SP Native [WB] SnD's Polished Native

Users who are viewing this thread

Dustinian said:
THANK YOU ALL Mode's for the contributions That SnD's Polished Native uses read all your Names wish to thank you.
My contribution is this . all game play must have balance .Long troop trees are OK but it takes six years to turn out a good Soldier.One or two weeks of basic training can give them basic skills .Most soldiers are not really very healthy if they come from cities.A large portion of military training is physical to build up the body and instill discipline in that they fight with one  mind directing them.Good food hard training and time can change a person into a soldier. The time scale in the game is condensed for the Basic fighting men with the NPC taking the time and effort necessary to build up the skills. If all fighting men were to have the same time requirements as the NPC and your avatar I believe it would make for a lot more balance but would make it far harder for players that do not use cheats. I myself use some of the cheats when I want to recruit and equip my units. But I use them in the following way Go to a village and see if their are any recruits that want to join if their is non I go somewere else. when I find some I buy ten peasants from the cheat menu.This is only because I can not customise my troops.I use the equipment cheat to equip them but I also do not equip them if I do not have the Iron for Swords Helmets Shields and Leather for boots.when I equip them that is bumped.For Cavalry I have to purchase the Horses from the cities and bump them as well. In order to carry all this stuff around I needed a pack train. For each hit point on a horse it can carry one weight unit. If my equipment exceeds the carry capacity of my pack units I dump the less valuable items that I can not carry. The Cloth and leather for tents and uniforms the heavy items that Take up little space and give me more weight carrying and so forth.Food and grain is the last thing to go as are the horses which give horse meat from the cheat menu. When traveling in the snow or desert grain is dumped one bag for every five horses in the army per day. If some one could make a mode that would save me a lot of time. If someone could mod and make carts which would carry more supplies that would make a lot more balance to the game. Equipment dose not matter that much its weight is important as is its purpose as long as it is within the area of human endeavour and skills base it can be Incorporated in the game.
As for the Muskets  yes they could be Incorporated but the price and time frames need to be expanded  as should misfires explosions that kill the user and so forth.The firearms of this period were really only pipes on a piece of wood with hand made powder and a stone the closest thing in the game system is the home made musket in Fire and sword so that should be the best at the top end.It is important that it stayes within the native area of moding as to go to another  plateform isolates your modes as unusable by others that are not using your platform.
Hope this is of help and can help a moder in their endeavors.
Thanks for your support, i have read your suggestions carefully and for what i have understood you wish to turn M&B into a realistic combat/strategy simulation, but M&B is just a game and it is pretty hard to code most of the time and errors come quickly, just for example:
With Fire and Sword is based on the warband code and still it took years just to port their codes and finish the game and they were a team of professional game makers/designers. I am one and i am still learning and if i could do it i sure would.
I don't want to bother you with but i couldn't understand part of your post, i could not understand if you made suggestions or simply explaining something about the game, if you could explain your post in a simplier way i would thank you as i am not a native english speaker and sometimes i have trouble understanding what others say.
Best regards:
SnD

Nord Champion said:
I love this mod, when will the version be ported to 1.142?

Oh and there's a glitch. I can command troops in a siege, other than that its great!
I will port it to 1.143 ( it's coming soon) and i am waiting for diplomacy 4.0 ( heard a rumor that Waithi and Zparcifal teamed up to make it) once i have them i will port it.

Have you enlisted in an army when the glitch occurs?

Suggestion: you may allow recruitment in both villages and towns/castles. Villages recruits should remain with low level equipment and gaining only proficiency points by levelling up, while "regular" troops from towns and castles should start with good equipment and remain iwth it when level up. An elite noble troop would be fine.
ex:
Village. You can recruit "swadian peasant archer", "swadian peasant footman" and " swadian peasant pikeman". They will level up in veteran troops but keeping their equipment, with just a change in propficiency and other stats.
Castle. You can recruit "swadian crossbowman", "swadian infantry" and "swadan knight". They will lvl up in vet. troops but keeping their equipment, that should be of a medium high level.
Town. A noble unit ?
Obviously, wages of regular units should be far higher than peasant ones, forcing a balance in party composition.

Robis said:
Suggestion: you may allow recruitment in both villages and towns/castles. Villages recruits should remain with low level equipment and gaining only proficiency points by levelling up, while "regular" troops from towns and castles should start with good equipment and remain iwth it when level up. An elite noble troop would be fine.
ex:
Village. You can recruit "swadian peasant archer", "swadian peasant footman" and " swadian peasant pikeman". They will level up in veteran troops but keeping their equipment, with just a change in propficiency and other stats.
Castle. You can recruit "swadian crossbowman", "swadian infantry" and "swadan knight". They will lvl up in vet. troops but keeping their equipment, that should be of a medium high level.
Town. A noble unit ?
Obviously, wages of regular units should be far higher than peasant ones, forcing a balance in party composition.
I know how to had a menu for recruiting troops from catles/towns but it just works for the regular troops... I will work it and see what can be done.
For the wage it is easy, warband calculs the wage depending on which level is the unit, if you have a strong unit with low level you still pay less than a weak unit with high level. Just give Nobles High levels.
Ps: Robis aren't you the one who is working on recruiting troops from castles/towns?

Seek n Destroy said:
I know how to had a menu for recruiting troops from catles/towns but it just works for the regular troops... I will work it and see what can be done.
For the wage it is easy, warband calculs the wage depending on which level is the unit, if you have a strong unit with low level you still pay less than a weak unit with high level. Just give Nobles High levels.
Ps: Robis aren't you the one who is working on recruiting troops from castles/towns?

I was the one who were trying to make it working but i gave it up since I've no experience in modding and all my tries failed. Furthermore, they guys supporting me disappeared. I'm sorry I cannot help you with this.

Seek n Destroy said:
Nord Champion said:
I love this mod, when will the version be ported to 1.142?

Oh and there's a glitch. I can command troops in a siege, other than that its great!
I will port it to 1.143 ( it's coming soon) and i am waiting for diplomacy 4.0 ( heard a rumor that Waithi and Zparcifal teamed up to make it) once i have them i will port it.

Have you enlisted in an army when the glitch occurs?

Oh, yeah, thats what I meant. I enlisted and I command troops in sieges, but sieges only.  It might be because its for version 1.132 and I'm playing with 1.143 D:

Dude you shuld do Swadia's troops uniformed i cant beleve that swadia which is in the center of calradia not to be the richest of all the factions the trade routes are almost aways crossing swadia they can afford the uniforms for their armies.

Quick draw for the rhodok troop tree:                            Rhodok Peasant                                                                                   
                                                                                      /                          \
                                                                          R. Hunter                        R. levy Infantry
                                                                          |                                      /              \
                                                      R. Levy Crossbowman                  R. Militia            R. Pike Militia
                                                                            |                            |                          |                  \
                                                      R. Militia Crossbowman          R. Regular Infantry    R.Phalanx    R. Halberdier
                                                                            |                        /                  |                    \                            \
                                                      R. Crossbowman        R. Light Cavalry    R. Veteran Inf.      R.Elite Phalanx        R. Veteran Halberdier
                                                                              |                                              |
                                                      R. Seasoned Crossbowman                      R. Professional Infantry

And next version will add:
Outpost by Lumos ( Gives the player the ability to create outpost and even a fort)
New Haircuts for both Males and Females Characters
Hopefully a new patch for Freelancer
A new Crosshair ( I didn't like this one so much)

Guys ı downloaded the mod and joined one of lord's army.Then ı have joined a battle.But is this bug ? He says  same  of things when ı went him. Please debug.

Explanation of my post
THANK YOU ALL Mode's for the contributions That SnD's Polished Native uses read all your Names wish to thank you. Explanation in short Words Thank you for your Hard Work
My contribution is this. all game play must have balance .Long troop trees are OK but it takes six years to turn out a good Soldier. One or two weeks of basic training can give them basic skills .Most soldiers are not really very healthy if they come from cities large portion of military training is physical to build up the body and instil discipline in that they fight with one mind directing them. Good food hard training and time can change a person into a soldier. Explanation in short Words Statement of learned experience This is what I have come to understand in conflict in military service in simple terms. The time scale in the game is condensed for the Basic fighting men. The time scale in the game is less condensed for  NPC taking the time and effort necessary to build up the skills. Explanation in short Words OBSERATION of the game system. If all fighting men were to have the same time requirements as the NPC and your avatar I believe it would make for a lot more balance but would make it far harder for players that do not use cheats in short Words A recommendation  for a better game with out the need to use cheats to balance troop training in the game. . I myself use some of the cheats when I want to recruit and equip my units. But I use them in the following way Go to a village and see if there are any recruits that want to join if there is none so I go somewhere else. When I find some I buy ten peasants from the cheat menu. This is only because I cannot customise my troops. Explanation in short Words How to balance recruitment of customised  troops. In the M&B and War band, the peasants are removed from the village. By the use of the Cheat they are not so a limit of ten would balance this for a small village. Lets say once in a week for each village
  I use the equipment cheat to equip them but I also do not equip them if I do not have the Iron for Swords Helmets Shields and Leather for boots .When I equip them this material is bumped Explanation in short Words  How to balance equipment and the gathering of supplies e.g. Leather Iron  and Cloth for equipping the unit..For Cavalry I have to purchase the Horses from the cities and bump them as well Explanation in short Words  Balance of the cost of training Cavalry and finding suitable mounts.. In order to carry all this stuff around I needed a pack train.  Explanation in short Words  Statement of requirement. For each hit point on a horse it can carry one weight unit. Explanation in short Words Statement of the capacity of horses to carry weight as pack animals based on size and breed of horse. If my equipment exceeds the carry capacity of my pack units I dump the less valuable items that I can not carry. The Cloth and leather for tents and uniforms the heavy items that Take up little space and give me more weight carrying and so forth. . Explanation in short Words   Explanation of  military commanders understand that if you overload you troops and pack animals they become fatigued become unable to move and how to handle the problem.  Food and grain is the last thing to go as are the horses which give horsemeat from the cheat menu. When travelling in the snow or desert grain is dumped one bag for every five horses in the army per day. Explanation in short Words Explanation of  Military requirement to sustain men and beasts over the loss of equipment. If some one could make a mode that would save me a lot of time. If someone could mod and make carts which would carry more supplies that would make a lot more balance to the game. Explanation in short Words Suggestions
Suggestions not placed in last post the rule of 7 applies.
One two and four horse wagons are the most practical way to move food and equipment.
A horse can pull 7 times more weight than it can carry civilian's use 6 but they always got what the military rejected.
SERGGESTION mod for carts
. Explanation in short Words Suggestions
Equipment dose not matter that much its weight is important as is its purpose as long as it is within the area of human endeavour and skills base it can be Incorporated in the game. Explanation in short Words Observation A leather worker a smith and a lot of camp follows  and military labour with the raw materials to work with could maintain and repair a unit in the Field. Sword Smiths Armour Makers and Fire Arms makes needed tools that are more specialized and labour which make them city based.
As for the Muskets yes they could be Incorporated but the price and time frames need to be expanded as should misfires explosions that kill the user and so forth.The firearms of this period were really only pipes on a piece of wood with hand made powder and a stone the closest thing in the game system is the home made musket in Fire and sword so that should be the best at the top end. Observation and Suggestion
It is important that it remains within the native area of modding as to go to another platform isolates your modes as unusable by others that are not using your platform. Observation and Suggestion
Hope this is of help and can help a moder in their endeavours.
I do not expect you to do any more than you want to do learn your craft at your own pace. If it's not what you want to do don't do it.
I only hoped that it may help you or another moder to stimulate the thinking process. All forward progression begins with a single Idea. One thing life has ta ugh me is that amateurs become professionals given time training and if they acquire the will to win.

Thicker forest with larger trees, larger flatter terrain and removed border mountains replaced with some realistic scenery. I don't want to see those little hills. Some scenery cliffs would be cool too...

I like everything except the fact that the armors are all darkened, and the silly combat animations.

Is there any way to put back the default animations?

EDIT: nm I just replaced the actions.txt and it works fine. I also agree that upping the contrast on every texture looks bad. Nothing copy/paste can't fix though.

This is an amazing mod, I especially like the new animations, but the freelancer mod is not working very well for me. Before the hotfix I couldn't communicate with my commander, but I got armor when I got promoted. After I applied the hotfix the errors stopped and I could communicate with the commander, but now I don't get any armor when I get my equipment, and even at the rank of Swadian Man at Arms I can't use my horse.

Is there a way to fix this?

Codename 47 said:
This is an amazing mod, I especially like the new animations, but the freelancer mod is not working very well for me. Before the hotfix I couldn't communicate with my commander, but I got armor when I got promoted. After I applied the hotfix the errors stopped and I could communicate with the commander, but now I don't get any armor when I get my equipment, and even at the rank of Swadian Man at Arms I can't use my horse.

Is there a way to fix this?
I reported it to the Freelancer Team i am just waiting for an update...

Back
Top Bottom