Salt mine

Users who are viewing this thread

God no, I want more money, not more assholes to kill :grin:

They would totally succeed though, as I have only 60 guards working there.

EDIT: So it is normal to receive only 10sch/prisoner, right?

Idibil said:
Adorno said:
Howitzer said:
(I have 1600 prisoners in it and get 12 to 15k every time)
:shock:

Should we add some penalty to this?  :mrgreen:

Maybe, Espartacus rebelion?

that would be cool. add another challenge to the game. don't think it would hurt realism, as increasing slaves will always bring the risk of revolt in any society. perhaps the ratio of guards to prisoners should increase if over a certain amount of slaves/prisoners is reached or the potential for revolt occurs. or maybe simply set a chance for revolt regardless of the ratio but maybe the number of prisoners. i.e. not setting a hard cap on prisoners but creating a risk for high level of prisoners.

Eventually you can change allowed number of prisoners in saltmine 2x your possible number of company or something else...

why don't you make a slave rebellion where your guards fight against slaves (new unit since the prisoners are unarmed) and you can aid your guards?
however this should only happen if there are way too less guards.
just an idea.

Though I agree in principle that forcing someone, even a prisoner of war into slavery especially in harsh conditions is dishonorable.
I'm not sure if these cultures would have looked down on the practice in this time period.

As an honest question: Would enslaving prisoners and even working them to death have have lowered you in the eyes of the people of this time and place? And if so how is it more honorable to sell them as galley slaves? (I've done some reading about the lives of galley slaves from the time of Louis XIV and the conditions were absolutely horrendous. It was often a sentence to a slow painful death.) 

And the ransom broker says that getting potential ransom fodder from people like me is a rarity. Mostly he goes between the docks and salt mine, indicating the normal practice is to just sell all captives as slaves anyway.

Hey!!! I just lost moral and honor and all I did was talk to whats his face the mine merchant. (He has some really nice stuff by the way.)

VernColeman said:
And if so how is it more honorable to sell them as galley slaves? (I've done some reading about the lives of galley slaves from the time of Louis XIV and the conditions were absolutely horrendous. It was often a sentence to a slow painful death.)

Ransom Brokers normally don't make them galley slaves but take contact with those who can pay for these prisoners' freedom. Or… Am I doing some mistake ?

Yes, those that have someone who can pay for them get ransomed. But anyone else get's sent to the galleys. At least that's what this game's incarnation of Rumin the slave trader says. (He's in one of the most southern and central cities.)

Yes, I just double-checked in the game. If you ask a ransom broker about prisoners who can't pay for freedom he say he tells them about life in the galleys, whereupon many come up with a surprising amount of money. Those that still can't pay however go straight to the galleys.  And if you do business with "Aethelmaer" the slave trader I think they all go straight to the galleys. 

I never use a salt mine .
Honor hit, not so impresive income and you have to travel back and forth to store those guys there ( not to mention you have to store some guards there as well ) .
Im just sellinng all of my prisoners and setting up new Wine Presses :smile:

The proper game design balance should be found here. Each choice should have pluses and minuses so that from the gameplay perspective player would always have a hard time deciding which way to proceed.

Canaris always chooses not to go to the mines. There ought to be some circumstances when doing so would have it's own merit.

The storytelling that player conducts himself while playing the game is the most important part of every game.

Hister said:
The proper game design balance should be found here. Each choice should have pluses and minuses so that from the gameplay perspective player would always have a hard time deciding which way to proceed.

Canaris always chooses not to go to the mines. There ought to be some circumstances when doing so would have it's own merit.

The storytelling that player conducts himself while playing the game is the most important part of every game.

Maybe you want to tell an epic story of good and evil and it's endless war for the heart of our hero.
  Me, I just want to play in a relatively accurate ancient culture sandbox building empires, founding dynasties, and reliving ancient history.

у меня при сообщении "бежало несколько заключенных" прападают все сколь ко бы не было охраны. это нормально?

Back
Top Bottom