a subjective judgement, but for me the actual story mode doesn't keep the player on their toes... I mean, it's not like reading a good novel which grabs you and makes you want to know more. Bannerlord's in my eyes are bland missions with questionably dynamism connections tied together with flimsy threads. All in all, the campaign mode is not engaging to me.

That said, I think the options we have today for sandbox playable experiencies are few and far between. A good Sanbox experience in my eyes would be:

ZDvqu.png

Bannerpage mod

Sandbox for me. I just don't like having pre-defined siblings. Being a lone adventurer like is more appealing to me. Classic Mount & Blade, you know. I don't care for the main quest. It's pretty cool I guess, but if you're playing as a non-heroic character it kinda ruins the RP. If I were to play an honorable knight guy I'd be interested, but still, siblings, so probably not.

I started playing BL around 1.5.6 and on that time only campaign mode was available.
So I tried to play it but gave up after finishing the first round (speaking to 10 lords?, can't remember).
Since then I'm playing sandbox only.
But I'm gonna to give it a try once the whole main quest is well polished and free of bugs.

A few months ago, I had no idea what Sandbox was. I looked it up and I read answers that it's just campaign with siblings and questline taken out, which if that was the only differences, it felt like to me that Sandbox was unnecessary work when they could've added toggles to the character creation menu in Campaign.

If I am wrong, someone tell me please, I'm out of touch.

Sandbox, its what Warband was and made it great. You were free to make choices and sculpt your own story and path. Campaign is just their pitiful attempt to force players down a linear droll experience no one ever wanted in the first place.

A few months ago, I had no idea what Sandbox was. I looked it up and I read answers that it's just campaign with siblings and questline taken out, which if that was the only differences, it felt like to me that Sandbox was unnecessary work when they could've added toggles to the character creation menu in Campaign.

If I am wrong, someone tell me please, I'm out of touch.
You're right, but there were even more downsides to sandbox until 1.6. In previous versions if you made a 20 yo character you missed out on one of the background choices so you start with 1 less attribute and 2 less FP and -20 related skill. That is compared to campaign character who start at 'almost' 22. It's pretty crappy as attributes are scarce and starting at 30 knock a chunk of you life span for no good reason.

The only upside might be if somebody wants to play with birth and death off and start as the 50 character with extra attributes and FP. This is garbage if death is on though, as you'll die long before you can make use of the extra stats.

1.6 fixed that, although you still miss out on a little free skill.

I mostly play campaign because your brother is really useful! You brother has 160 steward, so once you rescue him and set him a quarter master you have 85 party size as a rank 1 clan and can beat down whoever you want! Plus you can pick his perks! Plus you can get him married without having to do the obnoxious dialogue abomination ! This is even more important ironman mode (new in 1.6) since although you probably will eventually pass the dialogue 'thing' (it's not a check, it's not a quest, it's not a game, wtf is it?) it may take many attempts, but getting you bro married insures you can start making heirs to your clan and get another good clan mate, cuz who knows who you will end up having to marry since you have try everyone pretty much (I had to marry phadon, kingteg and bortu wouldn't go for it in round 2)!

Back
Top Bottom