[S] Rallix's Troop Trees

Users who are viewing this thread

Semper_Ducimus said:
Two questions if i may:

- Why was the Khergit Lancer removed?  What was the rationale? This isn't a critique, I'm just curious as to why.

- Is this mod compatible with the Native Mod Compilation? ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126993.0.html )
Well, the lancer didn't add much to the Khergits, in my opinion. I thought of them as useless light cavalry that never did their job properly, which is killing other enemy cavalry. Instead they were usually just swatted.

I replaced the unit to make the Khergits more concentrated upon mounted archery, and I found them to be more effective for it.
But that's just my opinion. Basically, the Khergits now have ranged infantry which are useful as castle defenders and against other infantry, because they lacked such a unit. They also now have a 6th tier horse archer which is truly more effective than a Lancer, but comes with the price of other units of a similar caliber. Seriously, I dare you to pit Swadian Squires & Knights against an equal number of Bondsmen and tell me they don't do better than Lancers.

Also, the mod should be compatible. Unless they rearrange the item_kinds file, or something else that the mod relies on having, then it should be fine.

Deval4u said:
Are the source codes for this mod available to the public?
Umm, source codes? It's just a troop text man. Use it wherever you wish, and however you wish.
Just tell me when you do it. All I need is to know.
Heck, I don't even care if you don't credit me in a mod you make, just as long as I know it's there.(Though credz are always nice)

It's open-source.

RalliX said:
Deval4u said:
Are the source codes for this mod available to the public?
Umm, source codes? It's just a troop text man. Use it wherever you wish, and however you wish.
Just tell me when you do it. All I need is to know.
Heck, I don't even care if you don't credit me in a mod you make, just as long as I know it's there.(Though credz are always nice)

It's open-source.
Ah, I assumed that you created this in Python, my bad.
I was planning on creating a personal mod (Diplomacy + An extra Faction, nothing special) while using this troop tree, as the native troops kinda blow.
Perhaps I'll just try making the mod, and then merging this troop txt into the new one then, once I finally get around to modding.
And Open Source or not, I always like to ask permission. I have a weird conscience.

I have made a new Troop tree, and I think it's the best so far.
There are less total troops to edit in it simply because I decreased the upgrades in any faction line from the recruit tier, to a maximum of 3. Most factions' troops upgrade to the last tier in two upgrades.

This is balanced out by higher levels for the tiers.
Nord Militia: Lvl 8
  |
Nord Frimann: Lvl 16
  |
Nord Hirdmann: Lvl 24
  |
Nord Huscarl: Lvl 30

This however is not the case for the Rhodoks, which have lower levels, but the lower level means quicker training time, and lower pay; more troops, faster. Lvl 6-Lvl 12-Lvl 18-Lvl 24.
This is simply because their infantry is not superb in their functionality, which I have increased, worry not. In fact, I have made most troops stronger than they were in native. The opening post has been updated to include these changes.
Here are the Vaegirs:

I'm not sure if this is the place to be for your Simplified Soldiers mod (Rallix?)  But I've been playing it for a bit and I really like it.

I like the big difference between  the soldiers and bandits and the fact that you really will have a hard time vs soldiers instead of steamroll them in the beginning like a bunch of bandits.

I was a little confused at first though I'm still not used to the names and for factions like the Sarranids with names of which I don't even know the meaning off I was unsure which to chose for what.

I was also missing the light cavalry in the Sarranids but we had already discussed that one. I do have to wonder if it may be to easy to get top tier troops. I'm on day 4 now (1 day I was completely slacking off not training my soldiers or anything) yet I already have 3 mamlukes after defeating 3  - 4 bandit parties.

I haven't had the pleasure of fighting the other factions yet though so I might need those mamlukes more then I think.

I had considered that the classes might be too easy to level up.
The obvious cure would be increasing the levels of tiers going to heavy cavalry in the Sarranid, Swadian, and Vaegir trees.

I'm thinking something like Lvl 10 for recruits, Lvl 20 for mid tier, and Lvl 28+ for the Heavy Cav.

Edit:
Uploaded New Version. Mercenaries in particular have been touched upon.
Also, the level problem has been addressed. Do tell if there are any problems!

Back
Top Bottom