[S] Land of Bleeding Ice

Users who are viewing this thread

LOL!!!!
Pros- they are trees
Cons- they are trees

You are really funny you know that? really excited to play this mod!!

What, you can't speak to lords? What happens when you encounter a lords party?

What do you meen by 'are merchants en route'?

Ahhh... I get ya.

Merchants, they are there but it's really hard to find them since they are trees in a forest. I'm thinking of giving the trees a party member that is a merchant or maybe making it so trees are no longer playable.

Now, the talking issue, this is an issue with trees I can't really fix. Because of the skeleton sizes of the trees it makes it hard for you to talk to NPCs. This combined with the fact that the tree mesh doesn't exactly match the skeleton makes it hard to find a point where you can activate talking. This is another reason i'm considering making trees no longer playable.

Would it be possible to make a new model for the trees one that looks more realistic (Less like a random moving tree) and more like a undeadish tree? I don't like how there's not even a face and how they're so tall and how when they attack their branches just swing around un attached to their bodies.

Examples:
Family-Guy-4ACX29-Evil-Tree.png
Evil%20Tree%20is%20COMIN%20......jpg
evil-tree.jpg

Not saying it's gotta be a masterpiece just less plant and more mentally active living creature (Even a face would be a nice touch)

The reason I went for the standard tree meshes is simple, I thought it was cool how it was random trees moving. Sort of like the forest is moving, if the trees are different from the others then it no longer has the effect of the forest is moving because the don't look like the rest of the forest. That is just my opinion though, if enough people say they want trees like the ones above then I'll see what I can do.

Now regarding their arms, it would be extremely hard to make any tree that has arms actually attached to it's body like the santas or yetis so i took the easy way out. Although, it I made all the trees fatter then the branch would start inside the tree and look more like what you want.

Eh just my opinion it can be hard to tell whats going on with trees in battle so I figured reducing them to player size might help.

Reduce the size of the trees? Hmmm I don't want to make 'em to small but how about this... What if i made them a bit shorter but also a bit fatter?

Personally I love how they look exactly like the rest of the forest. I once found myself shooting at a still forest while the real enemy came from another direction...

Yeah fighting trees in the Forest is a bad idea its how i lost my Santa Army :sad:

playing as the trees thou is awesome i just have 1 complaint when i was playing as the trees i attacked a Snowman watch Tower we killed everyone but these 4 snowmen hiding in the tower since i had no plants left my trees could not fit through the door to get to the snowmen i ended up having to retreat and auto resolve the battle making me lose more trees than i wanted to

not sure if someone has already mentioned this so sry if they have :smile:

Dont mess with the Santas!

Yeah I think the dude stopped updating it because he went on to more serious mods or something, but what could be more serious than this? It's certainly filling a unique niche.....

Back
Top Bottom