[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the text is the same you posted here, my graphic card is not that good, i play warband with directx 7 because 9 make the game runs veeery slow
but i don't understand why the game cannot even begin...i play another mods without this kind of problem...is there some way i can fix this error? is this because of one particular mod of the pack?
i reaaally wanna play this pack i'm already thinking of download the individuals mods and go trying to see which one makes this error happen =/

ps: thanks man, I understand almost english almost perfectly but write is a little more difficult to me

Hmmz, what I can suggest then, is take the  particle_systems.txt  from a working mod, and copy/paste it into this mod (keep a back-up from the Floris mod).
Does this change the game from error to working?

If this doesn't work, try too lower all (graphic) settings to a minimum before starting the game.

If both don't fix it... I need some to think of other options :wink:

Another PS; You're doing fine! Keep it up :smile:

tried to copy the particle system txt of the 1257 mod and then the error changed to "get_object failed for a body: bo_arena_block_j_a"
dammit ¬¬
also tried to lower all the graphics settings but the error continues, i'm almost giving up and getting back to the 1257 mod.

PS again xD: put one more "almost" in the last post lol atention mistake, anyway thanks again dude

Swordmaster17 said:
tried to copy the particle system txt of the 1257 mod and then the error changed to "get_object failed for a body: bo_arena_block_j_a"
dammit ¬¬

That error is located in the scene_props.txt
So I don't get what the problem is. Maybe a faulty Floris mod pack???
You said you already you made a clean install, then I can't help you further. Maybe someone at the Forge, or from support could help you.
Goodluck anyway!

Swordmaster17 said:
hahahaha copied the scene props and it finally works =D
thanks man ^^
i was almost giving up xD

Lol, how random... Should have said that. Good that I at least said where it was... *stupid me... d'oh*
Good job man, enjoy the game now! Let's hope for no more errors and way more playing :smile:

Ahem... I'm having super srs problems with the basic pack.
The download didn't come with any of the resources, so it crashes at the loading screen whenever I try to play because it can't find them.  :neutral:

How's that possible? All the resource files should be included in the rarfile (packed 497 MB, unpacked 1,10 GB). They should be in the following directory:
\Floris Basic Mod Pack 1.0\Modules\Native\Resource
The following Resource files should be included:
actions_mod.brf
ArmouredHorse.brf
Dejawolf_helmets.brf
Dejawolf_helmets_late.brf
faradon_models.brf
gauntlets_newb.brf
HalfCata.brf
Maw_shields.brf
MoreHorse.brf
Narfs_plate_armour.brf
Narf's_Plate_Armour.brf
new_animations.brf
Njunja_items.brf
plumed_helms.brf
RR_Raptor_swords1.brf
std_banners.brf
std_banners_default.brf
std_flags_vertical.brf
talak_weapons.brf
thick_armors.brf
thick_armors_b.brf
thick_armors_f.brf
thick_armors_g.brf
thick_armors_h.brf
thick_armors_new_a.brf
thick_brigandines.brf
thick_clothing.brf
thick_full_plate_armor.brf
thick_helmets.brf
thick_helmets_f.brf
thick_helmets2.brf
thick_helms.brf
thick_horses_b.brf
thick_sarranid_helmets.brf
thick_sarranid_robe.brf
thick_shields.brf
thick_surcoats.brf
thick_vaegir_khergit_sarranid.brf

Whoa, ok. Apparently something went wonky with the files. All the stuff from the modules folder in the mod pack was somehow packed in my mod's directory... or something.

Anyways, I think it's just a weird way of having the stuff set. I should be able to fix it.

There is a khergit lamellar horse. There is also a vagir lamellar horse.
No trace of Katrin so far :smile:, no errors/bugs so far :smile:

Ah, ok :smile:. Don't forget to read the textfiles in the \Floris Basic Mod Pack 1.0\ directory, because else it won't work.
Once you're in the \Floris Basic Mod Pack 1.0\, you see the following:
\Modules\
\Textures\
add to item_kinds1.txt
add to module ini.txt
Instructions.txt
That Textures directory contains files that replace textures in your main game Textures directory. These are optional and won't break the mod if you don't copy them: they are those coloured faction arms (instead of black-transparent ones).

Mno: Thanks! I'll look for it and correct the spelling mistake. And thanks for helping Swordmaster17 out :smile:.

It's just that you had the majority of the mod in 'modules' in the pack, and that confused me. Normally you would just have the mod itself sitting there, and in this case the text file instructions in addition. Instead, you had the mod sitting within a 'modules' folder under the name of native, which was the actual container of many files.

I want to report a unbalance concerning the "black and white armour". Both versions of these armours have only 33 torso defence and 12 leg defence, while their weight value is 27.0000 and their price is over 6000(!). This doesn't seem right to me. I'd say you could make the weight 22.0000, it's price 2800-ish, and it's defensive values something like 50/14, like I did in my version of this mod. I'll track down all the inaccuracies and imbalances I can find, and report them to you. :smile:

Also, I saw some seemingly duplicated items in the item_kinds1 file. Like 2 pieces of Gothic plate armour. Don't know if it's intended or not, but it just looked a bit odd in my eyes.

Cheers. 

MrExpendable: Thanks! I'll be checking the items for duplicates (I guess a few have slipped in when I added those mods together) and certainly have a look at that bnw armor. If you find more, I'd be glad to hear it so I can correct it.

Scully: I agree.

King Ragnarok: :mrgreen:

I'm working on the next version now, but don't expect it to be here this week. There's still a lot to be done. An overview of what I've done so far:
I succesfully added the following three mods:
- Polished Landscapes
- Coloured Lances
- Narf's transitional armor
I've asked for permission for Custom Commander. When I get that, I'll try to implement that one too.
I also added a few more weapons.

Still to do:
- Check all items for doubles, strangenesses and imbalances
- Check all troop types for their items.

By the way, does someone know how to change the faces of those master craftsmen in the cities? I'm a little tired of all those scary bald dudes, and would love to give them better faces. Unfortunately my few attempts resulted in nothing.

There could be another companion related problem.

I got the following group:
Alayen, Firentis, Baheshtur
Borcha, Artimenner, Jeremus, Ymira, Lezalit, Rolf

Normally, this should give no problems, but...!
Ymira whines every few minutes, "everything sucks! And I wanna leave!"

But morale is excellent, even hers, no companions disputes, and fighting goes well.

Ps. All added mods/changes savegame compatible? If not, then I'm feeling beta tester ^^

King Ragnarok: Hadn't thought of that. But for now I have added enough items, so maybe later.

Mno: All new versions will be savegame compatible. I'm using this mod also with my savegame for my AAR, so they'd better be compatible :mrgreen:.
And I'll have a look at the companions for their whining. Or... Maybe Ymira just whines to get your attention... And does she want to leave alone or with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom