Sailing with ship

Users who are viewing this thread

djogloc02

Sergeant Knight
There are multiple threads about problems with the ship travel system, so, there aren't a way to change it? You just need to click a party and you can travel by water. I tried, but I teleport to attack a party and the ship can't travel.

I can't sail with my ship, it says the same problem as all, "You don't own a ship, or your crew is small or very large", so I want to know if there are a way to change it, because when I click on a town at Ireland, for example, I can sail, but when I teleport to near a town (Cair Uisc for example) to attack Suth Seaxe traders, the ship don't move, so I want change this system, changing it, I can attack the Suth Seaxe scum  :mrgreen:

Oh I think thats because before you buy a real ship you can only use set crossings to ireland, and other islands, not sure though, haven't really used the ships much since they are so expensive. (and I usually don't sail much) and I have no idea of how to change any of that stuff.

djogloc02 said:
I can't sail with my ship, it says the same problem as all, "You don't own a ship, or your crew is small or very large", so I want to know if there are a way to change it, because when I click on a town at Ireland, for example, I can sail, but when I teleport to near a town (Cair Uisc for example) to attack Suth Seaxe traders, the ship don't move, so I want change this system, changing it, I can attack the Suth Seaxe scum  :mrgreen:
Do you mean teleport with cheats? I'm not sure what you mean here.

When you travel by ship, you have to click in the water to move through the water, or click on a castle/town/etc to land your ship. If you're having trouble sailing at all, you either don't have enough crew (30 minimum), too many in your party (90 maximum), no ship captain on your boat, or your boat is not ported where you are trying to sail from (or you don't own a boat).

I own a boat, it have a ship captain, and I tried to attack Suth Seaxe traders but my party didn't moved. Tried teleport and the ship didn't move. The only way to fight on water is to click on a castle/town/village and teleport where I want to attack.

And the South Seax traders are at sea? Are you able to sail at all, even without attacking anyone?

Yes, they are at sea, I was at ground and clicked at them, but my party didn't move. So I clicked on a castle at Hibbernia and I was sailing, teleport where the Suth Seaxe traders were, but the ship didn't moved.

djogloc02 said:
Yes, I think it's because of my big party (more than 90).
Yes, you have to buy another ship or dismiss some of your party if you have more than 90 people. You can also hire a mercenary captain and leave him on the shore near where your boat is and give him the excess party members before you sail so you can come back and pick them up later. Or just keep your extra party members in your garrison.

djogloc02 said:
With a party of 200, how can I set sail?
You need to have 3 boats to carry 200 people, or cut it down to 180 people and sail with 2 boats. Once you've bought enough boats, go to the Manage Ships tab at a Ship Port and divide your troops between your ships so that no ship has more than 90. Then you can set sail.

But I can only set sail with one ship right? I can't set sail with one ship (icon on map) and with more than 90 soldiers. I want to set sail and when I go to a sea battle, I go with all my soldiers, not just 90.

Back
Top Bottom