SALT TRICK

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetrayTheWorld

Sergeant
SPOILERS BELOW THIS POST - HOPEFULLY

Does the salt trick still give a qualis gem in the warband version of PoP? I seem to recall needing one other thing, aside from salt. Can anyone remind me of what that is? I've been searching the forums, but taleworlds has the search function disabled right now.

Thanks in advance.

It still works, you don't need the spice though, just salt.

mergaite said:
I have neaver heard of the salt trick. Could tell me something about it ?

Easter egg, if you have salt in your inventory talk to any of the training masters in the training field and tell him to tell you more about Pendor. You get 20 noldor troops, a gem, some money and some renown.

strange but i only get some noldor troops and afther that all the training grounds disappear but still useful. ar there any more usful tricks like this ?

Wombat you should put that in spoiler some people still don't wanna know about it, anyhow yes it does as far as i am concerned.

AWombat said:
It still works, you don't need the spice though, just salt.

mergaite said:
I have neaver heard of the salt trick. Could tell me something about it ?

Easter egg, if you have salt in your inventory talk to any of the training masters in the training field and tell him to tell you more about Pendor. You get 20 noldor troops, a gem, some money and some renown.

Using salt only, I don't get a gem or money, only the troops. I'm just trying to figure out if you can still get the gem at all in the current WB version.

mergaite said:
strange but i only get some noldor troops and afther that all the training grounds disappear but still useful. ar there any more usful tricks like this ?

Wait... all training grounds disappear from the map?  Can someone confirm this?  I'm on autosave and don't want to make a mistake lol

Yes all training grounds are removed (at least they used to be removed, I only used it in my first 3.0 game after a rumor gave me the hint).

I would consider this cheating, but it's a good way to get a hand on some Noldor pimps. Twilight knights are so damn sexy!

AWombat said:
Oh.

You do need to have spice in your inventory to get the gem, forgot that

This is confirmed. Thank you for mentioning the other resource earlier. I tried it, and all worked as it did originally.

I tried this but I didnt get anything in return. Had the salt and the spice.
Started a new game and everything worked fine. Is there an aditional requirement to get the gem and troops? Such as being level 1 or something?

I kinda want the extra gem in my current game

Edit: should mention that the guy did take my salt, I just didnt get anything from him

I am on day 297, around level 30, no gems in my inventory, got the salt and the spice, have around 500k, and empty space for the gem. All he does is still just take the salt.

I tried getting rid of money, troops, and importing a level 1 character. Still nothing

When I start a new game it works perfectly but not in my current game

Lol the little bastard just keeps taking my salt.
No matter how much I have
Edit: I thought about that so I bought stuff and then threw it away until I had like 20k left and still nothing. Maybe its because I have my own kingdom. Did you have your own kingdom when you did it?
Edit2: Just won some nice troops gambling, so I don't need the extra gem anymore. Guess the moral of the story is to use this cheat in the beginning if you want to use it at all

I have no issues with it. 

Though as some others said, it doesn't work if you have a gem in your inventory already.  Also, must have at least 3 salt. 

Though what do you mean winning troops gambling?

If you want the spoiler about gambling then read on

Take a quest from a town guildmaster. Have a gem in your inventory. Talk to him after taking the quest and ask what if you cant finish the uest. He will propose a wager to you.

One salt, one spice.  Worked perfectly.  Those troops help defend my stolen my castle.  Muahahaha! :twisted:

So does anyone know if this even works anymore? It seems to be completely removed from the game. I used my first qualis gem and could really use another one but the one unique spawn I managed to beat got away and every other one has nearly a thousand troops in their armies. I take both salt and spice but there's not even an option to talk about Pendor. I had already beaten the whole sparring practice before, so I tried going to other training grounds but no dice.

The only threads seem to be years old. Was this removed entirely?

As far as I know: yes, it was removed.

If you are on the hunt for another qualis gem, you should ask Lords and Milita patrols for news, maybe an easy spawn appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom