[S] Warring States II - Released 15 Oct 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

More tests:

Ran more tests and figured out how to use battle formations better.

Also the AI seems to be sucking a LOT less (i have no idea why).    Battle formations in general no longer slow down my comp (i had to adjust some things but it runs very smoothly now.)

The only glaring thing that still occurs is that in Castle Seiges the AI doesnt hold the walls.  This is really the only glaring issue.

Color is still an issue for player kingdoms but being a vassel works fine. (I'm doing that now, just to avoid that hideous red).

All in all - I still like this mod the most of any.  I also figured out where autoloot went, and everything else seems to be working smoothly.

On Balance:

For preference, I altered some of the Hemmark units.
I removed the Crossbowman and replaced it with an "Ulfsarker."  The ulfsarker is effectively a Bersarker, but with 21 str and agility and removed/crappier torso armor.  I then raised the Bersarker to a much higher level and increased it's skills and proficiencies significantly (300 in relevant proficiencies).  It has near 30 str and agility but also has crappy/no torso armor.

The idea behind this is simple.  Lots of HP but no way to keep it.  They're shock troops that either use a two handed axe very well (but will die quickly to archer fire), or they have a huscarl shield and waraxe.  Their armor is very poor, but they run quickly and hit hard.

This also gave the Hemmark somewhat of a "higher level unit" - as I found myself only ever using their "Elite Axe Throwers" and only then as supplementals.

Thanks Qes for your feedback...

A new version will uploaded in a few days with the new color changes to the player faction. I will also take out the battle formation kit as the AI was acting rather poorly on those.

Benkasim said:

A new version will uploaded in a few days with the new color changes to the player faction. I will also take out the battle formation kit as the AI was acting rather poorly on those.

Nono, thank YOU for making a mod that I cant seem to stay away from.  Even diplomacy makes me think "Yeah but not enough factions..."  Say - how'd you figure out the player kingdom thing? I looked everywhere!
I'm curious what was forcing it.

I'm sorry to see BF go, but yeah the AI couldnt hold territory worth a damn.  (Frankly seige warfare is poorly represented. I wish casualties to take territory were much higher and active seiges lasted far longer, but that's a core issue not a mod issue.)
Thanks again for all your work!

I dont  know if its a problem into my MnB files but my main character gain sometimes a butch of Experience like 3x 29999 while im still doing nothing.
How can i change it please?

Thx to reply me!

(Very nice mod by the way)

Benkasim said:

I suggest to use Foxymans Form Ranks instead of motomaturus Formations.
The AI is doing a great job in using the formations, and is aggressive too!
Try to implement it´s worth the time.

andonai said:
Benkasim said:

I suggest to use Foxymans Form Ranks instead of motomaturus Formations.
The AI is doing a great job in using the formations, and is aggressive too!
Try to implement it´s worth the time.

Does it have a difference between shield walls and ranks?

I find the shieldwall invaluable for protecting my units who dont have shields.

hey there just curious the game starts up perfectly fine an all and when i create my character and choose where i want to start in the world i spawn normally and i have to kill the person who threatens to me, only problem is 6 seconds after i am spawned i ge tkicked back to desktop anyone know why ?

Benkasim said:

I'm glad to hear that you're going to update. I'm looking forward to it. Also, do you think you reduce the initial mercenary contract to one month instead of three?

Also, when picking a culture for your own kingdom is possible for us to pick the mercenary culture, that my lord will recruit mercenaries?

For some reason, the Mod gives me 20 levels. One time at character creation, the other time after several days. Was this intentional?

I wonder if we were able to collect raw materials directly from mines, farms etc, it could be nice (my opinion) Cause for now they came from no where in town!

i have tried this mod for about 1 week now and am up to lvl 20

i like the new factions - they are awesome

and I got my ass kicked heaps of times still - especially when u go into a fight thinking u can win then the troops turn out to be much better that u thought (especially heavy infantry and new types of knights) - which is a surprise and it excellent

a minor irritant is that on some days i get experience for nothing - not in a big hit but little by little all throughout the day and then it stops - i dont know what thats about

the major problem is that the faction diplomatic info stops the game eveyr day so that i have to click the screen about 3-20 times to keep the game running (if that could be turned off it would be awesome)

love the nagita samurai mercanaries

also i like the new items and armours - they are not flooding the shops - they seem to be just picked up after battles

It's been two weeks and I can understand that you're no doubt busy with everyday life, as we all are, but do you think you give some short of report on how progress in going on the next update?

I got to say that this is a pretty fun mod
but honestly i have 2 problems and a question
1. Having my guy go up 5-10 levels randomly when in game
2. How did the escobar militia have musket pistols and how come I cant seem to find them to be able to purchase them
and when is the next version going to be ready?
also great mod :smile:

It is a really good mod. I really like the new nations' units (especially the soldiers of Hemmark  :mrgreen: ) and the idea of the guilds, which are making the game more interesting. And the game don't changes too much, so everybody can see it is still Mount and Blade. Honestly I have two suggestions and some criticism: 1. How about a caracter in Athalos, who is something like a mercenary captain and who helps you to recruit bandits? And you may ask the creators of the mod "95 new units" to add this mod to "Warring States II" (It is pretty good and you don't need to create lots of new units). 2. You shold fix the bug at the beginning of the game (My level went up the 16) and I think the new factions need more cities, castles and villages to have a better balance in the game.

(Sorry for my horrible english and be sure it is a great mod)

Maybe its just me but it seems like the mod is pretty buggy.

I downloaded the oct 15 version and started a new game. When i looked at the map i noticed the neat new factions but i also noticed that one of them (i forget name, the one in the same area as Sarranid) had all direct copies of the Sarranid lords. Ignoring it to move on with the initial grind I decided to visit the Aran city since I spawned in Praven. When i got there I noticed that there was a tournament and joined and in the tournament I noticed that the contestants all wore turbans which felt kind of odd being right near the Swadian lands where contestants wear helms. I then went to the castle and noticed almost all the ladies had their clothes off.

Aside from that im enjoying the mod but I want to ask that you post what version of Diplomacy is being used in the mod in the info.

Also It may be just me but it seems strange that there are so many lords in these factions that tend to have only one city each.

EDIT: Also the number of defense treaties made each day is ridiculous and it tends to result in wars against 3 or 4 factions each per faction which forces that king to shorten the war. Also every day it seems a king doesnt respond to provocations so eventually every lord will be disgruntled or restless so yeah. Aside from that I understand its unfinished and keep up the good work :!:

From what I gathered, the mod is not 100% finished, when that happens, it will ultimately be a nation of city-states, each faction starting with one city and castle or two, and the amount of lords should be rebalanced as well then too.

Back
Top Bottom