SP - General Sacking Towns and Castles

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello this feature of Sacking castles and towns was a great part of the Viking conquest DLC and I have some ideas for how it can improve Bannerlord. First off I believe this can help with factions expanding to much and balance the game out so that certain factions like Sturgians or Battanians will opt to sack a settlement rather then conquer land (castles, towns) outside of their cultured regions. They will only conquer regions taken by enemy factions with their own culture and only be influenced by the player to conquer new regions. The wealth of the sacking value can be determined by:

-Number of buildings within the settlement
-Workshops within the settlement
-Tier of the buildings within the settlement
-Villages raided connected to settlement vs not raided.

A building can also be added within the town and castle to speed up the recovery time for when it is sacked. I believe this would be a great feature in the game and also create a new dynamic to the economy in which the player can truly become rich off wars as a trader selling necessary supplies to sacked settlements and making a fortune.

*UPDATE* : This Feature has been added in the 1.5.8 update <3.

Last edited:
It is already planned although they didn't go into details.
I believe this would be a great feature in the game and also create a new dynamic to the economy in which the player can truly become rich off wars as a trader selling necessary supplies to sacked settlements and making a fortune.
My man.

that certain factions like Sturgians or Battanians will opt to sack a settlement rather then conquer land (castles, towns) outside of their cultured regions.

what makes you want to limit this to Sturgians and Battanians? Why not Khuzait/Aserai/Vlandians?

I think it could be all up to policies/traits of the armyleader rather than hardcoded. Then ofc some factions can start with such a policy active.
A vassal armyleader that does not think he will get the settlement might rather want to sack it.

+1! I like this suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom