[S] Klabautermann - Naval Warfare

Users who are viewing this thread

klabautermann.jpg

Klabautermann makes sea-battles possible. It is inside of the new Brytwalda.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,189.0.html

In this Mod you can only have sea-battles in custom battle mode. But aslo this is fun.

Version:
1.0 for Warband 1.143

mb18.jpg

Download:
http://www.mbrepository.com/download.php?id=2913&f=Klabautermann.zip

Here are some instructions in bad english:
You are the captain of your boat. You do not stear your boat directly. You just give commands. And here are the effects of your commands:

a) up and down arrows = In 5 steps you can tell your man how strong they have to row. Do not hold one arrow key! If you press the 'up'-key 5 times you give the highest rowing command (just like 'row as fast as you can'). You will see it with this test: if you hit the up key, but the message 'more rowing' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the highest rowing command. Other direction the same:  if you hit the down key, but the message 'less rowing' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the lowest rowing command. You do not have to set sail to move!

b) Enter = Set/get Sail. Effect depends on your direction to north. If you are in wind direktion you get extra speed. If you are against wind direktion you get penalty. Get Info about wind direktion with the "Situation report" (right Shift). Figure out your direktion with sun and daytime. (12h sun is in south)

c) right shift = Situationreport. Tells you some interesting things.

d) left and right arrows = In 7 steps you can tell your Helmsman how strong he has to stear in one direction. Do not hold one arrow key! If you press the 'right'-key often you give the highest stearing command (just like 'stear to stearbord as strong as you can'). You will see it with this test: if you hit the right key, but the message 'more starboard' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the highest stearing command. Other direction the same. You have to move for turning!

e) k-key = boarding command. If you hit 'k' you will see which command you did give. There are 3:
          - Try to board
          - Try to board even friendly ships
          - Avoid boarding
Do not hold key!!! Serveral klicking will just change your command every time. Just like this: The captain gives every second another command. The last command you did give will have an effect. You will always get into boarding with an enemy ship if you are near enough!!! The enemy ship wants it and this is enough. The  commands are only there, to control if you want to board also friendly ships or empty ships. At the beginning the first command ist automatic given.
Hint: with this command, you can stop boarding, to get your ship free. Press "k" until "avoid boarding" an you will get free from an empty or friendly ship.

f) Backspace = change camera perspective. (You will see the whole ship)​

Hint2: You own the ship you are on (you can change ships). You only can control your ship, if no enemy is on it.

Your mod was created exclusively for  mod  Brytenwalda. But would you be kind enough to show the script to use in other modifications or scripting for database compilation?

This modification is only meant to be played in the custom battles. It is neither for the single player campaign, nor for the multiplayer.

@FeelTheShadows: Cool shots!

JabdiMelborn said:
...With arrow keys we can move ships...
...are there other commands available with the keyboard...?

Hi, thank you, i forgot that. Here are some instructions in bad english:
You are the captain of your boat. You do not stear your boat directly. You just give commands. And here are the effects of your commands:

a) up and down arrows = In 5 steps you can tell your man how strong they have to row. Do not hold one arrow key! If you press the 'up'-key 5 times you give the highest rowing command (just like 'row as fast as you can'). You will see it with this test: if you hit the up key, but the message 'more rowing' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the highest rowing command. Other direction the same:  if you hit the down key, but the message 'less rowing' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the lowest rowing command. You do not have to set sail to move!

b) Enter = Set/get Sail. Effect depends on your direction to north. If you are in wind direktion you get extra speed. If you are against wind direktion you get penalty. Get Info about wind direktion with the "Situation report" (right Shift). Figure out your direktion with sun and daytime. (12h sun is in south)

c) right shift = Situationreport. Tells you some interesting things.

d) left and right arrows = In 7 steps you can tell your Helmsman how strong he has to stear in one direction. Do not hold one arrow key! If you press the 'right'-key often you give the highest stearing command (just like 'stear to stearbord as strong as you can'). You will see it with this test: if you hit the right key, but the message 'more starboard' does not occur, then you know: I did already give the highest stearing command. Other direction the same. You have to move for turning!

e) k-key = boarding command. If you hit 'k' you will see which command you did give. There are 3:
          - Try to board
          - Try to board even friendly ships
          - Avoid boarding
Do not hold key!!! Serveral klicking will just change your command every time. Just like this: The captain gives every second another command. The last command you did give will have an effect. You will always get into boarding with an enemy ship if you are near enough!!! The enemy ship wants it and this is enough. The  commands are only there, to control if you want to board also friendly ships or empty ships. At the beginning the first command ist automatic given.
f) Backspace = change camera perspective. (You will see the whole ship)

PS: I know, that the collision detection is not perfect. But I had not enough time to make a better one. I think, there is still no other one out there for moving warband-ships.

..Thanks for answer, if you are interested i translate commands Ship in italian:...
JabdiMelborn said:
Comandi della nave:
Tu sei il capitano della tua barca. Non potete comandare la vostra barca direttamente. Devi solo dare comandi. E qui sono gli effetti dei comandi:

a) frecce su e giù = In 5 passi si può dire quanto forte i vostri uomini devono remare. Non tenere premuto un tasto freccia! Se si preme il tasto 'freccia su' 5 volte si da il comando di remare piu' forte possibile. Potete testare se siete alla velocita massima con questo test: se si preme il tasto freccia su, ma il messaggio 'more rowing' non si verifica, allora sapete: ho fatto già dare il comando di remare piu' forte possibile. Nella direzione opposta 'less rowing': se si preme il 'freccia giù', ma non appare la scritta 'less rowing' non appare, allora sapete: ho fatto già dare il comando di voga piu' lentamente possibile. Non dovete quindi dare altri comandi nella stessa direzione oltre i 5!

b) Invio/Return = Imposta / direziona Vela. Effetto dipende dalla vostra direzione nord. Se siete in direzione del vento si ottiene velocità extra. Se sei contro la direzione del vento si ottiene una penaliza nello spostamento. Acquisisci informazioni sulla direzione del vento con il tasto 'right shift'. Puoi capire la tua direzione in base al Sole e alla sua posizione. (alle 12h il sole è a sud)

c) Righ Shift = "Rapporto Situazione". Ti dice alcune cose interessanti.

d) frecce destra e sinistra = In 7 passi si può dire quanto è forte il vostro Timoniere deve sterzare in una direzione. Non tenere premuto un tasto freccia! Se si preme il tasto 'freccia destra' offrono il più alto comando di manovra (proprio come 'sterza completamente a destra piu' forte che si puo'). Lo vedrete con questo test: se si preme il tasto 'freccia destro', ma il messaggio 'more starboard' non appare, allora lo saprete: avrete dato il massimo comando di sterzare a destra. Nlla direzione opposta 'freccia sinistra avviene lo stesso'. In conclisione, dovete premere i tasti 'freccia destra e sinistra' per muovervi!

e) K = comando di 'abbordaggio'. Se si preme 'k' vedrete quale comando vi ha dato. Ce ne sono 3:
          - Abbordaggio
          - Andare a bordo anche di navi amichevoli
          - Evitare abbordaggio
Non tenere premuto il tasto 'k'! Cliccare in continuazione vi cambiera' uno dei tre comandi ogni volta. Proprio così: Il capitano dà ogni secondo un nuovo comando. L'ultimo comando che ha dato avrà effetto. Potreteabbordare una nave nemica SOLO se siete abbastanza vicini! Il comando 'andare a bordo di una nave amichevole' o 'evitare abbodaggio' sono presenti solo nel caso vi fossero necessari. All'inizio della partita il comando iniziale sara' settato su 'Abbordaggio'.

f) Backspace = Permette di cambiare il punto di vista della nava (Vedrete tutta la nave)

ciauiz^^,
Jab

Actually it looks quite good so far. But it's possible to make ships bigger and giving them some weapons too? Also you could use some additional interface like in Gathering storm mod to display info about the ship.

Just for the people who are still interested in naval warfare:
I gave my Klaubautermann-scripts to nijis and he makes a great mod with multiplayer-see-battles and much more now.
nijis said:
Coming alongside my prey, a merchant felucca
smallmerchant.png

A friendly galley past my bow and a longship trying to steer past
chase_and_chased.png

Getting rammed and boarded by a galley
being_rammed.png

Prow-to-prow boarding battle. The water is oddly colored because it's in edit mode. The engine is not really designed to work with constantly moving props and you'll see some troops standing in odd places, but it generally works well
boarding.png

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199681.msg4797523.html#msg4797523

Back
Top Bottom