[S] Last Breath of Calradian Empire (ye Olde Thread)

¿How many Imperial factions do you like to see?

• Just one. Great Calradian Empire.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Two. Something like western and eastern roman empire.

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebel Empire does sound a bit strange, but they would probably officially have the exact same name as the Calradian Empire, which would be confusing.

What's the motivation for the rebellion?

lamna said:
What's the motivation for the rebellion?

An old noble of the Empire leads the rebellion, coming from exile in the south (beyond the desert) after saying many years ago that the current emperor stole the crown. Now he brings a huge mercenary army from the south and sits on some positions near Shariz to fight the empire.

So we'll have

Calradian Empire = Roman Empire/Western Empire
Ragnar Clan = Vandals?
Vegir Principality = Bulgars?
Saranéi Emirate = Berber/Arabs?
Great Khanate of Khergits = Huns/Avars
Rebel Empire = Eastern Empire/Palmyrene Empire/Gallic Empire

I've had a few ideas.

Swadians could be an important part of the Calradian armies, maybe as really cheap low quality units to quickly increase the size of the army, or really high quality barbarians that can cause a lot of damage. When the Empire collapses, the Swadians would be there to take over like the Germanic peoples in the Roman empire. (Franks, Goths, Lombards) Maybe you could have Swadian and Calradian companions that bicker to remind people of the differences between the two

The Rebel General/Emperor could be a really great guy, with lots of great ideas for how to reform the Empire, but this is really not the time for a rebellion and it's seriously weakening the Empire. I think trying to make both of the Imperial factions compelling would really help make this mod great.

Having someone else rather than the Khergits to start with might be a good idea. Baheshtur mentions the Khergits are only the latest steppe people to settle in those lands, that they pushed out another steppe people who had grown soft and that he expects the same will happen one day to the Khergits. Perhaps you could have the Khergit Horde appear later in the game, like House Targaryen does in A Clash of Kings mod.

hello,
I will help you with a solid background for your mod, if you want.

I have in mind some good ideas that will be very simple and easy to realize but they stay very well in your mod.

The way to do, its to have only Nords, Khergits, and the Empire. This because Swadians was citizens  of the Empire, and not a kingdom like now, also Rhodoks was once a time under Swadia, then they never existed in the depicted age, but they are impèerials like Swadians.

I think at this time existed only Nords, and Khergits:  Sarranids was more or less like the Arabs before the Prophet (pbuh) came, a series of independent city-states warring between them and any other opponent.

Then, the best way for realize your od, it's to create these 3 lands only, and put the desert with indipendent city states, more easy that combine all the  present kingdoms.

Think about it, as Ramun say.

Are you going to continue this mod since that's what bannerlord will be about?

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
hello,
I will help you with a solid background for your mod, if you want.

I have in mind some good ideas that will be very simple and easy to realize but they stay very well in your mod.

The way to do, its to have only Nords, Khergits, and the Empire. This because Swadians was citizens  of the Empire, and not a kingdom like now, also Rhodoks was once a time under Swadia, then they never existed in the depicted age, but they are impèerials like Swadians.

I think at this time existed only Nords, and Khergits:  Sarranids was more or less like the Arabs before the Prophet (pbuh) came, a series of independent city-states warring between them and any other opponent.

Then, the best way for realize your od, it's to create these 3 lands only, and put the desert with indipendent city states, more easy that combine all the  present kingdoms.

Think about it, as Ramun say.

Thanks, that's more or less what we are doing. We'll have also the Rebel Empire (or the name you want) because the background it's all done yet. We have made the histories that the new npcs tell, so the background story it's made. Of course swadia and rhodoks don't exist.

Thane Delphi said:
Are you going to continue this mod since that's what bannerlord will be about?

Yes, we'll continue. It may take a long time to bannerlord be released, and we will probably have our mod ready these Christmas.

Very well,

i continue to observe and see your progress, for use when it will be ready.

Another suggestion: what you think of utilize some ancient armors? If now in Calradia, 1274, we are in full Middle age, I suppose that at the time of the crumbling they was more or less like Dark Ages.
A beautiful thing to do it's realize armor and weapons more or less like Charlemagne's Franks, VI century Arabs or Byzantine Empire.

Rebel Empire works fine, it gets the message across but it does not sound great If they win you're stuck with having a massive empire still called rebels.

You could name them after their temporary capital, like the Palmyrene Empire or Byzantium. Or after the Provinces they base their rebellion from, like the Gallic Empire or Britannic Empire.

You could also give each faction a name, like Optimates and Populares, but that wouldn't look great after one side wins either.

The ideal solution would be to have a civil war between claimants already happening when the game starts, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Good on you for continuing. I expect it's going to be a long wait for Bannerlord.

Looks very good and it's a great idea! I would love to see the Calradian Empire.
My vote for equipment and troops is late Roman. Ovular Scuta and a divide between limitanei (border-troops) and comitatenses (legions)

Sir_Newton said:
Looks very good and it's a great idea! I would love to see the Calradian Empire.
My vote for equipment and troops is late Roman. Ovular Scuta and a divide between limitanei (border-troops) and comitatenses (legions)

Thanks, that's more or less what we are doing :smile:

I think it would be interesting if the map started out completely under the dominion of the Empire. Then later, in the same way as the Rhodoks, separate portions of the empire, such as the Vaegir areas declared their independence. Nords and Khergits could horde in their respective areas to represent their conquest of Calradic towns.

Awesome-looking mod!  :grin:

djogloc02 said:
What do you mean? In Bannerlord there will be some type of "Roman Empire"?

Don't you know?

The once-mighty Calradic Empire is in a state of decline. Warlike tribes have seized swaths of its territory. Client kingdoms have declared their independence. The Emperor has died without leaving an heir, leaving three jealous factions to scramble for power. Mercenary companies, bandit lords and nomads hover on the sidelines like vultures waiting for a meal.

A hero who can master the art of single combat, of leading armies in battle, of plotting ambushes and raids, and of exploiting the rivalries of noble houses and tribal clans may be able to unite this Empire -- or, alternately, to deal it the final blow that sends it crashing down. Will Calradia experience one final sunset of imperial glory, or slip into a night of chaos before a new age dawns?

It's something very similar to what we are doing... but we started before Taleworlds' announcement, so we didn't copy  :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom