[Sandbox MMORPG] Life is Feudal

Users who are viewing this thread

"Your Own" is more like Rust when you join servers and starting action. Mmorpg verson will be epic when all clans will start battle for land with better resources on huge continent map and 1 mega server.

Orchid said:
Both of those links had already been posted, you dimwit.
\cg_care=0 , there is other info.
Dimwit your arse, u mad as*****  :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think we understand that part. The problem is that you have tons of people across a large geographic area all connected to a single hive of servers and all attempting to play a game that wants to deliver a high-fidelity, skill-based real-time combat system. Warband has trouble syncing animations with more than 90ms of latency. How is an MMO - which will naturally have much, much more network traffic to handle - going to implement a similar combat system and overcome this obstacle?

Difference between "Your Own" and MMORPG version - http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

Orion said:
Yeah, I think we understand that part. The problem is that you have tons of people across a large geographic area all connected to a single hive of servers and all attempting to play a game that wants to deliver a high-fidelity, skill-based real-time combat system. Warband has trouble syncing animations with more than 90ms of latency. How is an MMO - which will naturally have much, much more network traffic to handle - going to implement a similar combat system and overcome this obstacle?
I think there will be some lags in big fights and we have to deal with it for some time after release because even Darkfall U.W. have them, and they was developing since 2009 and more.
I think devs are 100% aware of any combat issues. I think they need some sort of hit detection system to minimize lags or superb server nodes for each map region or something like that, imho.
Maybe your question was already answered by devs on their forum - http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/general-discussion-public-forums/ and you can ask them yourself of course.

Eh, they still haven't provided any great proof as to how they will suddenly advance netcode by leaps and bounds or figure out to solve the issues inherent to putting people from different geographic locations on one server.

They promise a whole lot and that to me is a bit worrisome.

So any thoughts on the game so far from people who have bought it? I'm considering doing so, but $40 is bit pricey.

Early access is only $40, surprised they didn't try and go for the amount they were trying to get in funding of like $200 just to play their broken ass game.

From what I am seeing and reading the game still isn't worth picking up right now and I probably won't until it is complete and or $20.

I played the game, laggy, buggy, especially with rendering. If you buy it now you get the full game later for free.

Back
Top Bottom