Sally out missions

Users who are viewing this thread

FireBlazinCandy

Seeing as these forums are dead anyway, I want to see if the Devs (lol where are they) or anyone knows if these "missions" are going to just be a bandit hideout camp - but with seige engines in the background.

Would love to know, but would also don't want to know because I think I already know the answer.

Game content (BETA) go brrrrrrrrrr

Seeing as these forums are dead anyway
Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

We might be dead, but we are still skulking about, hahaha!
That said, they said (the devs) that they would eventually add these missions, but I don't think they added any timeline/zone/table (when do they ever?)
So, let me be frank: it's probably never going to come, or it's coming but it's going to create more bugs and be a s**t addition with no depth and definitely no added mechanics like siege engines destruction.

This is all we know from the "Release plans" post.

"In addition to this, you will see the introduction of more specialized combat options. For one, players are going to be able to sally out and launch a surprise attack on besiegers in order to destroy their siege engines. This will take place in the existing siege locations but follow a separate set of rules."

Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

We might be dead, but we are still skulking about, hahaha!
That said, they said (the devs) that they would eventually add these missions, but I don't think they added any timeline/zone/table (when do they ever?)
So, let me be frank: it's probably never going to come, or it's coming but it's going to create more bugs and be a s**t addition with no depth and definitely no added mechanics like siege engines destruction.

This is all we know from the "Release plans" post.

"In addition to this, you will see the introduction of more specialized combat options. For one, players are going to be able to sally out and launch a surprise attack on besiegers in order to destroy their siege engines. This will take place in the existing siege locations but follow a separate set of rules."
We saw the mission on a gamescom stream in 2016/17. The point is that you get your soldiers, run out of the castle, and destroy the siege engines in the camp and retreat before more and more enemy soldiers spawn. It is largely code-ready, like rebellions were added in 2021 but the code for them was spotted in 2020 and was thought to be a discarded feature. I suppose they are doing different scenes, pathfinding, and all other kinds of problems before putting them out.

We saw the mission on a gamescom stream in 2016/17. The point is that you get your soldiers, run out of the castle, and destroy the siege engines in the camp and retreat before more and more enemy soldiers spawn. It is largely code-ready, like rebellions were added in 2021 but the code for them was spotted in 2020 and was thought to be a discarded feature. I suppose they are doing different scenes, pathfinding, and all other kinds of problems before putting them out.
Ehh, let's hope it's decent. But I'm overly pessimistic.

Judging by how 'well-planned' the other features are, it'll just be like bandit hideouts. There won't be any timers, incoming reinforcements, or anything of a 'different system' - just a spawned small group vs small group and then you get that menu prompt after saying you destroyed X engine (or burn down their food stores - which, again, doubt TW even considered that 'basic' level of depth too).

Back
Top Bottom