[S] Scaedumar Mod - Beta version released

Users who are viewing this thread

I've heard whispers of a Scaedumar 2 being developed, is this true? I absolutely loved this one, would be a huge supporter of a second.

Impressive indeed. They should start a new topic here in the forum, I hope they asked makers of this mod for permissions and stuff.

Workaholic said:
Impressive indeed. They should start a new topic here in the forum, I hope they asked makers of this mod for permissions and stuff.

I am in contact with them, and as long as proper credits are given everyone have "permission and stuff"...
I dont have the time to work myself anymore on the mod, so i made all my scripts and content open-source a while back.
Oh, and i wish them best of luck with the project.

Abhuva said:
Workaholic said:

I am in contact with them, and as long as proper credits are given everyone have "permission and stuff"...
I dont have the time to work myself anymore on the mod, so i made all my scripts and content open-source a while back.
Oh, and i wish them best of luck with the project.
do you know how far along they are?

Greetings, sorry for the delay to acknowledge the fans of Scaedumar  here at Taleworlds about the release of a sequel to Abhuva's masterwork. I wish also that he knows that I properly credited him in the Main Menu screen of my own version of the mod. I'm posting this from my tablet, since I recently changed residence, and I'm still waiting for my ISP to install the necessary stuff so that I can fill you up with all the new goodies.

In the meanwhile, I can just inform you that the development is at 40%, and that I've made some changes to:

NPC names: Lords now have titles and family names.
                    Merchant Quest Givers of the various capital cities now have names. (Ex. The merchant of Praven is now named Alois of Forsvik, he'll even have a few more lines  of dialogue to let you know about his past)
Scenes: Normal scenes and battle scenes are totally reworked. A battlescene may involve the enemy barricading in a ruin, and you'll be forced to flush them out. The castle of Tevarin is my masterpiece, and you'll see it soon (ever wondered how a castle in the middle of a gulf can be sieged?). Interiors of taverns, stores and arenas have been ALL revamped (SAR, RHO, SWA, VAE, KHE and NOR)
Items: Itemkinds.txt has a total of 564 new items. Including new horses, armour, weapons, boots, helmets and shields.
New scripts: Weapon durability. Visit the weapon smith or buy a new weapon, or you'll soon be left without a weapon in the middle of a battle.
                    Once you're down, you're dead. There is the small probability that you'll get wounded.   
New 'guilds': Volsk Crusaders (you'll learn about them in my novel), you can buy their 'trust' or earn it by doing missions for them (like getting goods for them) and the Assassin's Guild (hostile to everybody except the Sarranids), watch your back.               
Companions: 17 new companions, mostly Swadian (I'm Swadian biased). The companions can be found in the various taverns, or you'll be able to save them by raiding bandit camps.
New stuff to come: Early arquebuses, medieval blackpowder siege weapons such as small bombards and pot-de-fers (a storm of arrows shall fall on you or on your enemy), cavalry crossbows (one handed), chariots (I need to try animating it first to see if it's seamless while riding it through rough terrain).
The idea of two new kingdoms has been scrapped. Instead I've added more villages and castles (+1 more city for the Rhodoks and Nords), plus two new lords for each faction. I'm writing a short mod novel on Scaedumar 2, aiming to present you who are these two new lords.

Who gets what said:
Swadians get one more castle and village. Castle Branau and the abbey of Varnhem (oh yeah, you know from where I took that)
Rhodoks get one more city, castle and village. Castle Metternich, the abbey of Jarvaskar, and the city of Cusland.
Nords get one more city, Skaren, one more castle (more of a hill with palisades and a central tower) and two new villages.
Khergits get nothing new.
Sarranids get nothing new.
Vaegirs get two forts on the border between them and the Khergits.

Arrows and bolts have their damage increased by 30%.
More types of arrows and bolts are available as well. (Amount decreased from 30 to 20 for arrows and 20 to 12 for bolts)
Cavalry Crossbows can only use Small Bolts (available in Small, Medium and Large variants, varying from 4, 6 and 8 bolts)<
*Blackpowder weapons can crush your shield with one hit.
**Blackpowder weapons have a high probability that they might explode in your face and fatally wound you. (They have a scripted durability) - I'm a bastard I know.

*And they take the 20% of your total health.
** You'll die fo' real in short words if you get your face hacked by splinters of wood from your freshly exploded arquebus.
    Oh... righty. You can't use the arquebus on horseback. (Balance reasons)

WIP: I'm trying to create a real jousting tournament for Swadia, and not just a ride n'poke thingie.
        I'm planning of adding 'readable' books into the mod. If you want to write a short story that you would like inserted into the mod, feel free to do so.

Screens will follow shortly as soon as I get internet back on my computer.

Sincerely,
a very big fan of Scaedumar and developer of Scaedumar 2

- LordMalacath

Note: 23 March 1257 isn't the game year anymore. Welcome to the 13 of December 1255. (The year when the first blackpowder weapon, the 'fire-rod' got in Europe from China).

Referrence images used for what I'm modelling on my computer (can't post screens of my .brf files, I'll do them later due to the reason specified above)

armes20005.JPG

Arquebus, 1340 circa. (I made it a bit more... primitive and worn-out, you'll see it soon)
Crossbows_Gun_Crossbow_Large.jpg

Cavalry Crossbow. (One handed)
Medieval_cannon_Image2.pngec59343f-f8de-4371-a850-cd9b58440e23Large.jpg

Siege Culverin. (I'm modelling it so it will budge into the mod without lore or period issues.)
Pot-de-fer%20%20Milemete-%201326%20%20001.jpg

Pot de fer. (One hit, one kill. If it hits you, see you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTS8PQ06Qo&feature=relmfu
Referrence video used for my reloading animation of the arquebus.

Excellent news indeed, I'm really glad you decided to share it here. Can you tell us more about two new factions that have been canceled, any chance of changing your mind about that?
Best of luck with your work.

Well in my short novel, the protagonist of the whole is a Swadian Count that went on a 'Holy Crusade' against the pagans of an archipelago of islands (Volsk Islands*) towards the far north of Calradia. This is one of the factions that I might not abandon, since I still have some plans for it. In order to arrive there, I planned that the players would use ships (already included in SC1 by Abhuva).

The other faction was a Chinese-inspired one, of the Yuan dinasty. The issue that made me scrap the idea was that I didn't have the will nor the time to actually model something for this faction. Instead, from this idea I made two Guilds.

*The Volsk Guild is to be based in the Volsk Archipelago.

I posted about this before but I'm not sure if anyone read.

I've been having some issues with the game though I am not sure wether or not they are mod related or completely unrelated to the mod and are an issue with the game.

Some lords simply will not leave their castles or towns. I've narrowed it down to being specific fiefs that have this issue. Examples being Slezkh Castle and Khudan. The lords won't leave, and when I ask them what they are doing they say the fief is poorly garrisoned and they must build up a suitable garrison. But it doesn't matter how big a garrison is there or what kind of units or anything, there could be 1000 Nord Huscarls and they still will not leave.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before and what may be causing it.

Those aren't the only fiefs I've seen this issue with, there are a number of castle's in the Sarranid lands and one in Rhodoks territory I know of.

Good to see that people are still playing this mod. The link to the submod of Robis and is down sadly (CIA if you read this you can go to hell). I could upload my modified version of the module. It includes most changes of the submod as well as some of my personal tweaks (which may or may not be favored by some), if enough interest is shown.

Great to see that there's a 2nd version in the works! I wonder if Abhuva is helping with it.

@InsertEvilLaugh: Not really sure what to tell about your issue, i never experienced that kind of bug - you are using an "old" version of M&B Warband to play? It might be that newer versions introduced this kind of bug (i guess the latest version i compiled for was 1.134 or something like that, should be stated somewhere in the docs). Sorry that i cant really offer some help with that issue.

@MrExpendable: Incase you want to upload a new modified version somewhere you can also drop me the link here (via pm or just here in the thread) and i could include it in the front-page.
As to wether i am working/helping on the 2nd version: Nope, this is entirely done by LordMalacath as far as i know. Unfortunately i still dont have the time for serious modding. Did some cool (and still unreleased) stuff for the Prophesy of Pendor 4 mod before i silently left the modding scene here... Doing Indie-Game Development is stealing all my time now =)

@all others: Its great to see that people still playing and having fun with this, never expected this =) Its now close to 30k downloads overall (various platforms together of course) and i can consider this my most successfull mod ever =P Thx all for your support and i am really looking forward to what LordMalacath can pull off in the future...
Have fun everyone

Abhuva said:
@all others: Its great to see that people still playing and having fun with this, never expected this =) Its now close to 30k downloads overall (various platforms together of course) and i can consider this my most successfull mod ever =P Thx all for your support and i am really looking forward to what LordMalacath can pull off in the future...
Have fun everyone

I sincerely thank you for all the kind words, Abhuva.
Development is steady and constant throught the whole schedule that I planned, including scripting outside from the MS (which I hate, but it is undoubtely faster). If one day you wish to give a hand, like scening, give me a call and I'll upload the module on my private FTP server so that you can download it.
Swadia is almost done, +24 unique battlescenes (yeah, overkill). One scenario that I liked most is making maps similar to Teutonburg Forest (ambush maps), with you or the enemy attacking from the forest, downhill on the
poor guys on the narrow road.
Armors, scene props (I retextured a lot of them to add a lot more variation within the mod), weapons, misc. objects, and animations (I'm working on new ones in Blender with the help of a friend), today I added animated banners by just using the vertex shader.

Scripting is going up aswell, I plan to add a nice amount of unique companions, possibily 5 per kingdom.
There's still a lot of stuff to be done. Like remaking the map (planning to make it of the same size but more complex, eith more forests, rivers, lakes, hills and plateaus), reworking the economy, adding a new interface (if it's not hardcoded), weapon durability and a lot more ideas when they'll come into my mind.

I'm currently busy balancing old items from SC with new items of SC2, adding music (Celestial Aeon and KOH ftw), ambient sounds (sounds like crows, mosquitoes, birds, boars etc), scening and retexturing via Photoshop.

All the main textures are bumped up to 2048x2048, greatly adding up to detail while suffering almost no FPS drop, even in the new Praven scene. (where I deleted the LODs of Gutek's houses, seeing as they were flickering as you were getting far from them).

That's all for now.
I wish luck in your projects.

Abhuva said:
Cause of my limited time (and work on other projects) i decided to make the code OpenSource, so everone who wants to try his hands on this (or just want to see how i integrated/modified some of the kits) here you go:

The code is slightly commented, remember if you use certain code-pieces from here to give credit to the respective creators.

hello, forgive me insolence, but does this mean that i am allowed to create a submod based off of your mod?

Hi guys!

I'm going to try out this mod now and looking forward to the new version when It's ready.
Just a question. I'm trying to download MrEx&Robis add-on but since megaupload is down I can't download it. Maybe you could upload it somewhere else or did i miss something? :smile:

Salty: Yes, you can create a submod, but you need to credit Abhuva. You're, of course, using his work. This policy was used because he did not have time to work on Scaedumar and released the SC for those who wished to continue the work. Scaedumar 2, an expansion of over 2.3GBs, is being developed by me. Since I put down a high amount of hours into it (almost 250 hours of work), I do not plan to release the module system of S2. I encourage, however, using Scaedumar rather than Floris, for obvious reasons. I am not biase, Floris is just...overkill for a new modder. Start with something simple. Know your way around the files etc.

Since I cannot quote on my phone, I'll answer to the other user as well.
With the closure of Megaupload by the FBI, the mod made by Robis is lost, unless some kind person decides to upload a backup of it. I just suggest playing Scaedumar as it is, while waiting for the second version.

In a month or two, I'll give access to the mod to two people handpicked by me, for betatesting.
Abhuva has the privilege of testing it aswell before its effective release on Moddb.

LordMalacath said:
Salty: Yes, you can create a submod, but you need to credit Abhuva. You're, of course, using his work. This policy was used because he did not have time to work on Scaedumar and released the SC for those who wished to continue the work. Scaedumar 2, an expansion of over 2.3GBs, is being developed by me. Since I put down a high amount of hours into it (almost 250 hours of work), I do not plan to release the module system of S2. I encourage, however, using Scaedumar rather than Floris, for obvious reasons. I am not biase, Floris is just...overkill for a new modder. Start with something simple. Know your way around the files etc.

Since I cannot quote on my phone, I'll answer to the other user as well.
With the closure of Megaupload by the FBI, the mod made by Robis is lost, unless some kind person decides to upload a backup of it. I just suggest playing Scaedumar as it is, while waiting for the second version.

In a month or two, I'll give access to the mod to two people handpicked by me, for betatesting.
Abhuva has the privilege of testing it aswell before its effective release on Moddb.

ahh very cool thanks and i did not know floris was opensource either.

Back
Top Bottom