[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

monnikje

Master Knight
I started my After Action Report (AAR) Me, Floris with native, but in the course of a few months I added more and more mods to enhance my gameplay experience. This grew to a stunning large amount, all working together. I decided to combine these all into two Mod Packs: the Floris Basic Mod Pack, which is compatible with any Warband version as far as I know, and the Floris Expanded Mod Pack, which adds more features but is only compatible with the latest version. Here are some general notes:
  • Since a lot of mods are combined, both packs are enormous in size (each larger than the entire game!). This might strain slower pc's. If the expanded version is too much for your computer, you might want to try the basic version.
  • Because of this enormous size, the loading time of the mod is longer than you are used to. Have patience!
  • The basic version is compatible with any native savegame. The expanded version is only compatible with native or diplomacy savegames if you remove the Floris npc from troops.txt. You can download this file also here.
  • If you have any request for an additional mod to be added, just post in the topic or pm me, and I'll see what I can arrange for the next version.
  • If you want to use this pack in your own mod, you'll have to ask the authors of each mod in this pack for their permission (check the respective topics!). For the stuff created by me: you can use it as long as you give credit. It would be nice to let me know you've used it. See the post below for more information about using (parts of) this pack for your own mods.
  • Always make a backup of your native files, so you can easily revert back if you want to.
Now let's go to the packs.

Floris Basic Mod Pack
Version: 2.0
Compatibility: 1.1xx
Download: Easyshare, MegaUpload and a Torrent
MBRepository: The Music and The rest of the Basic Pack
Download size: 709 MB
Unpacked size: 1.56 GB

OPTIONAL PATCH: Download
This is a reworked troop tree by RalliX!

This pack combines the following 31 mods:
Features:
From the mods:
  • All arena's are overhauled, bringing more challenges and diversity to the fights there.
  • All training grounds have been overhauled, making them less boring.
  • New and more banners to choose from.
  • Coloured faction arms instead of those black-transparent ones.
  • 9 castles have been replaced by old English ones, 4 have been replaced by other castles. The rest of the towns and castles have been customized.
  • New and improved sound effects.
  • 1478 new items
  • 104 new songs to listen to during your game.

The following I added myself:
  • I changed the stats of quite a few items. Take for example the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.

Changelog:
v2.0:
- 17 new mods added.
- I changed the stats of quite a few items. Take for example the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.

v1.0 (downloaded 2,424 times):
Initial release containing 14 mods.

Installation guide:
1. Make a backup of your native folder and any files that might be replaced by this mod, in case you might want to revert after the installation.

2. Copy all the directories you find in this pack to your main Mount & Blade Warband directory (Click yes to overwriting). In case you want to apply this to another mod than 'native', you should change the name.
The files in your main game directory that are going to be overwritten, are the six logo's of the six different factions: from black & transparent ones they turn into coloured ones. This changes for all your mods!

3. Open the textfile 'add to item_kinds1.txt', add the 1128 item lines to your item_kinds1.txt and raise the number on top of it with 1128.

4. Open the textfile 'add to module ini.txt' and follow the instructions in there.

5. You're ready to go!

Floris Expanded Mod Pack
Version: 2.01
Compatibility: 1.132
Download: Easyshare, MegaUpload and a Torrent
MBRepository: The Music and The rest of the Expanded Pack
Download size: 816 MB
Unpacked size: 1.79 GB

If you want to load a savegame from native, you'll need some changed files, which you can find over here: Easyshare, MegaUpload, Filefront, Mediafire, MBRepository and a Torrent
You can download the source code for this version over here: Easyshare, MegaUpload, Filefront, Mediafire, MBRepository and a Torrent

Currently the maximum number of units in a battle is capped at 150, even if you use the Battle Sizer. Thanks to Caba'drin you only have to download an adjusted presentation.txt: Mediafire
The maximum cap is then set to 1000. If you want another number, you can follow these steps:
1) Open presentations.txt
2) Find the heading "prsnt_prebattle_record_battle_size"
3) On the line that follows (beginning with -60.000000), find the only instance of the number 151 by itself.
4) Change it to the number you set the battle sizer to +1 (so, if you set it to 1000, change 151 to 1001)
5) On the line after that (beginning with -62.000000), find the only instance of 151 by itself.
6) Change it to the number you set the battle sizer to +1 (so, if you set it to 1000, change 151 to 1001)
7) Find the heading "prsnt_prebattle_custom_deployment"
8 ) On the line that follows (beginning with -60.000000), find the only instance of the number 150 by itself.
9) Change it to the number you set in the battle sizer (if you set the battle sizer to 1000, change 150 to 1000).
10) Save. Play.

OPTIONAL PATCH: MBRepository
This is the Magus Mod troop tree reworked by Oddball_E8!

The Floris Expanded Mod Pack combines the following 46 mods (the ones not found in the Basic pack are italic):
Furthermore, it also features the following 4 scripts:
Features:
From the mods:
  • All arena's having overhauled, bringing more challenges and diversity to the fights there.
  • All training grounds have been overhauled, making them less boring.
  • New and more banners to choose from.
  • A lot of Custom Commander options:
This comes from the first post of the Custom Commander topic. Comments by me are in italic.

• Add a new menu before encounter that can choose NPC(unwounded) to be the leader instead of player.
  • "Auto loot"(thanks to fisheye), with improvements by rubik.
  • Auto-selling system.
  • The skill 'Path-finding' increases Party map speed by 6% per skill level.
  • If you enounter stronger enemies and leaving some soldiers behind to cover your retreat or after escaping, the movement speed will be twice the normal speed for half an hour (game time), then it will return to normal.
  • A few changes to Native models, made a flying arrow model of my own, now flying arrows are more... immersive.
  • Heroes (player, 17 NPCs, lords and kings) will get extra weapon points when he kill/stun a enemy troop. The amount of points depends on the xp gained and the hero's skill level of Weapon master.
  • Add a mystic merchant to the taverns of towns. You can gamble with him like the Diablo II. You will see many items, but you can't see the prefix and the true price of the items. You will cost the money of the same item without a prefix, then you may get an item with a good prefix or maybe an item with a bad prefix.
  • Troops in lords' parties or their towns or castles and also kingdom caravans will be sorted by the level of troops every 24 hours.
  • The horse' HP will influence its speed, if the horse' HP is lower, its speed will be lower.
  • Custom camera for battles. Note: this is also a feature in Diplomacy.
  • You can view the upgrade trees of troops and all items in game.
  • You can check out the effects of the prefix of an item with the prefix.
  • Many mod options in camp menu.
  • You can recruit troops for your own towns or castles.
  • You can redefine the 4 keys for Custom Camera in camp menu.
  • You can change the faction color of any factions in Camp menu.
  • New quests about solving bandit heroes, you can take these quests from mayors in towns. Note: Removed in this pack due to compatibility issues.
  • Show shot distance on sceen when you hit anything with ranged weapons.
  • Show next pay day (accurate to to an hour) in the reports menu, only take effect after you had payed once.
  • New character creation system, all questions and answers about your background are in one interface. You can a new character easily.
  • Cavalry will choose the right weapons from weapons which they equipped (not from their hole inventory). When they are on horses, they will prefer to use lances and switch to other weapons when they are on foot.
  • Horse archers won't switch weapons to melee weapons before they run out of their ammo.
  • Rhodok sergeants will switch weapons to the glaive when they are close to the enemies if they had equipped it on back, and switch to a shield with an one-handed weapon when the enemies are far away to defense the enemies' arrows or bolts.
  • Customizable troops can be renamed in the upgrade tree of them in reports menu. Note: Removed in this pack due to compatibility issues.
  • High-level troops need more XP to upgrade.
  • Towns, castles and villages are not visible at the beginning of the game and will be always visible after you had discovered them once. Note: This feature didn't work right, so I removed it.
  • Each bandit heroes have 10 random names and their faces are also random. Removed in this pack due to compatibility issues.
  • The names of all NPCs, travelers, booksellers, ransom broke are hidden before you talk with them once.
  • A lot of new diplomatic features:
This comes from The Diplomacy info page. Comments by me are in italic.

As vassal
  • Persuasion attempts to convince your king to start a war
  • Appoint a chamberlain, who will decrease tax inefficiency by 10% and gives you the ability to set tax rates.  Taxes also have an effect on center relation and prosperity. In addition he will take care of paying wages and collecting income as well as giving you the possibility to secure your money
  • Let your companions pick items from the chamberlain item pool (autoloot)
  • Appoint a constable who recruits and trains troops and provides information about garrisons and troops of lords
  • Send patrols to important locations
  • Appoint a chancellor who sends gifts and messengers to other lords
  • Village and town riots may occure if the people hate you and have to pay high tax rates. Counter them or negotiate with the leader.
  • Let your spouse buy some food
  • Pay staff salary
  • Troops will start running away if you go into debts (this also applies to garrisons)
  • Return fiefs to your king, he won't like this, though
  • Move your residence (via spouse)
  • Negotiate Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms if defending your own keeps and towns
  • Affiliate to families
  • Send scouts to settlements

As king
  • Threaten other kingdoms with war and try to squeeze money out of them
  • If a faction sues for peace you will have the option to set terms
  • Possiblity to send a gift to another faction (fief or money)
  • Send a spy to another kingdom
  • Form an alliance, conclude a defensive pact, sign a trade agreement or conclude a non-aggression treaty with another faction.
  • Change the domnestic policy of your kingdom. Choose between Centralization/Decentralization, Aristocracy/Plutocracy, Serfdom/Free subjects, Quality/Quantity which affects trade income, vassals armies size, AI army strength, relation between king and vassals as well as tax inefficiency
  • When asking for a truce you will get the option to pay and/or give fiefs to conclude a truce.
  • If another faction recognizes you as king you will have the option to ask for help against your enemy and in certain circumstances support the decision by paying money
  • Choose your faction culture so all your lords will recruit the same type of troops
  • Exchange or release your (own) prisoners
  • Distribute spoils of war after you conquered a town or castle
  • Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom

Misc/Technical
  • Battle continuation and free death cam. Note: this is also a feature in Custom Commander.
  • Amount of recruits available in villages will depend on honour, renown, being owner, being king, domnestic policies
  • Horses will become slower if they are wounded
  • New visual presentation of faction relations
  • New presentations for some reports.
  • New options before battle
  • Fancier water
  • Wider horizons
  • Nicer blood
  • Coloured faction arms instead of those black-transparent ones.
  • Polished landscapes and skies
  • 9 castles have been replaced by old English ones, 4 have been replaced by other castles. The rest of the towns and castles have been customized.
  • New and improved sound effects.
  • New combat animations.
  • 1510 new items
  • 104 new songs to listen to during your game.

The following I've added myself:
  • A new npc: you can now hire Floris himself into your party! And yes, I've written all his dialogues.
  • The Floris King Logos are now on boards outside the taverns.
  • The first two banners have been replaced by the one of Holland, and my own family weapon.
  • I've rebuilded the python files for Utrehd's Music Pack v0.8. Apparently there were more songs in this pack than were actually used. I solved that, and made sure the songs were to be used alongside the originals, not replacing them.
  • I've given some troops items from the new and expanded list. This means that the new items aren't just available, but also readily used!
  • I changed the stats of all the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.
  • Complete new faces for all women.
  • Totally new troop tree:
trooptree00.jpg

trooptree01.jpg

trooptree02.jpg

trooptree03.jpg

trooptree04.jpg

trooptree05.jpg

trooptree06.jpg

trooptree07.jpg

trooptree08.jpg

trooptree09.jpg

trooptree10.jpg

Screenshots:
rhodok02.jpg

rhodok04.jpg

mrt02.jpg

sarranid02.jpg

vaegir01.jpg

vaegir02.jpg

nord01.jpg

duh01.jpg

Changelog:
v2.01:
- Fixed a tiny bug I found immediately after uploading version 2.0.

v2.0:
- Bugfix: it appeared that the npc's all started as level 1. That's been fixed now.
- 30 new mods added.
- 4 new scripts added
- Updated all mods to their latest version.
- I changed the stats of quite a few items. Take for example the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.
- Totally new troop tree.
- A lot of other fixes and small changes!

v1.0 (downloaded 3,643 times):
Initial release containing 15 mods.

Installation guide:
1. Extract the downloaded .rar-file into your Modules directory.

2. You're ready to go!

Copyrights:
Each mod in this pack has its own policy on using their stuff. To make it easier, I listed the licenses here.

About the stuff I made:
You may use it freely in your mod, as long as you give credit where credit is due. But you may only use my python entries for the items if you've got permission from the original authors.

About the mods:
The following mods may only be used after you've got permission from the author:
The following mods are open source or free to use without permission, although you need to give credit where credit is due and it's always a good idea to send the authors a pm that you've used their mod:

Please send me a pm if I listed any mod in the wrong category.

Other Credits:
I would like to thank the following people:

The Beta testers:
Duh
Gulatr
JS15
Knight0815
Mno

Other help:
Caba'drin
Oddball_E8
RalliX
Everyone in the topic!

And of course thanks to Armagan and the TaleWorlds team for creating Warband!

I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Converting savegames:
When starting a new game:
When you start a new game, all works fine. I didn't spot any bugs.

When converting from native to 2.01:
When you convert a Native savegame to the Expanded Mod Pack, I noticed that the kingdom names are a little shifted in order, and in 'Notes' the images of the npc's are also wrong (although it will be corrected when you actually click on the npc). I haven't been able to find the cause of this, but after some playing I noticed that it doesn't break your game.

When converting from 1.0 to 2.01:
- When you convert from 1.0 to the next version, you've got the above problem, and an additional one with the troop trees that might be a hindrance. Some better tier units get a much lower level than they should have. And when I start a new game, they do have their right level. I guess it's because of the transition from one complex troop tree to another. The only thing I could do about it is making sure that similar units have the same position in the troops.txt, which I did. Despite that this hindrance occurs. I have found no way to fix that :sad:.
- I also noticed that, when converting from 1.0 to the next version, I had to rehire my Diplomacy staff, who thereafter seemed to work fine. 60 denars is a small price to pay.

FAQ
Q: I don't like the Combat Animation Enhancements. How can I remove them?
A: Copy from native or your favorite mod 'skeletons.brf' to the Resource dricetory of this mod, and 'actions.txt' to the main mod directory, and say yes to overwrite. You should now have the old animations back.

Q: I get crashes while saving a game, during or after a bigger battle or switching screens.
A: You might want to check out this topic. In most cases this solves your problems.

Disclaimer: Even though I did my best to make the mod pack as bug free as possible, it's possible that I have overlooked something. Don't panic, but instead report the bug as accurate as p=ossible, so I can fix it.

It sounds interesting, expecially after my pc crashed with my own personal mod within (all the troop tree with all the Thick stuffs). So i was thinking to use your expanded mod when my pc will be back (if it will), but the troop tree seems too long and deleting the faction specific troops, but maybe i'm wrong. And i can't see swadians with bows  :mrgreen:

Adorno: Indeed. Many credits to all the authors of the different mods (including you :smile:).

Robis: The troop tree is indeed larger, but it adds also many different paths towards the same top tier units. Personally I like this troop tree, that's why I included it.
You can also use the basic version, and use the Python Files from the Diplomacy mod to merge it into your own style. That's the way I did it.

thick1988: Thank! It is :smile:.

Scully: It doesn't look ridiculous, the mods work perfectly together. I'll post some screenshots soon: I first have to go to work. When I'm back I'll post some.

monnikje said:
Robis: The troop tree is indeed larger, but it adds also many different paths towards the same top tier units. Personally I like this troop tree, that's why I included it.
You can also use the basic version, and use the Python Files from the Diplomacy mod to merge it into your own style. That's the way I did it.

if i can save my own troop file i can use it, but i should rework each unit with all the nice new stuff u included isntead of only the awesome thick's variants

killer-blead: Glad to be of service :smile:.
To answer your question: both yes and no.
Yes: it does start, gives you no errors and allows you to continue playing with your native savegame.
No: it does screw up the listing of the npc's. Harlaus is suddenly named Floris, Arwa the Pearled one is suddenly a guy and so on. This problem is there because I added a new companion, and it comes in front of the kings,knights and ladies. They are all shifted by one. Floris thus screws up the day...
Solution: Replace the troops.txt by this file. I disabled the Floris npc in it. Too bad you can't have this new companion with your old savegame, but you can enjoy the rest of the mod with your old savefile :smile:.

Robis: That's going to be a lot of work :sad:. But I hope you can save your troops.txt, because it would save the trouble of rebuilding that.

PadrePio: You're welcome :smile:.

a quick question about the expanded version:
2. Copy all the directories you find in this pack to your main Mount & Blade Warband directory (Click yes to overwriting).

does that mean i HAVE to overwrite the files that are NOT in the modules copies of native i have?
because wouldnt this then conflict with any other mods i have?
couldnt you edit your mod so it loads the custom textures only for itself?

There are seven files in the main Textures map. Six of them are the faction logo's: instead of this:
originalswadia.jpg
you'll get this:
colouredswadia.jpg
These are by the way also in the basic mod pack.

The seventh file is one that replaces the normal logo's outside the tavern with ones from Floris.

Unfortunately I'm not able to edit these seven files into just a mod (does anyone know that perhaps?), so these changes apply to all your modules. But since they are mere replacements of some pictures, they won't conflict with any of them. Luckily they are not essential, and you can run the mod perfectly fine without them :smile:. Therefor, if you don't want it, you don't have to copy that. The necessary textures are all within the module.

As I used most of these mods myself, I'm glad someone made a compilation!

Saves lazy people a lot of time  :roll: :smile:
Anyway, got an error on day 5;

Emir Atis was defeated but escaped
Tulug Noyan was defeated but escaped
Script error on opcode 1641:  Invalid party ID 584:  Line NO 181
At script party_set_ai_state
At script party_set_ai_state

Thanks everyone :smile:. Glad to hear you like it.

Mno: Hm... That's not good. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have a look at it. But was this in the basic or the expanded version?

Robis said:
monnikje said:

if i can save my own troop file i can use it, but i should rework each unit with all the nice new stuff u included isntead of only the awesome thick's variants

whats wrong with my troop tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom