Saloon revamp ideas collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
I posted it in our dev only forum, but I thought I could put it here as well.
I'll be revamping the saloons soon. Still looking for ideas to make them interesting.

First of all, we need to decide which troops to put there. Here are my ideas so far:

Barkeeper,
troop for finding NPCs,
mercenaries,
companions,
possibly musicans (if someone made animations for them): Piano (with sitting animation), banjo/guitar, harmonica, Indian instruments (drums, whistle)
random visitors: drunkard, gambler

Please suggest more, if you have ideas.

Other saloon ideas:

People sitting on chairs:
Hokie has already done this in Star Wars mod. I could probably make a script, that you can destroy the chair and the guy who sat on it falls down and attacks you.

Drunkard special abilities:
We can make them sometimes (not often) puke (using the bleeding animation with other particles). If PC made a drunken walking animation, we could even make them toddle around.

If you have other ideas about saloons, please post. Besides, if you want to make dialogs for troops (like drunkards) feel free to. :wink:

LeeDubin-WesternSaloon.jpg

nice pic for ideas

A couple of ideas off the top of my head:
  • A shootable chandelier (Freddy Pharkas style)
  • Young hotshots that want to make a name for themselves by challenging high renown players to duels (though if the player is attached to one of the four major factions then they'd probably leave them alone).
  • An easterner who is totally out of place and can be fleeced in a card game.
  • Bounty hunter who try to surprise players who are in bad standing with the law (even if the law in question isn't local).
  • A small band of criminals who don't like seeing lawmen in "their" bar.
  • An overweight prostitute.
  • A tomb robber who sells Native "trinkets" to none Natives (this could be tied to a quest)
  • A "farmer" trying to get help for his village. In truth it's a bandit leading the player's party into an ambush.

Shatari said:
  • Young hotshots that want to make a name for themselves by challenging high renown players to duels (though if the player is attached to one of the four major factions then they'd probably leave them alone).
  • Bounty hunter who try to surprise players who are in bad standing with the law (even if the law in question isn't local).
  • A tomb robber who sells Native "trinkets" to none Natives (this could be tied to a quest)
  • A "farmer" trying to get help for his village. In truth it's a bandit leading the player's party into an ambush.

I adore all of these ideas. Good thinking, Shatari!

you gotta have a spitoon.

i like the idea of being able to challenge someone to a duel too, i find the pistol d\uel feature in this mod to be genius and i think the more opportunity to use it, the better.

maybe possible to even have a script where if you win over and over at blackjack you get an increasing random chance that the opposing player will challenge you to a duel, like you win a bunch of money off some guy and hes drunk and angry, or he thinks you're cheating, or hes just an angry sort and wants his money back.

or maybe its even possible to give you a "cheat" button, that you can use and it'd be kinda like when you try to sneak into an enemy town you have a chance of ending up with an angry gambler staring you down.

1. More people in the saloon

2. More liveliness (people drinking, musicians, etc.)

Shatari said:

All of those ideas except the "overweight prostitute" are good.

Hmm i guy with a banjo, while he is reloading the thing infinitely(to look like playing). He plays if you spare him few coins. Also a stupid song is triggered.

insomniac said:
Hmm i guy with a banjo, while he is reloading the thing infinitely(to look like playing). He plays if you spare him few coins. Also a stupid song is triggered.

Perhaps a banjo rendition of "Never Gonna Give You Up"?

(yes, I'm joking)

Prostitutes, more tables and chairs (just a bit empty atm), coat and hat stand, bar stools, darts (darts can be found at the bar)

Perhaps a similar system to the bandit ambush could be implemented for saloons whereby occasionally where you enter a saloon youll be attacked by a drunkard or two looking for a fight.

Would be neat to later on put in a card game with several gamblers your charactar should be able to play cards and get into a gunfight or a card, cheat prostitute ect I knocked out a drunk

also would be neat to become a town sheriff or marshal and get into gunfights with crooks or bankrobbers

If anyone has ideas for either single lines people would say in the saloons, or conversations between two or three people post em over here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,89677.0.html

We should have at least one woman's voice, so we can have female lines too. Theres also three of us for male voices, so you could feasibly write a small bit of chatter with four people.

there needs to be drunkard NPC's that say something like "What're you looking at" when you speak to them, and you can either say "Nothing" and walk away or say "YOU, ****face!" and then they turn hostile and attack you with their bare fists.

then, you can either knock them out in a barfight or shoot them.

Marrik said:
there needs to be drunkard NPC's that say something like "What're you looking at" when you speak to them, and you can either say "Nothing" and walk away or say "YOU, ****face!" and then they turn hostile and attack you with their bare fists.
An outstanding piece of lyric art.

Back
Top Bottom