LSP 3D Art SacredStoneHead's Nord Armor Set (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Worked on the texture and the masks a bit, and tested the helmet with one of Narf's mail coifs, still haven't touched the rigging on the shoulder part, that is looking awful.

I liked how the helm looks with this kind of coif, so I'm going to rework it also.

Some screenies:

8845711513_baac3087f2_c.jpg

8845712881_a641a9d59e_c.jpg

Fun? Practice? To taunt us? To make us feel hopelessly inferior when we compare our own modelling skills to yours? :wink:

In all seriousness, it's looking fantastic. I don't know if you've mentioned it previously in the thread, but how many polies is it?

Believe me, the last thing that working with Warband's engine is, is fun :lol:

About the polycount, it's still not optimized, so I can't give you the final poly budget yet.

The armor itself has 4288 tris, but I think I can cut it to around 3500-3000, and cut off some in the greaves also.

The final lod 0 result will still be fairly high in tris for a Warband model, but I think I can cut the poly budget a lot already in the lod 1, so there would be not much as an impact in performance, I hope.

I have no idea what you just said my friend , except for the performance part...  :mrgreen:

I still have to do a nice looking pelt for this baby, and wrap up a good aventail, I'm just needing to focus in other projects right now.

It's just paused. I can't give a deadline, but it will finish it.

Got back to it today.

11058152885_a330e41c72_c.jpg

Changelog:

-Finished all the AO and dirt stuff;
-Added some leather details to the border of the chainmail;
-Added hard edges;
-A lot of minor tweaks in color/gradients;
-Finished the texturing of the greaves;

Will work on the helm next, then I'll start the gauntlets.

Better late than never...

SacredStoneHead said:
Got back to it today.

11058152885_a330e41c72_c.jpg

Changelog:

-Finished all the AO and dirt stuff;
-Added some leather details to the border of the chainmail;
-Added hard edges;
-A lot of minor tweaks in color/gradients;
-Finished the texturing of the greaves;

Will work on the helm next, then I'll start the gauntlets.

Better late than never...

This is a masterwork piece !!!

Back
Top Bottom