sandbox mode - lack of siblings

Users who are viewing this thread

D0ctor121

Recruit
so it seems in sandbox mode you dont have any brothers or sisters is there any way to add them myself or do we have to hope for the devs to implement the option

Folks were clamoring for sandbox without the quests, and so TW gave them sandbox without the quests.

But siblings were part of the a quest.

No quests = no siblings, so now we'll get complaints about that.

Monkey's paw says -- Be careful what you wish for.

Everyone complains all the time about everything when it comes to Bannerlord. Some complaints are justified, some are entitled hogwash, nobody has the self-awareness to determine which are which.

Anyway, try console commands. You could also start at 20, marry, make your own kids, and still get plenty of use out of them when they've grown up. You have ten extra years of life span, that's way better than having to deal with your idiot siblings annoying you out of nowhere or being kidnapped every single game.

Folks were clamoring for sandbox without the quests, and so TW gave them sandbox without the quests.

True.

But it would also be possible to give us the option in the sandbox mode to start with a brother/sister.

Everyone complains all the time about everything when it comes to Bannerlord. Some complaints are justified, some are entitled hogwash, nobody has the self-awareness to determine which are which.

Anyway, try console commands. You could also start at 20, marry, make your own kids, and still get plenty of use out of them when they've grown up. You have ten extra years of life span, that's way better than having to deal with your idiot siblings annoying you out of nowhere or being kidnapped every single game.
well i wasn't really complaining i just wanted to know if there was anyway to manually add a sibling i tried looking for a command to create a brother/sister but i haven't found any the only one I've found are for children

You can spawn random companions, and then I think there's campaign_adopt_hero, which should let you adopt them. You do that a couple of times, then die, and continue playing as one of your adopted children. The others will be your siblings. That's all I can come up with.

Nah they did a crappy with the 'sandbox' your character even misses one of it's 'development' choices so it's worse if you start at 20 then at 21 in normal mode.

Your brother is so useful as the only npc you can choose the perks for, there's no reason to play the sandbox and miss him...and his awesome horse and his wives and more babies....

I agree they should add options to start with siblings/family and let us even have choices about what and how they're specked.

dude.... people where bashing about the dragon banner where you can skip the main quest and play as usual, now that TW gives you an "usual" warband playstyle people bash about that? sometimes this forum feels like twitter...

Nobody's complaining, unlike some Don Quixotes in search of windmills imply. It's a feature suggestion.

It'd be nice if you start 40yo you have a couple siblings, and if you start 50yo, you have a late spouse and one or two kids ('late' because if they were alive you wouldn't be able to marry in game, which kinda takes away from the fun).

dude.... people where bashing about the dragon banner where you can skip the main quest and play as usual, now that TW gives you an "usual" warband playstyle people bash about that? sometimes this forum feels like twitter...

People who are happy and satisfied are too busy playing the game to bother posting.

An option for it would be cool in later iterations, like everything else, it's a "v0.9"

I like the idea another poster have of scaling Siblings + Wives + Kids depending on your age - or you can fully opt-out altogether.

I don't quite understand the "you wanted sandbox and now you're complaining" argument. Even in sandbox, you're still head of your own clan and it feels very barebones to be the only member of it until you breed. Having family would at least be in line with all the clans in game. If you must start alone, I would prefer my character be clanless and be able to marry into a pre-existing one instead.

I don't quite understand the "you wanted sandbox and now you're complaining" argument. Even in sandbox, you're still head of your own clan and it feels very barebones to be the only member of it until you breed. Having family would at least be in line with all the clans in game. If you must start alone, I would prefer my character be clanless and be able to marry into a pre-existing one instead.

I'd love it if the game had more character interaction/enough character interaction to make playing as a member of a pre-existing clan.

Wah, wah, wah! When we said we wanted a sandbox with no quests, we didn't really mean no quests. We really meant sandbox with the nice quests.

Choices are -- (1) Sandbox with no quests . . . period.

or

(2) Storyquest with . . . quests.

Suck it up and quit whining. You all got what you asked for.

Wah, wah, wah! When we said we wanted a sandbox with no quests, we didn't really mean no quests. We really meant sandbox with the nice quests.

Choices are -- (1) Sandbox with no quests . . . period.

or

(2) Storyquest with . . . quests.

Suck it up and quit whining. You all got what you asked for.
Good thing you aren't in charge with that attitude.

I don't see what's wrong with asking for more starting options in sandbox.

There should be starting family options immediately after you choose your age with different options based on what age you choose. The older you are the more choices you should have available, so a 20 year old could have a sibling at most and a 50 year old should have the choice to start with a family (or not, should be up to the player).

Good thing you aren't in charge with that attitude.

I don't see what's wrong with asking for more starting options in sandbox.

There should be starting family options immediately after you choose your age with different options based on what age you choose. The older you are the more choices you should have available, so a 20 year old could have a sibling at most and a 50 year old should have the choice to start with a family (or not, should be up to the player).
Exactly.

i like to have the first mission like warband, saving merchant's brother or something like that would be great

You should be able to choose a sibling with different background and build and have a optional quest line or agenda from them. Like a Weasley merchant brother that always wants to make money, or a thug bother that always need to get rescued or have a trail by combat or a prison break, match maker sister who always is trying to get you married to someone or get you involved in social quests (that don't exist...).... all kinds of fun stuff. Also, it be cool if you children and spouses could have personalities and quest stuff based on them too.
LIKE A ****ING RPG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHrrrrrgggggggggg......*foaming*!

Also, and I know they won't do this, but it'd be cool if you started the game with like a pokemon rival (could be you cousin or something) who leads a new clan and starts out too like the player and npcs would make comments about them and how they progressing and eventually they would make a new faction and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom