S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Users who are viewing this thread

ahhhh, love the series. CS wasn't as awe inspiring as SOC but enjoyed it all the same (even more so with great mods). Going by released info, this should be oblivion lost as it was intended to be before it was 'dumbed down' and released as SOC.

Very happy about this news, Cheers  :mrgreen:

I can spot that broken arm ninja knife animation anywhere. Update them already you lazy bastards (although the actually had a shotgun reloading animation where you would load the shells in from your pouch, very nice).

I'm not going to buy this though, clear sky was a dissapointment. They pretty much told the mod makers to blow themselves, they took almost no feedback from the community, and their charging me another 50 bucks for 6 hours of gameplay? No thanks, I'll get my post apocalyptic fix elsewhere.

ok so I can;t be bothered reading over 46 pages of this thread so I want to ask one question

is this game worth buying ? if so I actually might go and buy it this afternoon

also is the gameplay long ?

I realy hate thoes game that you pay large dollers for and you can finish in 24 hours like the hitman games :sad:

Jlgx50 said:
ok so I can;t be bothered reading over 46 pages of this thread so I want to ask one question

is this game worth buying ? if so I actually might go and buy it this afternoon

also is the gameplay long ?

I realy hate thoes game that you pay large dollers for and you can finish in 24 hours like the hitman games :sad:

Offtopic:
I don't understand this obsession with the length of a game? Why is it so important that a game be as long as humanly possible? Isn't the enjoyability of the game the most important thing? Surely, yyou'd rather pay $50 for 3 hours of the greatest game you've ever played, rather than for 100 hours of something that aws merely mediocre? If all I wanted to do was to waste my time, there are plenty of cheaper and better ways to do it than by playing video games.

jlgx i recommed it.

It is not your average shooter. the atmosphere is second to none, gun fights are deadly, and the environment is deadlier. Story line is great, and has 6 endings, 4 fake, one wrong and the real ending. For memory. It can take as long as you want it too. if you run around gun ho like a typical FPS you'll die VERY fast. if you play smart, and be cautious, you wont die as often lol. And it is rather long just following the main story not the side quests.

The first game, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows Of Chyrnobal is the one you should buy. Clear sky, is the second game (although actually taking place before the first game) was dissapointing, and a computer killer. poorly optimised.

Buy SOC and you wont be dissapointed, IF you enjoy, being scared and having to THINK while playing games. It's not one of those games where you can horde 5 tonne of equipment in your backpack for instance. I found it a breath of fresh air, but some thought it was TOO hard.

EDIT: plus once you've finished SOC, you can then download the mod PRIBOI Story. which is a whole new game, new story, levels, mechanics, gameplay, monsters and all. Very well made mod.

TheDrunkenMoron said:
I can spot that broken arm ninja knife animation anywhere. Update them already you lazy bastards (although the actually had a shotgun reloading animation where you would load the shells in from your pouch, very nice).

I'm not going to buy this though, clear sky was a dissapointment. They pretty much told the mod makers to blow themselves, they took almost no feedback from the community, and their charging me another 50 bucks for 6 hours of gameplay? No thanks, I'll get my post apocalyptic fix elsewhere.

Huh, took me a lot longer.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl - 45 hours - 2 playthroughs.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - 38 hours - 1.5 playthroughs

I've easily put over 100 hours into SoC and the *** mod for it.  The first game, when properly patched, was ****ing fantastic and *** is (almost always) better in every way for a second playthrough.  Absolutely stellar, except for a slightly bugged monster spawn in Warehouse.  Nothing like seeing a horde of 200 fleshes roaming about and realizing that it takes at least a full clip from the Tunder at point blank to put them down.  I ended up getting the flamethrower just to wipe them all out. 

phbbbt107 said:
Offtopic:
I don't understand this obsession with the length of a game? Why is it so important that a game be as long as humanly possible? Isn't the enjoyability of the game the most important thing? Surely, yyou'd rather pay $50 for 3 hours of the greatest game you've ever played, rather than for 100 hours of something that aws merely mediocre? If all I wanted to do was to waste my time, there are plenty of cheaper and better ways to do it than by playing video games.

Because many do not want to spent $16.66 per hour to play a game. It's an economical decision. That game may be worth $16.66 to someone, but not to many. If a person wants to play a certain number of hours, rather than just play through a game, it becomes quite expensive. Consider buying 4 games for $50 that last for 12.5 hours each. That's $200 for 50 hours, or $4 per hour. Consider buying 1 game for $50 that lasts 50 hours by itself. Just $1 per hour. The longer game is far more cost-effective for the consumer.

Rabid Potatoe said:
I should get back into SoC, I never completed it. It started crashing on me and I gave up, IIRC.

The Vista bug?

That killed *** for me. I played the game unpatched vanilla, and it was amazing fun, but I regret not being able to play the *** mod.

Had SoC for a while and I installed it today with the Oblivion lost mod, but even before that it was crashing on me.Also have the sleeping bag mod, anyone know the problem? Bloody great game all the same  :shock:

Cleaning Agent said:
Rabid Potatoe said:
I should get back into SoC, I never completed it. It started crashing on me and I gave up, IIRC.

The Vista bug?

That killed *** for me. I played the game unpatched vanilla, and it was amazing fun, but I regret not being able to play the *** mod.

Nah, the Two Year Old Windows Installation bug. Made everything ****ty.

Yea it works with it, they said its because 1.006 only updates multiplayer

[EDIT] Need help, updated to 1.005 to try multiplayer and now the game wont load?  :mad:

Just reinstalled it, patched it to 1.0005 and it's even less stable now than it was before.  :lol:

Dynamic lighting causes it to crash, and it crashes randomly, albeit with less frequency, with it disabled. Quicksave is my friend, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom