SP - General Sandbox Different Age Starts: Young Adult, Adult, Middle-Age, Elderly. (Clan tier -1 for Young Adult?)

Users who are viewing this thread

randy1dandy

Recruit
I think it would be great to give players options to start at different ages (for sandbox mod)
I especially think having a younger age start will be very interesting as a "gaining skills" period, and getting your character ready for adulthood.

Young Adult:
Age +17
Starts without a clan (or clan tier -1)
Can have up to 4 party members/friends
Relationships are decreased/increased at half speed.
Experience is gained at x1.5 speed.
Trash character level and skills
Starts with Alive parents (or dead, idk if current clan system allows for that)
Give them the ability to join and serve other leaders ( implement "serve as a soldier" mod )
Give them ability to join bandits and become a bandit leader by adulthood ( implement "Roguery" mod )

Adult:
Age +21
basically how the current game is

Grown Man:
Age +30
Clan Tier 2
Starts with a Castle
Medium character level and skills

Middle age:
Age +40
Starts with clan tier 3
Starts with 1 city and 1 castle
Great character level and skills
Starts with 1 Young adult son/daughter

Elderly:
Age +60
Starts with Clan tier 4
Starts with 3 Cities and 2 Castles
Starts with 2 Vassals
Starts with 2 Adult and 1 teenage sons/daughters
Superior character level and skills

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts, I will also add more to this as they come to me. Perhaps it will give others a better idea.

Last edited:
I don’t think this makes sense.

You are someone who comes from nothing going out and making a name for yourself as the base gameplay. The vast majority of the world is in your same position. Just being 60 doesn’t give you a kingdom. You have to earn that through hard fought battles, your network of contacts, and (hopefully by the end, and if not mods) Diplomacy.

You could just as easily inherit a castle as an 18 year old after your father died in battle. What you are asking for is something completely separated from age. The Age choice is just a matter of how long you have to put together a kingdom, and as a woman in particular, how much your biological clock is pounding, in exchange for a boost in skill points

I don’t think this makes sense.

You are someone who comes from nothing going out and making a name for yourself as the base gameplay. The vast majority of the world is in your same position. Just being 60 doesn’t give you a kingdom. You have to earn that through hard fought battles, your network of contacts, and (hopefully by the end, and if not mods) Diplomacy.

You could just as easily inherit a castle as an 18 year old after your father died in battle. What you are asking for is something completely separated from age. The Age choice is just a matter of how long you have to put together a kingdom, and as a woman in particular, how much your biological clock is pounding, in exchange for a boost in skill points
What's your suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom