Samurai attacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Even if somebody with those skills was interested... given that Taleworlds has yet to release anything like a public spec, let alone details / example models / animations / code-integration etc. for Bannerlord, doing this would be totally pointless.

From what (little) they've said, it's pretty clear that models will need to be rigged and animated in a totally different way than they are in Warband, and therefore making "animations" (i.e., bone setups, animation sequences, and then code to glue all this together into a working setup) is completely impossible right now.

Until Bannerlord exists and modders are (finally) given the details, tools, etc. to work on content for this, it's an extremely bad idea to work on rigged meshes for this (unreleased, undocumented) engine, frankly.

What I'd recommend, if you want to get "ahead of the game", is to build all of the static content you think you'll need (buildings, for example, weapon meshes and things like helmets that don't need rigging).  Rigged meshes are pointless to build until they (finally) release their Blender files to the public to peruse and explain (in detail) how their engine works, etc.

xenoargh said:
Even if somebody with those skills was interested... given that Taleworlds has yet to release anything like a public spec, let alone details / example models / animations / code-integration etc. for Bannerlord, doing this would be totally pointless.

From what (little) they've said, it's pretty clear that models will need to be rigged and animated in a totally different way than they are in Warband, and therefore making "animations" (i.e., bone setups, animation sequences, and then code to glue all this together into a working setup) is completely impossible right now.

Until Bannerlord exists and modders are (finally) given the details, tools, etc. to work on content for this, it's an extremely bad idea to work on rigged meshes for this (unreleased, undocumented) engine, frankly.

What I'd recommend, if you want to get "ahead of the game", is to build all of the static content you think you'll need (buildings, for example, weapon meshes and things like helmets that don't need rigging).  Rigged meshes are pointless to build until they (finally) release their Blender files to the public to peruse and explain (in detail) how their engine works, etc.
My friend just click the link first we are talking about concept not models, the modellors will indeed work static first

EmielRegis said:
He still has point. Everyone will work static becouse we dont know anything about bannerlord modding yet.
No he hasn't check the drive file
I am making the CONCEPT deciding wich attacks are possible to do

Ofcourse we will start static but thats not what im asking

builder of the gods said:
EmielRegis said:
He still has point. Everyone will work static becouse we dont know anything about bannerlord modding yet.

You wont be able to say if any attack is possible or not untill bannerlord modding tools will came out.
If you ask me it already looks overcomplicated let alone possible to implement in game in convinient  to player way. There is point at which realism starts damaging gameplay instead improving it.

EmielRegis said:
EmielRegis said:

You wont be able to say if any attack is possible or not untill bannerlord modding tools will came out.

Well they said that they will make more possible, all of this can be done with warband so

About the complicated part: why?
The 8 basic strikes are almost fully in the game already, the blocks just need a small edit and advanced attacks can easily be coded.
All the delay and time is a background trigger.

In warband it wont be hard efe did harder things with his combat system, so i believe when they tell bannerlord will be more easy i think this can become great

Maybe, but in today gaming trusting any dev logs, trailers, teasers, gameplays before actual game cames out is fastest way to disappointment. I personally would  wait with any more detailed planning until facts will emerge.

EmielRegis said:
Maybe, but in today gaming trusting any dev logs, trailers, teasers, gameplays before actual game cames out is fastest way to disappointment. I personally would  wait with any more detailed planning until facts will emerge.
You might be right but this sounds like done business
“We came up with, I believe, a great system,” says Yavuz. “What we have now will allow modders to create without stepping on each others’ shoes or disturbing the core of the game. The sky’s the limit, but I expect there will be total conversions and I’m pretty sure there will be something about Game of Thrones.”

The 8 basic strikes are almost fully in the game already, the blocks just need a small edit and advanced attacks can easily be coded.

I know its possible but notice word "convinient". If you make it without controlls become nightmare then yes, would be awesome. Doubt its possible tho.

“We came up with, I believe, a great system,” says Yavuz. “What we have now will allow modders to create without stepping on each others’ shoes or disturbing the core of the game. The sky’s the limit, but I expect there will be total conversions and I’m pretty sure there will be something about Game of Thrones.”

Sounds like usual dev mambo-jambo. We will see.

EmielRegis said:

Sounds like usual dev mambo-jambo. We will see.
I hope cause im sure i can make this and im more sure if it works like i plan it can become great

But the controls wont be the problem atleast
EmielRegis said:
8 strikes is 1 button with mouse in 4 directions
4 blocks is 1 button with mouse in 4 directions
Its like warband did it but then complicated within

I know its possible but notice word "convinient". If you make it without controlls become nightmare then yes, would be awesome. Doubt its possible tho.

Ever took a look at efes osp combat system, i was in his dev team for a short while and that whas a system with like 10 new techniques and pirouettes

EmielRegis said:
8 strikes is 1 button with mouse in 4 directions
4 blocks is 1 button with mouse in 4 directions

So you need third hand I assume? Becouse left is busy with wsad and right with mouse.

So for normal wielding
You have one sword so can't strike and block at the same time so you can walk and block, or walk and strike.
Not a problem i think.

You probably read the drive and saw the dual wielding. But dual wieldings is different, i inspired mine from what we know from famous kenjutsu warrior miyomoto musashi.
Then i use a citate from the drive:

"3: “The Niten Ichi-ryu” In the final and best technique you learn how to use your wakizashi in combination with your katana, and there is only one living man in Japan who can teach you this: Miyamoto musashi. You use your wakizashi or katana to block while striking with the other sword."

This basicly means an angry samurai tries to swing a 6 or a 2 (a vertical attack/maybe sliding up) you block it with your wakizashi, his sword is stopped and you have all room to cut with your katana.

So on the keyboard: [right mouse button, left swiping] then [left button right swiping, one hand.]

EmielRegis said:
You would better explain what actually stances changing in attacks/blocks cause numbers explains nothing.
also was on the drive
InQTL.png

and also on it:
"In the left image we can see the 8 strikes.
At the part where there color gets more heavy this means gore: 5 and 6 will get decapitated arms from shoulder (if conditions are met) while 1 and 2 will cut of the upper arms. 4 and 3 will (if conditions met) cut of the legs and 7 will cut the head open.
7 is deadly if met. 4, 3, 6, 5 will lead to getting knocked down on the ground with less change to survive. While 1 and 2 lead to better changes and even a small change of fighting while it happened."

This are the strikes they end somewhere inside of the body, good luck :grin:

EmielRegis said:
So only thing that stance changes is effect after sucessfull hit. Also defensive stance hits are basicly reproduction denial.
The stance changes your reaction time which is important for blocking/not getting blocked

STRIKES
fAHQc.png

BLOCKS
0N6p_.png

EXPLANATION
We can have multiple blocks, if the time the block requires is smaller than the time the attack requires we speak of a full block. If its equal to each other its a half block, a half block lengthens the time of your next action with 0.11. If the time difference itself is more than 0.11 you will just be hit.

Well, now we talking. So stances are just buffs/debuffs and only button they require is one to change them. It could be even scroll up/down to make in convinient.

EmielRegis said:
Well, now we talking. So stances are just buffs/debuffs and only button they require is one to change them. It could be even scroll up/down to make in convinient.
Yes the only thing you require is to change them. However they are quite important, changing them takes time so is not smart to do much.
In addition to that they are quite important to they make the difference between a succecsful block/hit or a dead/miss

Back
Top Bottom