[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And something I've noticed, which I've not seen before.

During tournaments, some fighters get javelins. Especially, but not exclusively, when mounted they stick to the walls, do not use the weapon as throwing weapon. And when dismounted, they keep their shield up (IE way to high, think against the wall in a siege-high) and move in a random pattern, sort of circle like.

I've had no trouble killing them, but that's the problem :razz:
There is no difficulty left whatsoever.

Edit:

I've been sieging, actually, I joined a siege, but whatever.
I died when I got 2 arrows to the face on the same second (nice timing!)

Anyway, Battle Continuation is a major asscrack!
mb6p.jpg

And to make matters worse.
My troops are lost somewhere...
mb7m.jpg

And the others are out of arrows, and not charging.
mb8d.jpg

All in all, I cannot retreat, I cannot continue.
So I had to enter cheatmenu, kill all the enemies with ctrl + F4, to get out...

Then there's also the fact that my (army's) men died like bugs. We had a 4 to 1 advantage, with us including 5 lords and 9 companions.
Troops we're all around the same quality, and still they only lost like 60/120 man, and we lost 520.
This mostly due to the deathpit at the top of the stairs. Unit comes there, and dies almost instantly (I was dead, so had some observation time).

This was at Rindyar Castle, Swadia defending vs Sarranid.

Mno said:
All in all, I cannot retreat, I cannot continue.
So I had to enter cheatmenu, kill all the enemies with ctrl + F4, to get out...

Then there's also the fact that my (army's) men died like bugs. We had a 4 to 1 advantage, with us including 5 lords and 9 companions.
Troops we're all around the same quality, and still they only lost like 60/120 man, and we lost 520.
This mostly due to the deathpit at the top of the stairs. Unit comes there, and dies almost instantly (I was dead, so had some observation time).

This is a problem with Diplomacy.  I had the same issue when I tried that mod by itself.  Just go into Diplomacy options at the campsite and turn off Battle Continuation.

Dooms1988 said:
anyway to add a ingame troop tree, or something so I can know what each troop uses as a weapon?

This should be in with the next release since it is part of Custom Commander.

I am hoping that the next version will be as amazing as I think it might be. Quick question though, will the custom troops inside custom commander also be there? If they are will you make each of the troops use the new items you plugged in as well?

Dooms1988 said:
anyway to add a ingame troop tree, or something so I can know what each troop uses as a weapon?

you could open up the troops.txt with the troop editor and have a look... other than that i dont know.

you are doing a great job with this mod and i'm really looking forward to play the new version!! :grin:

here comes a suggestion for this awesome mod (i apologize in advance for my bad english):

i think it would be great if you could implement a recruiting system like the one used in 1257AD mod. There you have different kinds of troop trees depending on the recruiting place (villages, castles, towns).

For example if you recruit someone in a village, he won't be able to become a knight. You could just upgrade him to a somewhat better footman, but he would remain a low tier troop. Someone recruited in a castle would start already as a well trained and equipped soldier. Obviously there would be less"castle recruits" available than villagers and they should also be more expansive. Recruits from a town should be somewhat in between.

There could also be differences between factions. Just to give an idea: Swadians could have weak "village recruits", average "town recruits", but strong "castle recruits". Rhodoks could have stronger "town recruits", nords maybe stronger "Village recruits" and weaker "town recruits" and so on.

This would add additional dept and realism.

Mno: Thanks, I'll keep an eye on this :smile:.

Dooms1988 & Slots: Unfortunately, that's currently not in there. In Custom Commander there's an ingame troop tree, but (for now) I have it disabled in the next version (maybe I'll change this before the release). More about it below.

Slots: I had problems getting those custom troops compatible with the savegames, so I had to remove them. But all units in the game will be redesigned with the new items.

Oddball_E8: There's indeed no other option.

LordPhoenix: Whoah, this is an excellent suggestion! I like it. I'll have to have a look at how to script this, but 1257AD has proven it can be done.

Alright people, a little status update.

After three days of ploughing through the code (in which I wasted one, but ok...) I managed to get Custom Commander implemented in the pack. Hurray! Unfortunately there were a few issues:
- The custom troops made the game not savegame compatible anymore, so I had to remove them. Maybe I'll put them back once I think of a way to make it savegame compatible, or maybe not because it might unbalance the new troop tree. For now their not there.
- I discovered in the code that the troop tree view that Custom Commander adds, isn't something that's automatically generated: rubik has put each unit himself on that position on the screen. Nothing wrong with that, but for larger troop trees like the Magus Mod or the new troop tree, the top tier troops would fall outside the screen. I'm not yet script-guru enough to find a scrollable solution to this, so for now I disabled this function. An unfortunate side-effect fromt his is that the ingame viewer of what items certain units have, is also disabled. I'll have a look if I can implement a troop list per faction where you can still see their equipment, but for now that's not of a high priority.
- I noticed that the ingame item viewer rubik had added does generate this list automatically, so any new items I add in the python script will be visible in that list. That's good :smile:. Only bad thing: I'll have to write 1000+ entries for all those items in the python code, since the creators of those items provided entries for the item_kinds1.txt, not for the python files. But well, maybe I'll do this since I'd have to revise a lot of weapons anyway.

Now I'm diving back into the code. I hope to have a first closed beta release soon.

Swordmaster17 said:
made an account just to say that i can't play this mod  :sad:
before the first loading screen concludes i get an "RGL ERROR" msg that says "get_object failed for msh: prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a"
i already tried to uninstall the game and install again but it keeps getting this error, can someone help me?

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brazil

I have the same problem here. It appears he copied a sceneprop.txt from an other mod (1257 AD) to the floris module and that fix it. But im not sure.

As it seems to be a common error. Could the fix be post in first post? I really want to play this mod....

Any help on what to do ? please guys?

About horse balance:
All the horses from 633 to 672 have a charge value of 60! it's probably the value set by their maker, but it seem very high to me.

The heaviest horses in native have  a charge value of "only" 32, and are still very strong, 60 will mean they are almost unstopable.

RastaKoueR said:
I have the same problem here. It appears he copied a sceneprop.txt from an other mod (1257 AD) to the floris module and that fix it. But im not sure.

As it seems to be a common error. Could the fix be post in first post? I really want to play this mod....

Any help on what to do ? please guys?

I see you read a bit further, I indeed gave him the advice to take another mods files, and copy them there. Though I would no say it's a common problem, as you are the second person to have it. Maybe you both have somthing similar (mod/hardware/firewall/etc.) that creates this error. As far as I know, the cure worked.

The fix was very simple:
Take the  particle_systems.txt  from a working mod, and copy/paste it into this mod (keep a back-up from the Floris mod).
-then the error changes to "get_object failed for a body: bo_arena_block_j_a"

Take the  scene_props.txt  from a working mod, and copy/paste it into this mod (keep a back-up from the Floris mod).

This should do the trick.

Hey guys, i have an error when loading the textures:
RGL Error, cannot load <texturename>.dds - i don't relaly remember the file name, but i think it was something like wplate2 or something... please, help, i really want to play this!
oh, and i have the extended version, of course :razz:
@edit
Please, guys. Help me! I wanna play this so much.

Jacon said:
Hey guys, i have an error when loading the textures:
RGL Error, cannot load <texturename>.dds - i don't relaly remember the file name, but i think it was something like wplate2 or something... please, help, i really want to play this!
oh, and i have the extended version, of course :razz:
@edit
Please, guys. Help me! I wanna play this so much.

first off, make sure to remember the name of the .dds file. Write it down if you have to.
then go into your mount&blade warbands folder and then on to modules and Floris Mod folder.
In the textures folder there, make sure that the file exists.
If not, reinstall the mod again.
if its there, try reinstalling anyway. If that doesnt work theres something wrong with the file.

Hm, i think it's something wrong with the download, because when i open the .rar archive an error pops up saying "unexpected end of the archive" so i'll try to redownload it.

Jacon said:
Hm, i think it's something wrong with the download, because when i open the .rar archive an error pops up saying "unexpected end of the archive" so i'll try to redownload it.

that would probarbly be wise... sometimes downloads get corrupted, make sure you delete it before you download again.

I'm almost completely sure that it was because the files are corrupted - because i'm downloading it again, and if you download a file again it usually saves as filename(2).rar and now it doesn't, so i suppose there are some corrupted files in the one that i downloaded.

well i hope it works out for you...

worst case scenario, you could always download the .dds file separately from someone here on the forums...

uhm i think this mod has the stuff with the thing and the other thing. Oh and it also has the things that do stuff.

Lmao srry but could you be more specific?

Duh said:
uhm i think this mod has the stuff with the thing and the other thing. Oh and it also has the things that do stuff.

Lmao srry but could you be more specific?

wait... its got the stuff with the thing and the other thing? hmm... im not sure i want  to play this mod now... :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom