[S] Last Breath of Calradian Empire (ye Olde Thread)

¿How many Imperial factions do you like to see?

• Just one. Great Calradian Empire.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Two. Something like western and eastern roman empire.

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not dead, and we are aiming for a release before 2016 ends. We are having some code problems though, so it would be great if we would find a coder who could give us a hand with this  :shifty:

mike56 said:
It's not dead, and we are aiming for a release before 2016 ends. We are having some code problems though, so it would be great if we would find a coder who could give us a hand with this  :shifty:

What in particular do you need coded?

Redleg said:
mike56 said:

What in particular do you need coded?

Three things. First, we need to fix the bandit dialogs. We modified them some time ago using the brytenwalda code to make us able to recruit bandits if we had enough money or bad renown. Now it's not working properly for some reason, and when we recruit the bandits we don't lose money  :facepalm:

Second, we need to disable the lords defections. Third we need to make that when you join any side at a battle with two neutral factions, you gain relation with the faction you aid (this already happens) and you also lose relation with the faction you fight against (this is what needs to be fixed).

As you see it dos not look like really complicated stuff but I am pretty inept at coding  :ohdear:

mike56 said:
Three things. First, we need to fix the bandit dialogs. We modified them some time ago using the brytenwalda code to make us able to recruit bandits if we had enough money or bad renown. Now it's not working properly for some reason, and when we recruit the bandits we don't lose money  :facepalm:

Second, we need to disable the lords defections. Third we need to make that when you join any side at a battle with two neutral factions, you gain relation with the faction you aid (this already happens) and you also lose relation with the faction you fight against (this is what needs to be fixed).

As you see it dos not look like really complicated stuff but I am pretty inept at coding  :ohdear:

For the first that was a Bryt bug that they then fixed in VC, so you could compare the dialog code for that.

For the third I think it's pretty simple, this seems to be the change I made in VC for that:
Code:
        "Move in to help the {s2}.",[
          (select_enemy,0),
          (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
          (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
          (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction", ":defender_faction", -3), #kragg add
          (jump_to_menu,"mnu_join_battle")]),

"Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
          (select_enemy,1),
          (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction", ":attacker_faction", -3), #kragg add

It's been a while but I think it worked.

kraggrim said:
For the first that was a Bryt bug that they then fixed in VC, so you could compare the dialog code for that.

For the third I think it's pretty simple, this seems to be the change I made in VC for that:
Code:
        "Move in to help the {s2}.",[
          (select_enemy,0),
          (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
          (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
          (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction", ":defender_faction", -3), #kragg add

"Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
          (select_enemy,1),
          (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction", ":attacker_faction", -3), #kragg add

It's been a while but I think it worked.

Thank you very much, I was thinking the dialogs thing was a general problem with my module system, nice to know it's not. I'm trying it right now, cheers!

Comrade Crimson said:
Good gravy. I remember recording for this mod with that ol' humble yeti. Part of me wants to put an OSP pack out for general use with my new audio technica 4040.

Wow wow wow, not so fast, I'm still able to finish this mod!!  :mrgreen:

MithrellaS said:
Mike, could you record a combat video of what you have already? Just to give us a little taste of it.  :fruity:

Hum, not a bad idea. Any preferences in the selection of factions that take part?

hmm. Well obviously the Calradian Empire or whatsoever the faction is called in the mod. :grin:

Against some other faction doesn't matter which for me. :smile:

Here you have good lords. A quick video where I control some Imperial tier 1, 2 and 3 troops against the forces of the Uldemberg Empire. This faction's leader is a calradian noble who got exilied to Geroia years ago and then reunited an army of geroian mercenaries an returned to Calradia to fight for the imperial crown. He is also supported by some native warlords from the rhodok mountains.

Note that I've not yet implemented Comrade Crimson's voices (I'm still having problems with that) and that there are some texture problems, but of course all of this is WIP. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom